Legendaries and bad luck protection

I've been a long MMO M-C reader, very very new poster, so pardon any mistakes I make or any etiquettes I violate

Concerning legendaries and "bad luck protection"

Is there an actual value regarding the increased chance of getting a legendary each time you miss the opportunity to receive one?

I.e. Legendary has a .001% chance of dropping. Each time a legendary doesn't drop, does your chance go up to .002, and so on and so forth?

Thanks for all of your help!

They have not discussed the mechanism in detail, no. Only some peripheral talk around the edge conditions that cause extra chance to accrue.

I don't know if just me but I would love some clarification or specifics on "bad luck protection".

All we've been told so far is, "it's in game and it works." (Sounds like a certain president-elect)

Oh, ok Blizzard.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think there is one and it works like this: when you kill boss/open box game check how many legendary you have, if it is below 2, you have increased chance. Since 7.1 launch I saw literally a rain of legendaries, there were even threads here if I remember right. Personally I got my first one like week after 7.1 and second one two days later. And nothing since that. So if I'm right, if you got two bad ones, well, you had bad luck with bad luck protection ;P

If the system works like I think, maybe Blizzard will increase "cap" every month or two, so at the end of expansion everyone will get all legendaries in reasonable time. You know, this system was crafted just to keep you playing (and stay sub to game), so they won't really care in late Legion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassysalmon View Post
    I don't know if just me but I would love some clarification or specifics on "bad luck protection".
    All we've been told so far is, "it's in game and it works." (Sounds like a certain president-elect)
    You could always write to wedontcare@blizzard.com

Deleted
    I've been a long MMO M-C reader, very very new poster, so pardon any mistakes I make or any etiquettes I violate

Concerning legendaries and "bad luck protection"

Is there an actual value regarding the increased chance of getting a legendary each time you miss the opportunity to receive one?

I.e. Legendary has a .001% chance of dropping. Each time a legendary doesn't drop, does your chance go up to .002, and so on and so forth?

Thanks for all of your help!
    There are certain statements on the subject made by Blizzard employees. Relationship between them and reality can be preliminarily gauged by recalling other statements Blizzard employees made about the game in the past.

Outliers aside, pretty much everyone in my guild got theirs randomly right around 9 days played at 110. 'Course Blizz is saying you can't just AFK for 9 days and/or that time played doesn't have anything to do with it, so /shrug. But seems by the time you've played enough content to fill 9 days worth of hours, the odds are less astronomical.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Oh, ok Blizzard.
    Yeah why would they tell you how it works? They do not want you farming them. You will get one more more eventually. I have more on my alts that I log into maybe once a week to do WQs than I do on my main. You will get them.

There's a Legendary Megathread for this discussion.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.