Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post

Yeh i dont think this would be microsofts fault on this. Gears 4 works fine crossplatform so i fail to see why it wouldnt work on windows 10 unless it is as a said and its just the xbox version and you would be playing with the xbox players. I dont see them having just windows servers for pc windows store purchases. I think someone fucked up and listed or setup the wrong version somewhere.
    I am 99% sure it isn't a crossplatform issue Because like GOW4 the pvp won't be cross-play.

If the pvp was cross-play the XB1 player's would get destroyed by the PC players.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I am 99% sure it isn't a crossplatform issue Because like GOW4 the pvp won't be cross-play.

If the pvp was cross-play the XB1 player's would get destroyed by the PC players.
    the pvp is and can be crossplatform, its one mode of it that isnt. And i doubt that as im playing bf1 with a controller on pc and doing quiet fine.

the pvp is and can be crossplatform, its one mode of it that isnt. And i doubt that as im playing bf1 with a controller on pc and doing quiet fine.
    Do u have a link stating that? Not saying you are wrong but I know for a fact the pvp in Gears of War 4 was not cross-platform due to KB&M Vs Controller.

So I would not be surprised if its the same with IW. Yes you can do "Quite Fine" with a controller on PC. Still does not change the fact anyone with a KB&M will have a massive advantage over those with a controller. Then you have other settings you can do as well that will give u a advantage.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Do u have a link stating that? Not saying you are wrong but I know for a fact the pvp in Gears of War 4 was not cross-platform due to KB&M Vs Controller.

So I would not be surprised if its the same with IW. Yes you can do "Quite Fine" with a controller on PC. Still does not change the fact anyone with a KB&M will have a massive advantage over those with a controller. Then you have other settings you can do as well that will give u a advantage.
    They dont have a massive advantage, overexageration is cool. A skiller controller player will be able to handle themselves just fine. Im pretty sure its just the ranked leagues or some shit in gears, look it up.

They dont have a massive advantage, overexageration is cool. A skiller controller player will be able to handle themselves just fine. Im pretty sure its just the ranked leagues or some shit in gears, look it up.
    Don't need to look it up I own the game. Also no its not a Overexageration, you clearly just don't have a clue about what your talking about. No all PVP in Gears of War 4 is tied to the system its on. The Pve (Campaign/Horde) you can play cross-platform.

Microsoft isn't looking to repeat what they learned on 360 when they tried it. 9 times out of 10 KB&M wins vs Controller (In FPS Games to be clear)

http://www.shacknews.com/article/971...c-and-xbox-one
    https://www.reddit.com/r/GearsOfWar/..._hopes_xboxpc/

And so on... Pvp in GoW4 is NOT cross-platform.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-11-04 at 10:01 AM.

Don't need to look it up I own the game. Also no its not a Overexageration, you clearly just don't have a clue about what your talking about. No all PVP in Gears of War 4 is tied to the system its on. The Pve (Campaign/Horde) you can play cross-platform.

Microsoft isn't looking to repeat what they learned on 360 when they tried it. 9 times out of 10 KB&M wins vs Controller (In FPS Games to be clear)

http://www.shacknews.com/article/971...c-and-xbox-one
    https://www.reddit.com/r/GearsOfWar/..._hopes_xboxpc/

And so on... Pvp in GoW4 is NOT cross-platform.
    No stats to back up that 9/10 just an fyi otherwise i wouldnt be in the top 3-5 on most matchs in bf1 with my controller. And private vs matches can be crossplatform, its just MM that isnt.

No stats to back up that 9/10 just an fyi otherwise i wouldnt be in the top 3-5 on most matchs in bf1 with my controller. And private vs matches can be crossplatform, its just MM that isnt.
    Come on man. You and everyone else knows that's just anecdotal evidence (and you got not stats to back that up either) and better hardware definitely gives you big advantages. I know some people can do much better with a controller than 95% of the people using KB&M but on average KB&M is just superior. And just compare competitive matches of for example CoD on PS4 and CS:GO on PC. There is definitely a big difference in precision. And it doesn't have aim assist just for giggles.

- - - Updated - - -

Can i ask who really is going to play any of IW multiplayer? Cod4 RM will reign supreme as it should.

After seeing the pay2win video i do have to say thats pretty laughable and honestly with cod4 available, people who choose IW over cod4 just dont have a clue imo.
    You know it's going to be a shit game when they sell "the best CoD of all time" with it. I mean, why would they bother to produce a top notch game when they got MW Remastered.

It's rather sad. It should have been sold seperately at some other time really. The IW competitive scene is going to be much less fun to watch and they are probably forced to play IW.

Yes all private match's is cross-platform. Public as in Ranked and Casual isn't, you know the two modes that matter way more then private. Congratz's you can get in the top 3-5 using a controller. Never said it couldn't be done but it still does not change the fact that KB&M is better then controller.

You have higher Accuracy.Reaction Time and Control with a KB&M over a controller. Fact of the matter is public (shouldn't even need to clarify the mode I was talking about) pvp in GOW4 is tied to the system its on and KB&M is in fact better then controllers when it comes to FPS games.

Maybe saying massive was a wrong choice in words but its better. Can you play with a controller and do fine.....yep. But for example take two people with the same skill level and place one on KB&M other on Controller the KB&M will win.

Bottom line is this, if IW fallows the same (Buy on one own on the other) setup as GOW4 then that is why its not cross-play with Steam (rest of PC). People need to learn that when you buy a game from the windows store you are buying a Digital Xbox Game and playing it on your PC.

The Windows Store is its own platform tied more so to Xbox then PC. I think its stupid as hell but that is how it works.

It's rather sad. It should have been sold seperately at some other time really. The IW competitive scene is going to be much less fun to watch and they are probably forced to play IW.
    Ya I have a gut feeling the COD4MW Remaster Multiplayer will just outright kill IW's Multiplayer (besides zombies) on all platforms.

