Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    It's not that, it's that it looks like they're not bringing the things I wanted from D2, it's a reboot/reimagining of the class, as far as I can tell.
    Which is what they were going to do anyway.

Expecting them to copy/paste necro from D2 is just silly. Also, WD has a very competitive design with pets - so they couldn't just throw summons around. Imho the idea of having necro pets perma out like monk/DH for example is a better idea. You will be able to command your army of skeletons and corpse explode your way.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I am excited to play the Necro but I can see it now, my friends and I running around as 4 Necro's for a season then never playing again. I come back from time to time but the game never holds my interest for long and the Necro wont save the game for me.

7+ Year Old Account

TLDR: (Boon of the Impatient)
    Necromancer sets focusing on Blood, Pets, Mid-Range Spell Casting, and Summoning. The Blood Golem overlaps with Garg, and he worries the class will be particularly strong with CoE.
    Met, spoke with, and posed questions to multiple devs regarding map hacks (reveal map to all to balance playing field), nerf paragon from 5 Main Stat to 1-2, balance map distribution (Open vs. Linear), give Primals a unique sound/light/etc., and ... the female Necromancer is a butterface, apparently.
    Lastly, he stresses the Devs are clearly passionate about Diablo and gaming in general and were very receptive to his questions (though not always providing answers).
    Quick Summary (Bane of those Bored at Work Who Wanted to Watch the Video)
    Necromaner
    Bluddshedd played the melee loadout of the Necromancer
    Necromancer seems to be shaping up to have four areas of focus for the sets: Blood, Pets, Mid-Range, Summoning. Apparently built with a lot of room for players to find and develop a meta, rather than Blizzard dictating out of the box.
    Blood Golem feels like it overlaps with Gargantuan, and he'd like to see it have some CC (pull mobs in).
    Necromancer gets 3 CoE elements, will be strong; plan to compensate with other comparable rings.
    The three Necromancer elements are Blight, Blood, and Frost. Frost is attack damage ice
    Revive has a short duration, possibly to reduce becoming OP.
    Low corpse retention rate, possibly to balance the gameplay.
    Meetings
    Met multiple developers and D3 celebrities from across the world, all he speaks well of regarding their clear gaming passions and how they kept letting him ask questions.
    He met Rhykker for the first time, how they never crossed paths at Blizzcon I don't know.
    General
    Want to reduce lag by removing/reducing other player spell effects (barring "essential", group skills).
    Blud with the Devs
    Counter Map Hacks by showing pylons. No response, but they heard.
    Nerf Paragon from 5 stat per point to 1-2; but no changes confirmed, only that they are listening.
    Balance distribution of Linear and Open Maps of Rifts, G Rifts, Rift Guardians, etc. to 50% each.
    Will look into adding mobs to G Rift, specifically for any corpse-intensive Necromancers.
    He wants Primals to have a unique identification/drop sound/ray of light.
    Female necromancer is a butterface in the UI (I think he means in the "inventory", but maybe the portrait?)
    Rerolling Primals (maintaining Primal identity) so as to reduce "shittiness" of Primals, Devs will look into it to make sure Primals feel special.
    Stresses again the Dev team seems to listen and care.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comm...eplay/dfme2qz/

butterface? that's stupid. from the video we saw of her, she's gorgeous.

7+ Year Old Account
    He was talking about the character portrait e.g.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    He was talking about the character portrait e.g.
    [IMG]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/55/86/d0/5586d0aff9a571e79c58fe9e759551a2.jpg[IMG]
    hmm, i gotta see that.

if it looks anything like her model, i don't see how it could be ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    hmm, i gotta see that.

if it looks anything like her model, i don't see how it could be ugly.
    Well, in the video he said that the face is way too squared compared to the actual 3d model (which is "gorgeous" [cit.]).

He also says that it's likely only the first iteration and that needs to be reworked.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

7+ Year Old Account
    Another video, from Rhykerrrr

10+ Year Old Account
    So, when he says there is one set for pets, and one for summoning... Huh? Does he mean one for skellies and one for Golems? If so, fuck yeah I'm on board!

Also like the sound of the Blood set, fingers crossed it'll be a tank melee playstyle. I do so enjoy them!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I think skeletons are more passive summons then active
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    They made mention of it being both. They have the passive summon, but then if you recast the ability they do something active, no?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

7+ Year Old Account
    I think you can point your skeletons to attack something.
    https://youtu.be/gX91aiiTWq4?t=1m52s

BTW Rhykker mentioned that this skill will no longer have caster skeletons, but they will be in the game in some other form.

Deleted
    datnecroposting

Infracted.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2017-04-03 at 08:37 AM.

wowwwwwwwwwwwww!