Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    Why is she putting baby powder on her vajayjay?
    Putting Powder down there after shaving is great. Same when it's hot.
    Powder is great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Actually, the reason for the large reward is that J&J was found to have purposefully concealed critical information about talcum's safety for more than 40 years.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/johnson-...-cause-cancer/
    In its natural form, talc can sometimes contain asbestos, which is known to cause cancers in and around the lungs when inhaled. But all talcum products sold in the U.S. have not contained asbestos since the 1970's.

The evidence around asbestos-free talcum products and cancer risk is more unclear.

The American Cancer Society notes that research looking at the potential link between talcum powder and ovarian cancer is mixed. Some studies report a slightly increased risk in women who reported using talcum powder in the genital area, while other studies found no increased risk at all.

Experts say some of the studies that found a small increase in risk may not be highly accurate because they relied on a person's memory of talc use many years earlier.

I'd believe an organization who's conducted multiple studies over one guy who's done only one and spouts off nonsense about the other ones. And the letter is really a warning about how things could be perceived, not how they really are. It's not an admittance of guilt so much as a word of caution. If talcum powder is shown to cause cancer then they should admit it instead of fight it because fighting facts leads to what we have with the cigarette industry.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Consumers have a right to know the facts and companies regardless of who they are shouldnt hide facts just because they want profits to stay high. If you know something is having a risk you have to disclose it really it is common sense yet only liberals seems to know this stuff right wingers are just to cuddly with the corporate greed that someone getting cancer is oh well tough shit on you but profit matters more.
    So basically a warning label should be on everything. K

People like you are why we have to put warning bottles on bleach "DO NOT DRINK".

I thought for sure it would be Florida...

Only thing I have been able to think of is just how stank this woman was if she's been dumping enough baby powder on her hoohah to cause goddamn cancer.

I know that's kind of awful...
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

70 million dollars? At that amount one would think the powder was made from actual babies.

10+ Year Old Account
    What evidence was presented that the powder caused her cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Actually, the reason for the large reward is that J&J was found to have purposefully concealed critical information about talcum's safety for more than 40 years.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/johnson-...-cause-cancer/

This is a similar issue to why the spilled McDonald's coffee resulted in a large settlement in the 1990s. It isn't about the dangers as much as the fact that these companies had information in hand about potential dangers and actual incidents, and purposefully buried them.
    What. McDonalds buried the fact that hot coffee is a potential danger? Humans have no credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    You don't need evidence you just need a jury in an area dumb enough that they only sympathize with "victims" and hate corporations.

I always wonder how the juries come up with these insane amounts too. Theres no way this woman working whatever career she could accomplish could make that much money in five lifetimes, I'd be willing to gamble she could live to 1000 and not make 70 million dollars. How the hell is she (and her legal team of course) deserving of even a fraction of that money?

Right that's it, I'm suing blizz for the last 12 years of my life playing warcraft has caused me to not exercise and put on weight, there was no warning sticker on the box i brought that stated it might cause weight gain.

Pffff its like the medicines you get, read the little booklet and you'll find it covers everything and "in some rare cases, could cause death", even anti-depressants state "can cause depression and suicidal thoughts", when i take them after reading that i'd sit and wait for the thoughts and depression to come one.

Quote Originally Posted by chubbybunny View Post
    Right that's it, I'm suing blizz for the last 12 years of my life playing warcraft has caused me to not exercise and put on weight, there was no warning sticker on the box i brought that stated it might cause weight gain.

Pffff its like the medicines you get, read the little booklet and you'll find it covers everything and "in some rare cases, could cause death", even anti-depressants state "can cause depression and suicidal thoughts", when i take them after reading that i'd sit and wait for the thoughts and depression to come one.
    They tell you to go outside on the loading screen.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Consumers have a right to know the facts and companies regardless of who they are shouldnt hide facts just because they want profits to stay high. If you know something is having a risk you have to disclose it really it is common sense yet only liberals seems to know this stuff right wingers are just to cuddly with the corporate greed that someone getting cancer is oh well tough shit on you but profit matters more.
    You misseed the fact that these things only cause cancer IN California, not anywhere else...

It was a pretty common practice for ladies to put baby powder in that area. They don't douche with it lol, they sprinkle some in the crotch area of the underwear.

I think it's a trend that might have passed on, I don't think I've met a female that does that under the age of 40.

I'm surprised that lawsuit hasn't happened yet, to be honest. Especially with "Internet Gaming Disorder" being a "condition for further study" and is listed in the DSM-5.

http://www.dsm5.org/Documents/Intern...ct%20Sheet.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Everything causes cancer in California. Look at labels on things.
    I just bought some midi cables, proposition 65 says they can cause cancer, not even kidding. I mean I am not going to eat them, honest.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    California the liberal utopian safe place.
    please there are several states you do not want to be sued in that are way worse then CA.

especially class actions and business lawsuits on saftey

Thats exactly why the booklet exist on your Anti-depressants and why Blizzard loading screen tells you to also go outside lol. Actually open whats left of video game instruction booklets, its literally all the possible injuries and sickness. Even steam games have the warnings about playing too long,sedantarity, possible damage to your eye sight, list goes on.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-10-31 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I'd like to know this too.

People are instantly poo-pooing the verdict instead of taking a second to actually find out if there's a chance baby powder causes cancer. Considering the size of the award, you should take a moment to at least think it's a possibility and do some research for yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    What. McDonalds buried the fact that hot coffee is a potential danger? Humans have no credibility.
    McDonalds was irresponsible to offer coffee that was hot enough to cause second and third degree burns, not only in general but especially for customers ordering via a drive thru window.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    I just bought some midi cables, proposition 65 says they can cause cancer, not even kidding. I mean I am not going to eat them, honest.
    Careful! The electricity running through them might leak out and cause super cancer. I'd created a lead bunker around myself with a lead window that blocks out any signals just to be safe.

Wouldn't want to get cancer... Careful with the lead though. Don't touch that either.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hate these "product must have label for all possible damaged caused by it, when you buy a coat hanger please do not use it for abortion".

They should take warning labels out of everything and let natural selection take its course.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    McDonalds was irresponsible to offer coffee that was hot enough to cause second and third degree burns, not only in general but especially for customers ordering via a drive thru window.
    This was one isolated case where the machine was malfunctioning.

Yes McDonalds is responsible, no it was not a wide spread problem.