Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Weekly chest question - Not working as expected

This past week my group finished a Halls 6 and got 2 chests. Our keystone upgraded to a BRH 8, so the game seems to have considered us as having completed a +7. However, the item I got out of the chest this morning was an 865, which according to the table posted over in Wowhead's guide is the loot for a +6. We should have gotten 870 gear instead.

What gives? Does the weekly chest just not care what level keystone you finished, and it only matters what level dungeon you entered and finished, regardless of completion time? That seems pretty off to me...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolian View Post
    This past week my group finished a Halls 6 and got 2 chests. Our keystone upgraded to a BRH 8, so the game seems to have considered us as having completed a +7. However, the item I got out of the chest this morning was an 865, which according to the table posted over in Wowhead's guide is the loot for a +6. We should have gotten 870 gear instead.

What gives? Does the weekly chest just not care what level keystone you finished, and it only matters what level dungeon you entered and finished, regardless of completion time? That seems pretty off to me...
    You completed a +6 instance and got a +6 loot. And you're confused.. why?
    Hi

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It only matters what level dungeon you entered and finished. You can take 3 hours in a +10 and still get 880 loot in the weekly chest. 2/3 chesting doesn't have any impact on it.

This seems like something that was altered potentially. I logged in this week and was confused as well. I had received a two chest on a Mythic plus 8 thinking it would give me 9 gear from the chest. My entire guild swears I should have received plus 9 gear and I'm pretty sure this has been how it's worked in the past before 7.1 dropped. I put a ticket in so I guess we'll see what happens. Glad I'm not the only person who noticed this happen to them today.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    This seems like something that was altered potentially. I logged in this week and was confused as well. I had received a two chest on a Mythic plus 8 thinking it would give me 9 gear from the chest. My entire guild swears I should have received plus 9 gear and I'm pretty sure this has been how it's worked in the past before 7.1 dropped. I put a ticket in so I guess we'll see what happens. Glad I'm not the only person who noticed this happen to them today.
    It has never worked like that. 2/3 chesting only effects the ilvl of the loot you get at the end of the dungeon. Weekly chest gives you loot based on your highest completed level. Two chesting an 8 is still an 8 even though the end on the dungeon chests give 9 loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Because he completed a plus 6 fast enough to change his key from a 6 to an 8 implying that he finished a 7 as well. That's how getting multiple chests works how it has worked in the past. I know people who couldn't clear a plus 10 but they got a two chest on a really easy 9 dungeon in the past like Maw before it was made harder and received 880 gear in the cache. This week it seems that it was changed for some reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sykke View Post
    It has never worked like that. 2/3 chesting only effects the ilvl of the loot you get at the end of the dungeon. Weekly chest gives you loot based on your highest completed level. Two chesting an 8 isnt the same as doing a 9.
    It definitely has. See my previous post. I KNOW for a fact it has. People in my guild have done it.

Edit for clarification: This was the week when the bosses had 40% extra health and 20% extra damage. Many groups couldn't clear 10 because they couldn't kill the bosses. What one of the groups in my guild did was two chest a plus 9 so they skipped 10 and received 880 gear in their weekly cache. If Blizzard didn't intend this then they must have stealth fixed it. Kinda sucks though cuz I would have liked to know I needed to actually clear a 10 this week.
    Last edited by Hctaz; 2016-11-01 at 07:54 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    From my personal experience and my guildies I or them have never gotten better gear on the weekly chest based on if the highest level dungeon was 2/3 chested. Your guildies may have been very lucky as the ilvls mentioned on Wowhead for example are base ilvls. They have a pretty high chance of proccing war/titanforged.