They did this to boost the sells of the game and its shitty. I really want to play COD4 I don't want to spend $80 to do it.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-11-04 at 10:39 AM.

Its nice that they give you the option of what version you want to install on the console version. Not even gona bother with IW untill i wanna run through the singleplayer.

Its nice that they give you the option of what version you want to install on the console version. Not even gona bother with IW untill i wanna run through the singleplayer.
    The SP does seem a bit interesting but from what I have seen and heard the MP is lackluster. Mite break down at some point and get it just for COD4. No telling when they will sell it on its own if at all.

Did you have to input a code for COD4 or just install it and go?

The SP does seem a bit interesting but from what I have seen and heard the MP is lackluster. Mite break down at some point and get it just for COD4. No telling when they will sell it on its own if at all.

Did you have to input a code for COD4 or just install it and go?
    when i put the disc in it gave 2 options for install, cod4 or IW. You can do both or one or the other, no code.
    Last edited by Zeta333; 2016-11-04 at 10:58 AM.

when i put the disc in it gave 2 options for install, MW4 or IW. You can do both or one or the other, no code.
    Well there's that I guess. Just watched a unboxing video where it had a key for COD4 but states you need the disk in to play it.

Happy u can chose what one to install tho, If u got this bundle anyway

- - - Updated - - -

So this just came out.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...s-10-and-steam

COD: Infinite Warfare on Windows 10 also does not support Xbox One cross-play, nor is it an Xbox Play Anywhere game, so you won't automatically own it on two platforms - PC and Xbox One - when buying on one.
    Whose idea was it to segregate Windows 10 multiplayer? Activision's, it seems. In a comment supplied to Windows Central, a Microsoft spokesperson said: "We support cross-play between devices and platforms for partners who want to enable it."
    Since It doesn't support Cross-Play or Cross-Buy this move is really really stupid. If it supported the CP/CB system I could understand since it would just be a digital Xbox game. But it isn't and this is highly highly stupid.

Avoid buying this on the windows store it will not be worth it. It seems this may have been a choice by Activision not Microsoft.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-11-04 at 10:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read some reviews for CoD:IW and it seems like this is a mindblowing year for FPS fans. Doom providing an amazing single player FPS experience while Overwatch held down the multiplayer side earlier in the year and now we've got the best Battlefield game since Bad Company 2, Titanfall 2 which is apparently stellar, and Infinite Warfare which is supposedly quite good along with a remaster of one of the finest FPS games ever made in both Single Player and Multiplayer in CoD4.

Unfortunately with my schedule as it is along with Dishonored 2 and Pokemon Sun and Moon on the horizon I fear I won't have any time to play CoD until 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Read some reviews for CoD:IW and it seems like this is a mindblowing year for FPS fans. Doom providing an amazing single player FPS experience while Overwatch held down the multiplayer side earlier in the year and now we've got the best Battlefield game since Bad Company 2, Titanfall 2 which is apparently stellar, and Infinite Warfare which is supposedly quite good along with a remaster of one of the finest FPS games ever made in both Single Player and Multiplayer in CoD4.

Unfortunately with my schedule as it is along with Dishonored 2 and Pokemon Sun and Moon on the horizon I fear I won't have any time to play CoD until 2017.
    Im sorry but where are these people who are saying IW is quite good? So far iv seen its pay to win, or you need somthing like 97 hours to fully unlock one gun, and you have cyberdogs and flying robot people in it.

Good news, found my CoD 4 disc. Won't have to buy this now.

(Although I probably will anyhow)

Not going to lie the space parts of the campaign looks fun.

I am still pissed as fuck about CODMW1 being locked behind a $80 paywall. If I can get the bundle cheap I just mite buy it.
    Fuck those greedy assholes... for 80 bucks you can get a PS3 and a copy of the game and play it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Haven't looked into it properly but, people being able to buy guns means nothing to me. Doesn't make them a better player. If fools want to part with their money, let them. Most people won't buy any of them anyway.

And that Win10 Store bullshit... holy fuck.
    Those guns tho have better stats. Ya it doesn't make them a better player, but does give them a higher chance to kill you.

It is pure p2w even more so since grinding the ingame currency to buy said weapons is unrealistic.

Yeah, really doesn't bother me at all. You'll either get the game or you won't. /shrug
    Your chances of actually running into people that spent loads of money on the absolute best stats are very slim.
    And the bolded is based on what? Games make a killing selling cosmetic skins and you see them all the time. This is no different besides the fact they are not cosmetic. You have just as much of a chance seeing someone with a bought weapon then someone without, if not more so.

This games reviews seems to indicate it sucks.

Not just because of "gwafics"

Do you constantly see the absolute very best WoW players in-game when you play? Or always come up against the best PvP players when you PvP? Answer is no. Same applies here. Millions of players and you'll only ever be exposed to a fraction of them. What do you actually believe your chances are of always coming up against a player that has spent money to have the absolute best gun in the game?
    What you posted makes zero sense. The best WoW Players is a small % of the total player pop. You underestimate how many people will drop $$$ for in game advantages.

Done seen this happen in many other games and it won't be any different in IW.

The fact of the matter is no matter how small a percent it may be there is still a clear advantage to using RL $$$ over playing the game. You CAN NOT grind the ingame currency in a realistic time to get these weapons. You can however drop RL $$$ to get them and that makes it p2w.

Done repeating myself since you clearly just don't get it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    This games reviews seems to indicate it sucks.

Not just because of "gwafics"
    Ya its getting average reviews it seems. The best thing I have heard is the campaign is good but zombies is lackluster and MP is Meh.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-11-04 at 04:24 PM.