[Holy] How much better is Intellect than Mastery?

I got these 880 legs from the mythic weekly cache, currently wearing 855's. The 880's give me a decent Intellect increase but I end up losing about 1,000 Mastery (taking the socket into account on my 855's). Not sure how much better Intellect is than Mastery so please let me know! From what I can tell these are (very unfortunately) a downgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Maester View Post
    I got these 880 legs from the mythic weekly cache, currently wearing 855's. The 880's give me a decent Intellect increase but I end up losing about 1,000 Mastery (taking the socket into account on my 855's). Not sure how much better Intellect is than Mastery so please let me know! From what I can tell these are (very unfortunately) a downgrade.
    Accounting for overheal int = 1 and mastery = ~0.6

Not accounting for overheal (so like an Ursoc fight where Echo doesn't overheal so much) int = 1 and mastery = 0.8

Up to you to choose your preferred model.

I'm semi-hijacking this thread to add a question about stat weights if it's ok?

Thing is, I've been focusing mostly on mastery, sitting on like 27% crit and 44% mastery... Yesterday I installed Pawn, and it kinda wanted me to replace 4-5 pieces I had in my bags, putting me on 32% crit and 39% mastery!

Is that really correct or is the default Pawn-string fubar? I mean, I'm a bit where OP is, scared to drop too much mastery,, but then again, perhaps it only gives overheals anyway so its better to get some crit + haste/vesatility for our awesomely-fun-FH-spamming? :/

Puzzled! How to you guys gear and weight mastery compared to the other stats?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    I'm semi-hijacking this thread to add a question about stat weights if it's ok?

Thing is, I've been focusing mostly on mastery, sitting on like 27% crit and 44% mastery... Yesterday I installed Pawn, and it kinda wanted me to replace 4-5 pieces I had in my bags, putting me on 32% crit and 39% mastery!

Is that really correct or is the default Pawn-string fubar? I mean, I'm a bit where OP is, scared to drop too much mastery,, but then again, perhaps it only gives overheals anyway so its better to get some crit + haste/vesatility for our awesomely-fun-FH-spamming? :/

Puzzled! How to you guys gear and weight mastery compared to the other stats?
    There are no set in stone weights for healers. We just don't work that way. There's overheal and healer composition for raids and different tanks all to take into account.

The overheal/mana considering model puts crit and mastery roughly even. The pure math model (the Ursoc fight mentioned above) puts mastery well ahead. Neither one is 100% correct.

The practical data from warcraftlogs says you can't go wrong with Mastery/Crit. I think that's the important thing to take away.