Not sure what ya'll smoked but here is how it works and has always worked:

Let's say you enter a +6 dungeon, here are the possibilities:

#1: You fail the timer and can't even complete the dungeon: You get a depleted key, no loot from the dungeon and no loot either from your weekly cache.
    #2: You fail the timer but complete the dungeon: You get a depleted key, your group gets 2 M+6 loot from the chest and your weekly cache will give M+6 loot
    #3: You make the 1 chest timer: You get a +7 key, your group gets 2 M+6 loot from the chest and your weekly cache will give M+6 loot
    #4: You make the 2 chest timer: You get a +8 key, your group gets 4 M+6 loot from the chests and your weekly cache will give M+6 loot
    #5: You make the 3 chest timer: You get a +9 key, your group gets 6 M+6 loot from the chests and your weekly cache will give M+6 loot

Weekly cache only give loot for the highest M+ dungeon COMPLETED, may it be beating the timer or not and not the highest KEY OBTAINED. Let's say I've completed a M+6 dungeon with 3 chests and now have a +9 key in my bags, I've still only completed a +6, the game doesn't give a shit that you're owning a +9 key in your bags, gotta complete that shit successfully.

No

Because he completed a plus 6 fast enough to change his key from a 6 to an 8 implying that he finished a 7 as well. That's how getting multiple chests works how it has worked in the past. I know people who couldn't clear a plus 10 but they got a two chest on a really easy 9 dungeon in the past like Maw before it was made harder and received 880 gear in the cache. This week it seems that it was changed for some reason.

- - - Updated - - -

It definitely has. See my previous post. I KNOW for a fact it has. People in my guild have done it.

Edit for clarification: This was the week when the bosses had 40% extra health and 20% extra damage. Many groups couldn't clear 10 because they couldn't kill the bosses. What one of the groups in my guild did was two chest a plus 9 so they skipped 10 and received 880 gear in their weekly cache. If Blizzard didn't intend this then they must have stealth fixed it. Kinda sucks though cuz I would have liked to know I needed to actually clear a 10 this week.
    Lol, you don't KNOW for a fact that it has, because this has not ever been the case in legion.no

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

I can attest that noone in Hctaz's guild would have said this is possible or have achieved such a result. That is because it is impossible, your cache is the highest you complete for the week regardless of how many chests you get. Glad we could clear up this misinformation. Please refrain from mentioning your guild in any other incorrect posts moving forward. Have a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Because it was then impossible for me to run a +7 using that keystone because the game thinks that I had already completed it? And so I thought my weekly chest would be a +7 based chest? L2Read? Or otherwise refrain from responding with worthless comments?

Doing the first week of Mythic +, I did a +2 keystone, got upgraded to a +5, which I never did..
    The weekly chest gave me a +4 item.

Since the second week of Mythic+. I've only gotten the gear for the dungeon level I actually completed, even if my keystone was upgraded by several levels.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

It's been working like this since the first week mythic+ came out. Nothing unusual really. You completed a mythic+6 so you got +6 loot from your chest.

+10: 880 Cache, 865 Loot
    +9 : 875 Cache, 860 Loot
    +8 : 870 Cache, 860 Loot
    +7 : 865 Cache, 855 Loot
    +6 : 860 Cache, 855 Loot

You completed the 7, you got 865 loot. You had an 8 Key, that does not entitle you to 870 loot unless you complete that dungeon.
    Last edited by swiftdeus; 2016-11-01 at 08:22 PM.

Because it was then impossible for me to run a +7 using that keystone because the game thinks that I had already completed it?
    You could still join other people that had a +7 keystone..

I agree that in the first week of mythic+, you might have gotten a +7 item.. but I doubt that was intended, because you never actually completed a +7 dungeon.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Deleted
    Completing a M+10 will give you base of 865 loot at the end of the run but 880 base from your weekly cache.

Quote Originally Posted by swiftdeus View Post
    +10: 880
    +9 : 875
    +8 : 870
    +7 : 865
    +6 : 860

You completed the 7, you got 865 loot. You had an 8 Key, that does not entitle you to 870 loot unless you complete that dungeon.
    No.. your numbers are off.. where excatly did you look this up?
    +6 is ilvl 865 from weekly chest

Quote Originally Posted by Chrus View Post
    No.. your numbers are off.. where excatly did you look this up?
    +6 is ilvl 865 from weekly chest
    Its Logic Friend. 880 top teir -5iLVL for every keystone level below it.

No, the number of chests only affects how many upgrades you get to your keystone. If you run a level 6, you get a level 6 for the week if it's your fastest AND highest level run.