Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    The only issue we've really faced with necrotic is on bosses and finding time to drop stacks, some bosses is pretty damn hard/not possible to get away for enough time to do so.

Having someone in your party that can taunt and tank until the debuff wears off the MT is the best way and pretty much the best class/spec at this is resto druid. As a BM hunter i went into M+ thinking, ah my pet can just taunt pop 50% dmg reduction for 12 seconds and let the stacks drop off the MT. Nope, bosses immune to pet taunts
    that turns it into a dps check / gear check - even on a necrotic week, blood dk's been through +15 already.

The point is, just like how mythic 7/7 EN isn't still cleared for the most , mythic+ shouldn't either.

the 5m content should feel alive, so its good that there are annoying affix. simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna pls View Post
    it's an alt, picture should show what i main (balance druid) - hmm interesting.

Yeah which is why Paladins are the worst at it. - i would say that guardians + death knights are above others.

than it would be too easy? thats the point - i don't want mythic+ to be ruined, im thinking of quitting raiding for it. 5m content is love.
    For someone that pretends to be an experienced tank, blood tank even to not know that blood has IBF now. That speaks volume about the worth of your input

How in any way is a paladin worse than a DK? They have active mitigation that doesn't get removed by the slightest breeze.
    They have superior cds for dealing with physical attackers, which are what applies the necrotic debuff. Lay on Hand for a full heal, Divine shield to drop stacks on demand that doesn't require you to "get legendary cloak and say whats necrotic".

Do you even do Mythic + above 6, honestly it seems like you have absolutely zero idea about whats going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    necrotic should only reduce healing taken from other sources to make it balanced
    Guardian's self heal is super strong, especially with the legendary boots which buffs it. That change would make us actually OP. The real reason guardians are strong is because we spec into kiting and just kite all week long.

Quote Originally Posted by Apanonar View Post
    We actually got it back in 7.1

And blood DK's are still shit even when getting that

15+ Year Old Account
    Some affixes are more annoying than others for certain classes. With stuns, moonkin trees and/or kiting it's pretty doable.

From my personal perspective Tyrannical is much more painfull - some bosses are beyond rificulous with one shotting people (with unavoidable damage)

Deleted
    that turns it into a dps check / gear check - even on a necrotic week, blood dk's been through +15 already.

The point is, just like how mythic 7/7 EN isn't still cleared for the most , mythic+ shouldn't either.

the 5m content should feel alive, so its good that there are annoying affix. simple as that.
    Didn't say i had an problem with it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    Some affixes are more annoying than others for certain classes. With stuns, moonkin trees and/or kiting it's pretty doable.

From my personal perspective Tyrannical is much more painfull - some bosses are beyond rificulous with one shotting people (with unavoidable damage)
    DT yaaay spent 4 hours first time we did a +10 ever. was hilarious.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't say i had an problem with it?
    Where on the quote which you are replying to are you reading that it says you've a problem with it. seriously if you need tissues don't come to me with them if you take every word personal...

Time for Survival Hunters to shine, kite mobs through the ice/slick!

Deleted
    DT yaaay spent 4 hours first time we did a +10 ever. was hilarious.

- - - Updated - - -

Where on the quote which you are replying to are you reading that it says you've a problem with it. seriously if you need tissues don't come to me with them if you take every word personal...
    Not even sure why you quoted me to start with. Calm down son.

Deleted
    Not even sure why you quoted me to start with. Calm down son.
    calm down? that proves my point even furthere xD - i stated a fact. again don't take shit seriously yo.

Face tanking stuff to over 20 stacks= fail. Keeping your tank alive on necrotic is a GROUP effort. Use stuns, use knockbacks, use slows and even the slowest of tanks can have it drop in time if done properly. If you can't kite it and you know you can't (and you should know by now considering how long mythic plus has been out) get your group to use dps pots/cd's and nuke them to hell. Play smart and necrotic isn't that bad at all.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    This affix is ridiculous. Everytime this affix comes out even the higher tier players are avoiding 7+ keys if possible unless its MoS. The thing that is most annoying too is you have elitist that are most likely DPS players that will say "na its ezpz i did +10 first day" not seeing the healer/tanks PoV of us breaking our backs to deal with this debuff going oom after every single pack. Can't even heal anyone else because you have to constantly spam heals on the tank so when someone dies because you literally can't heal them or the tank will die it irritates the hell out of me.

