View Poll Results: What was your reason for staying or leaving WoD?

Voters
374. This poll is closed
  • Stayed - Content

35 9.36%
  • Stayed - Lore

6 1.60%
  • Stayed - Achievements

20 5.35%
  • Stayed - to get Pathfinder

5 1.34%
  • Stayed - Garrison

22 5.88%
  • Stayed - for multiple reasons (explain below)

65 17.38%
  • Left - Content

85 22.73%
  • Left - Lore

2 0.53%
  • Left - Achievements

0 0%
  • Left - lack of flying

13 3.48%
  • Left - Garrison

18 4.81%
  • Left - for multiple reasons (explain below)

73 19.52%
  • My answer not shown - explain below

30 8.02%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I stayed because I had fun throughout the expansion.

I am one of those players who likes to try out most things in the game. WoD had plenty to do if you were willing to do everything the game had to offer. Unfortunately most people have a far narrower focus and therefore completed their niche activity fairly early and then had nothing to do. Also because my guild is nice and casual we took most of the final patch to clear HFC heroic.

Garrison and almost everything about WoD made me quit. It was a shit expansion to boot, had nice questing but it ended there.

I think the single expansion that hurt WoW the most Was Cataclysm. Even though the "wellfare" times began with WotLK, there was still a very strong story and interesting things to do in the game. When Cataclysm came, it ruined the game as it was because it introduced way too many changes that players didn't like, it ruined stuff people liked, and it didn't include anything to overcome for those faults.

The biggest problem with WoD, was that it seems to not have learned anything from past expansions. Once again, loads of changes into the game, and inevitably they don't work and raids are the one single thing left to do.

I barely touched WoD for that reason. Levelling was great, but once I reached lvl 100, it was confusing to understand gearing, the garrison system made me feel alone in the game, and the World felt empty. And the story sucked as well.

Left mainly because of Garrisons. Entering the class hall and seeing that mission table might be my least favourite part of Legion too but at least it's not as bad.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    SMH at "Left - Lack of flying". If you want to fly, buy a flight simulator. Using FP's and running/ground mounts worked just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    WoD was at the end of the day the expansion I played the least, and I was unsubbed.. twice I think. But I still prefer Tanaan Jungle to Suramar, no joke
    Agreed. I hate Suramar. Not interested in the story, cant stand being unmasked and aggroing an entire zone, graveyard run backs sucked (although better after 7.1, but since I got exalted pre-7.1, I dont go to Suramar except for the emissary meta). Tanaan had some solid content. People tired of it after a year, which is understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    I stayed because I had fun throughout the expansion.

I am one of those players who likes to try out most things in the game. WoD had plenty to do if you were willing to do everything the game had to offer. Unfortunately most people have a far narrower focus and therefore completed their niche activity fairly early and then had nothing to do. Also because my guild is nice and casual we took most of the final patch to clear HFC heroic.
    Me too. I got a lot of achievements in the last few months of WoD, and our guild got all the way to mythic Mannoroth. Not a clear, but, considering we fought the roster boss for much of the expansion, we were quite happy with our progress.

And agreed, there was a bunch to do if you branched out. A lot of people railed against WoD, but, when pressed, they had completed the one thing they liked and now were bored. Well, yes, if you like one thing in a MMO and you're done with it, of course you're gonna be bitchy.
    Last edited by Lyraat; 2016-11-04 at 02:34 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyraat View Post
    SMH at "Left - Lack of flying". If you want to fly, buy a flight simulator. Using FP's and running/ground mounts worked just fine.
    There's always 4 or 5 that just hate walking