Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    So much misinformation in this thread. It's really really simple. You can finish a mythic+10 dungeon in 3 hours and still get mythic+10 loot from the weekly chest. You can do it with anyones key. It's not bound to your key. You can get a +10 chest without even touching your key. The perk of finishing a +10 in time is getting a +11 and achievement. And the gear you get in the weekly chest is currently capped at +10 so you will never get higher than 880 atm.

So there's literally no point in trying to do higher than +10 unless you want a fun challenge/achievement. For us reasonable people, one m+10/week is the most efficient in terms of chest rewards. For farming mythic+ i would recommend 3-7s.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    The thing is though that skipping a level implies you've done the previous level so well that the system accounts for the fact that you can probably also complete multiple levels in between. If you can't actually finish mythic 10 you shouldn't get punished for two chesting an 8 like I did this week. That's what ass backwards. If you can't handle a Plus 10 with Tyrannical then you've essentially fucked yourself over and you now have to go find a new group with a plus 9 keystone or you only get plus 8 gear.
    The reason this system is in place is to limit the amount of gear getting into peoples hands while rewarding people for speed running.

The system isn't assuming you can do a higher level, it's just rewarding you for doing the dungeon quickly allowing you to get the items from multiple levels in one run which saves time.

If you could 3 chest and only have the key upgraded one level geared groups would for example in 4 dungeons go and 3 chest +6, 7, 8 and 9 on one key giving them 12 chests of rewards whereas the current system would only award them with 6 pieces if they 3 chested the +6 and +9.

The current system creates some level of rarity in keys and avoids excessive ilvl inflation.

If you can't complete a +10 or find a +9 key use your brain and don't do your +8 fast enough to 2 chest and end up with a +10 keystone.

Quote Originally Posted by RestoChango View Post
    The reason this system is in place is to limit the amount of gear getting into peoples hands while rewarding people for speed running.

The system isn't assuming you can do a higher level, it's just rewarding you for doing the dungeon quickly allowing you to get the items from multiple levels in one run which saves time.

If you could 3 chest and only have the key upgraded one level geared groups would for example in 4 dungeons go and 3 chest +6, 7, 8 and 9 on one key giving them 12 chests of rewards whereas the current system would only award them with 6 pieces if they 3 chested the +6 and +9.

The current system creates some level of rarity in keys and avoids excessive ilvl inflation.

If you can't complete a +10 or find a +9 key use your brain and don't do your +8 fast enough to 2 chest and end up with a +10 keystone.
    That doesn't make sense. Blizzard themselves stated they the did not want to punish players for smashing the timer on Mythic plus dungeons. This would force you to sit around and wait until your timer ran out. And no they are assuming that you're good enough to clear the middle difficulty. It's the same system as Diablo. You're able to skip shit based on how well you did.

Deleted
    Most +8/9/10 keys are in wrong hands in general. Most of them are boosted noskillers with no clue what they are doing. I boosted a lot of +7-9 keys today and every single key holder was pure shit. These guys are crying now because the stone is to high boosted and they are not able to to beat the high lvl key by own strength.
    Last edited by mmoc33efe4d836; 2016-11-02 at 03:00 AM.

That doesn't make sense. Blizzard themselves stated they the did not want to punish players for smashing the timer on Mythic plus dungeons. This would force you to sit around and wait until your timer ran out. And no they are assuming that you're good enough to clear the middle difficulty. It's the same system as Diablo. You're able to skip shit based on how well you did.
    They are rewarding you by giving you the gear equivalent to multiple runs in a single run so if you 2 chest it you halve the time you need to spend to get the same amount of loot and if you 3 chest you spend a third of the time. How is that not rewarding?

You only need to do ONE high level dungeon a week for the weekly chest, should blizzard balance the whole mythic+ system around the weekly chest?

10+ Year Old Account
    So to answer the OP,
    The chests are not working as expected, they're working as intended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    that only applies to 3 chesting +7s and 2 chesting +8s as tyrannical/fortified are way harder affixes than the shitty rank 4/7 ones.

Quote Originally Posted by fluttershypony View Post
    that only applies to 3 chesting +7s and 2 chesting +8s as tyrannical/fortified are way harder affixes than the shitty rank 4/7 ones.
    That's fine but I two chested an 8 and received plus 8 gear in my chest. There's no reason why the system should do this for things below levels where you get additional affixes but oh well. This is just how the system works.

This seems like something that was altered potentially. I logged in this week and was confused as well. I had received a two chest on a Mythic plus 8 thinking it would give me 9 gear from the chest. My entire guild swears I should have received plus 9 gear and I'm pretty sure this has been how it's worked in the past before 7.1 dropped. I put a ticket in so I guess we'll see what happens. Glad I'm not the only person who noticed this happen to them today.
    Except you got what you were suppose to. If you click on the chest it says clear a dungeon and beat the timer. When you push "I" you can go to the Mythic Dungeons tab. It'll show your best cleared dungeon with a timer beaten. That dungeon will match whatever +# keystone you used. For instance if you ran a +5 you will get +5 loot. When you finish the dungeon if you beat the timer quick enough it will upgrade to +6 gear, but the keystone used and dungeon you cleared was a +5, not a +6.

Quote Originally Posted by fluttershypony View Post
    Tbh I'd much rather face Tyrannical/Fortified than some of the lower affixes, but yes they are intended to be more deadly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamiel View Post
    Simple question what healer gives you personally the biggest headache in pvp?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobajobjob View Post
    I play a ret paladin, so my answer is this:

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Except you got what you were suppose to. If you click on the chest it says clear a dungeon and beat the timer. When you push "I" you can go to the Mythic Dungeons tab. It'll show your best cleared dungeon with a timer beaten. That dungeon will match whatever +# keystone you used. For instance if you ran a +5 you will get +5 loot. When you finish the dungeon if you beat the timer quick enough it will upgrade to +6 gear, but the keystone used and dungeon you cleared was a +5, not a +6.
    Except you don't have to clear the timer either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolian View Post
    Let's say then that you 3 chest a 7, which incidentally will give you a 10 key, not consider you as having completed a 10 (7 - 1 chest, 8 - 1 chest, 9 - 1 chest). Then your keystone upgrades to a +10 keystone. Your group however isn't good enough to complete a +10, in or out of the timer. So then you are now stuck (presuming no other keys) with getting a 7 chest on Tuesday, because for whatever reason you don't have any other keystones to run. I guess it's fair to say that in this case you shouldn't be allowed to complete a +8 or +9 dungeon for loot at the end of the dungeon since you already got that loot, but it would be nice to have the option to run it for the weekly chest at least.
    yes and this is working as intended

either get gud and finish the +10

or find a group where someone has a +8/+9 key

Class chest always gives me an item of the same ilvl as loot. Did I miss something?

Deleted
    >Tbh I'd much rather face Tyrannical/Fortified than some of the lower affixes, but yes they are intended to be more deadly.

I can't think of an affix worse than tyrannical/fortified, outside of maybe necrotic.

so much misinformation in this thread it hurts my head.

just do +10 an get 880's slackers.