I think the concept of it is great but it should have some sort of cap or a slower stack rate having the tank run around like a clown is not a good playstyle and i can't imagine how casual players are handling this shit
    It's strong if you compare it with other affixes but it's not that big of an issue even if as a tank you rely a lot on self healing. As a DK you can use AMS to drop stacks quite easily if you 1. parry a lot 2. someone pops an aoe stun/pushback/vortex/treants/some other utility and you kite away for a bit and voila, no more necrotic stacks. Saying that blood isn't viable because you can't deal with the affix doesn't make it true.

even the higher tier players are avoiding 7+ keys Citation needed

not seeing the healer/tanks PoV of us breaking our backs As a healer all you have to do is heal as per usual whiloe helping the tank drop stacks where applicable i.e. typhoon/ vortex for resto. As a tank you need to pull back from the mobs when they are stunned or slowed so you can reset your stacks. Not a difficult concept.

Can't even heal anyone else because you have to constantly spam heals on the tank If this ever happens it's most likely because of these reasons 1. the tank is utter shit 2. the tank is undergeared 3. you pulled way too much. You don't deal with necrotic by letting the tank get a million stacks and spam healing, you reset your stacks.

I think the concept of it is great but it should have some sort of cap or a slower stack rate having the tank run around like a clown is not a good playstyle and i can't imagine how casual players are handling this shit

If it has a cap that encourages people to just ignore it and just have the healer have to cover the extra healing needed. A slower stack rate is going to make it trivial as the stacks will 1. end up resetting due to just avoidance 2. will never get at a point where you need to bother with it. Because you don't like what you need to do in order to drop the stacks(kite) doesn't mean that it's bad for the game or that it should be removed. As for casual players they deal with it the same way as everyone else - kite the mobs or at least try to.

Deleted
    Necrotic/raging is ok, but necrotic/teeming is bullshit. There are packs that literally give you -150% healing (+DoT) if you tank for more than 2 seconds, at which point the only valid solution is to either have an extremely stacked group for AoE stuns and damage or (like my group) have your tank kite and reset however often movement speed CDs and immunities (i.e. paladin bubble) are up.

People saying "it's doable" are completely missing the point. Not only is the mechanic complete anti-fun to deal with, it's just horrendously imbalanced compared to every other affix before level 10. The amount of time wasted specifically to deal with this mechanic (losing out on tank DPS because he has to reset, standing there with your thumb up your ass for stacks to reset in between packs), and how much harder tanking and healing m+ becomes just because of this mechanic, is unarguably disproportional for a +7 affix.

Simply take a look at any of the other +7 affixes and you'll realize that they are either irrelevant (overflowing, why was this changed from the perma DoT?) or add a minor increase to the amount of attention you need to pay to what you're doing (volcanic and skittish). Necrotic/raging is already imbalanced compared to the other 4+7 affix combinations, but combining necrotic with teeming arbitrarily makes that week multitudes harder than the rest.

If blizzard had any sense, Necrotic would be a level 10 affix. Rotate between volcanic/overflowing/skittish for level 7, and necrotic/fortified/tyrannical on level 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Magition View Post
    The tank needs to learn to kite
    Pro advice when only a few tank specs can reliably kite. Thumbs up.

In reality most tanks are 100% reliant on their group to help support them and keep their stacks low/reset when needed.

Brewmasters can literally laugh at necrotic though, keg smash, roll, exploding keg and leg sweep. People seriously overlook them if they think bears are better for it. Pretty much the affix where brewmaster becomes top tier.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-11-02 at 09:24 AM.

Necrotic is clearly the most difficult and at a certain level becomes a wall. I like the idea of it as an affix, but I also don't like how its actually affected the game. basically this week no one is going to push higher levels, or try to set a new record for themselves. why would you? way more effort than last week for less reward. I think the system needs to be tweeked. If there gonna go diablo on us, might as well go all the way. have every dungeon have a variety of affixed mobs in them. maybe some difficult packs with necrotic thrown in, etc. it would be more fun, too, for each pack to be a different scenario. and it could be randomized each dungeon which packs get which affixes, with some tuning of course to make sure nothing too impossible occurs. right now mythic+ is in a weird spot where its half old school wow but a few cherry picked diablo mechanics and when you compare necrotic to any other affix, it just feels off.

the other idea is to have certain affixes like necrotic only kick in above a certain level, say 10+. and have the affixes be SET, as you move up you get more affixes/more difficult ones. right now you just get 1 for 4 and below and 2 above that. having each week be random like this is a very odd system. id love to see the metrics on how many mythic + are completed this week and on what levels and compare to last. prolly a third at best with the graph curving towards 0 above 8 for 98+ percent of players. I completed an 8 earlier tonight and it was pretty lame. the gauntlet in brh with necrotic is gg. just too many stacks too quickly.

Deleted
    A lot of people seem to comment beside the point. Which was that this affix is ridiculous (compared to the other options). The gap between this is some other options is just to big.

I myself play prot warrior and prot pala (warrior main)

What does Necrotic mean. Small pulls having to kite etc. Meaning much slower clear times.
    The other options at +7.
    Volcanic - Ranged have to move (meaning as tank, keep in mind healer has to move/cancel cast, but generally 0 f given)
    Overflowing - Healers shouldnt overheal (meaning as tank, pull bigger? 1 way to make sure they can't overheal but generally 0 f given)
    Skittish - No experience yet on EU (still have to see today) But prob, dps start after adds are grouped (as prot warr i can aoe burst over 1m dps and double stun if they would run away. Worst case little smaller pulls.

That are the +7 options. By far necrotic is the worst.
    My problems i find is.
    - Small adds applying it which i dont even would count as trash. (Example NL, First scorpion/Elemental being surrounded by little shitters that give you 20 stacks if they hit you twice each)
    - Some tanks get hurt way to much. Necrotic week ill do 1 high key and then gear my pala that week even tho my warr is my main (but at 880+ on that it can skip doing it for gear). Selfhealing being a part of mitigation getting nerfed is just bad while pala SotR doesnt get affected and has hard reset through bubble.

So to fix, 'balance' it more compared to the other options. Either small adds dont apply it at all, or have it that you can max get only 1 or 2 stacks a second orso. And to fix the other point (partially) 'exclude' selfhealing. As in its now -3% healing/absorb a stack, make it -3% healing/absorb a stack for external healing and like -1% for selfhealing to prevent tanks to just selfheal almost everything and ignoring it at all (warr/dk/dh)

Also lets be honest here, yes necrotic is doable but is it fun? For me, ill take a break almost of doing dungeons that week. No proper AoE, also for dps'ers aka no big numbers. As warr tank my boss dmg is lower.
    My AoE makes up for it, but try using revenge when you have to kite, the only ranged ability i got is heroic trow/ravager. Pala still has blessed hammer/consecration (which if you kite they run through) + AS.
    So necrotic makes the dungeon slow and prevent me as tank to actually proper fight, run away like a b. is not a fun playstyle. I wanne leap into fight, battle cry and go ham. Necrotic is the worst for me, and bolstering prob the second worst.

Necrotic and raging are my favorite affixes(especially when they are together), as people suddenly start to learn to use their utility not just pumping damage and healing. Seeing DPSers fail the lantern guy in MoS when its raging affix(aka not timing the dmg CDs for the last 30% of the mobs health) is as bad as tanks who dont know how to effectively kite.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    This affix is ridiculous. Everytime this affix comes out even the higher tier players are avoiding 7+ keys if possible unless its MoS. The thing that is most annoying too is you have elitist that are most likely DPS players that will say "na its ezpz i did +10 first day" not seeing the healer/tanks PoV of us breaking our backs to deal with this debuff going oom after every single pack. Can't even heal anyone else because you have to constantly spam heals on the tank so when someone dies because you literally can't heal them or the tank will die it irritates the hell out of me.

I think Blizzard have said before, that they expect people to use different tools depending on the different affixes. Necrotic requires kiting and short tank sessions, and while i do agree that it is broken in some situations, especially boss fights with adds, then it is something which can be build around. Instead of taking a dmg increase or dmg taken CD, then you should take the speed increase, the knockback and the aoe stun. Necrotic does not make the adds stronger really, only more dangerous.

So yeah, put up boomkin druids, shadow priests, survival hunters with slows and every other class, which can keep targets back/rooted. Some classes are always gonna be better then others in specific situations and necrotic makes people with crowd control alot stronger then just pure dmg dealers (fire mages).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polini View Post
    A lot of people seem to comment beside the point. Which was that this affix is ridiculous (compared to the other options). The gap between this is some other options is just to big.

I myself play prot warrior and prot pala (warrior main)

What does Necrotic mean. Small pulls having to kite etc. Meaning much slower clear times.
    The other options at +7.
    Volcanic - Ranged have to move (meaning as tank, keep in mind healer has to move/cancel cast, but generally 0 f given)
    Overflowing - Healers shouldnt overheal (meaning as tank, pull bigger? 1 way to make sure they can't overheal but generally 0 f given)
    Skittish - No experience yet on EU (still have to see today) But prob, dps start after adds are grouped (as prot warr i can aoe burst over 1m dps and double stun if they would run away. Worst case little smaller pulls.

That are the +7 options. By far necrotic is the worst.
    My problems i find is.
    - Small adds applying it which i dont even would count as trash. (Example NL, First scorpion/Elemental being surrounded by little shitters that give you 20 stacks if they hit you twice each)
    - Some tanks get hurt way to much. Necrotic week ill do 1 high key and then gear my pala that week even tho my warr is my main (but at 880+ on that it can skip doing it for gear). Selfhealing being a part of mitigation getting nerfed is just bad while pala SotR doesnt get affected and has hard reset through bubble.

So to fix, 'balance' it more compared to the other options. Either small adds dont apply it at all, or have it that you can max get only 1 or 2 stacks a second orso. And to fix the other point (partially) 'exclude' selfhealing. As in its now -3% healing/absorb a stack, make it -3% healing/absorb a stack for external healing and like -1% for selfhealing to prevent tanks to just selfheal almost everything and ignoring it at all (warr/dk/dh)

Also lets be honest here, yes necrotic is doable but is it fun? For me, ill take a break almost of doing dungeons that week. No proper AoE, also for dps'ers aka no big numbers. As warr tank my boss dmg is lower.
    My AoE makes up for it, but try using revenge when you have to kite, the only ranged ability i got is heroic trow/ravager. Pala still has blessed hammer/consecration (which if you kite they run through) + AS.
    So necrotic makes the dungeon slow and prevent me as tank to actually proper fight, run away like a b. is not a fun playstyle. I wanne leap into fight, battle cry and go ham. Necrotic is the worst for me, and bolstering prob the second worst.
    I would disagree with your ranking of the affixes. Volcanic is by far the worst 7+ affix in my opnion, because its randomess is deadly. You can calculate necrotic and work around it, but if you make a few mistakes of movement on higher +++ then you are dead with volcanic.

But all in all, all the affixes are pretty bad to deal with, so i would not say that there is a huge differece between the later affixes.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NotAddicted View Post
    If blizzard had any sense, Necrotic would be a level 10 affix. Rotate between volcanic/overflowing/skittish for level 7, and necrotic/fortified/tyrannical on level 10.
    Necrotic as a lvl10 affix would be miles easier than the other 2 so it would need to get heavily buffed before that's even remotely possible.

whatever you think of the gameplay in necrotic instances, it's pretty clearly more challenging/slower to deal with than any of the other +7 affixes (especially this week, with how it interacts with teeming.)

I kinda just think it needs redesigned; at the very least they should decouple it from teeming.