Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    lol people crying because an affix is actually making the game harder for them. Less QQ, this game is carebear enough as it is.

I don't know why there is an expectation that you should be able to clear +10 every week in PUGs. Yes, necrotic is bad - we get it. Yes, it affects different tanks differently, and perhaps to a much greater extent than other affixes do, but so what? Step up to the challenge if you're up for it, or sit one week out if you are not.

I see a lot of 880-885 ilvl people who have Mythic 3-Mythic 6 items titanforged to extreme levels. You don't need to farm 7+ to be geared out of the ass - 3 chest your +3 to +5s, and roll in the titanforged gear.

Deleted
    I hate necrotic by far the most. I am a DH tank and it wasnt difficult by any means, just really really boring. A gimmick for a boss or two, sure, kiting can be fun but for a whole week for every big pull and boss it is as boring and mindless as it gets, for me as a DH at least. On top of that not being able to heal myself it doesnt feel like like nothing else than losing a part of my kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna pls View Post
    it's an alt, picture should show what i main (balance druid) - hmm interesting.

Yeah which is why Paladins are the worst at it. - i would say that guardians + death knights are above others.

than it would be too easy? thats the point - i don't want mythic+ to be ruined, im thinking of quitting raiding for it. 5m content is love.
    You did just say a few posts up you gave up on your druid because blood was so fun. It's okay spin the story whatever way you need to so you can stand up on your pedestal.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Necrotic is annoying when your DPS is low. Otherwise things can die at a decent time for you to not even have to worry about your stacks all the time.

I do think it should only last 8 seconds though.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Generally more, the reason is we already had necrotic week 2 - as Necro/Raging/Fortified (hardest comp) no less. Dealing with necro again is just annoying but nothing new.

US had a much easier start, so it's 'new' to them to see the difficult affix combos hence complaints.
    Untrue, this isn't the first time NA has had necrotic.

NA had an easier week one, that's about it.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2016-11-03 at 07:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    You did just say a few posts up you gave up on your druid because blood was so fun. It's okay spin the story whatever way you need to so you can stand up on your pedestal.
    Or some people who just can't think out of the box - I gave up on mythic+ with druid cuz tanking them as blood dk is fun - and for your information, last sunday is when the dk hit 110.

on main right now which is 881 - i simple just do a lvl 10 key weekly - done, then its just pve focus.

while on my freedays its just my blood dk.

since blood dk is an alt - i don't read much on it.

do i really have to fking say every single detail before someone will understand the logic behind it? step up it's an alt - so its an alt.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Necrotic would be fine if they just adjusted a couple things. Bats in BRH don't bolster, why should they apply necrotic? Imps in VoW don't bolster, why should they apply necrotic?

The bats in BRH are probably the worst offender, other than that, necrotic is simply there to enforce kiting and/or pulling smaller packs (which other affixes cause you to do as well). Most bosses aren't too bad with necrotic, save the second boss in VoW.

My only issue with necrotic is the dot component. If they just removed that and at least removed the ability for the bats in BRH to apply necrotic, it would probably be a far more balanced affix. That said I prefer this round of necrotic over it being paired with raging.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    My only issue with necrotic is the dot component. If they just removed that and at least removed the ability for the bats in BRH to apply necrotic, it would probably be a far more balanced affix.
    They did a QoL change to monk tanks for stagger to drop off faster when out of combat, they could do the same with necrotic. Having to kite when the mobs don't die fast enough is something you have to deal with if group has low dps or you're doing high m+, having to chain stun them to reset stacks mid pack is a test of coordination. But what does the "take 8 sec break between every trash pull" accomplish except 1) boredom 2) wasting the timer.

Well someone would say "but then nelf tanks would have advantage since they can drop combat", well I'm pretty sure many classes and races can cheese some small stuff here and there (having extra interrupt or cc breaker or cleanse) and I didn't say "drop necrotic immediately if you vanish", monk stagger decays over 3 seconds or so when out of combat if I remember correctly, but at least it's less than 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Untrue, this isn't the first time NA has had necrotic.

NA had an easier week one, that's about it.
    We didn't even have necrotic week 1, and week 2 you had the absolute easiest affixes vs eu having hardest
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

With only 5 people, hardest and easiest are going to vary greatly amongst different groups. Give me and my guild sanguine/volcanic/fortified every week please. By far the easiest we've done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    We didn't even have necrotic week 1, and week 2 you had the absolute easiest affixes vs eu having hardest
    Wow so you spent time responding without actually reading what I said.

Good job old chap.

Deleted
    Or some people who just can't think out of the box - I gave up on mythic+ with druid cuz tanking them as blood dk is fun - and for your information, last sunday is when the dk hit 110.

on main right now which is 881 - i simple just do a lvl 10 key weekly - done, then its just pve focus.

do i really have to fking say every single detail before someone will understand the logic behind it? step up it's an alt - so its an alt.
    Its fine that you play your blood dk as an alt. That doesnt change that your original statements where wrong. Also its very hard to take your seriously when you rage like that all the time.

Guardian druids are factually better at higher mythic plus dungeons then blood dk's are. Its basicly because they mitigate a lot more damage then the blood dk does, who heals it back up. Meaning a guardian can take larger hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    With only 5 people, hardest and easiest are going to vary greatly amongst different groups. Give me and my guild sanguine/volcanic/fortified every week please. By far the easiest we've done.
    I doubt any group of 5 would mind sanguine/volcanic/fortified lol.

Some of the combo's are just faceroll compared to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    I doubt any group of 5 would mind sanguine/volcanic/fortified lol.

Some of the combo's are just faceroll compared to others.
    Well, yes, but I've seen people say other affixes are easier than that one. For me and my guild at least nothing is easier than that.

As for this week's affixes: yes necrotic id say is much harder than the other +7 affixes. And this week is one of the roughest in pugs.

For guild groups I think it'll depend. While on paper it's very hard, in many/most cases the difficulty is near solely on the tank. Other affixes like bolstering require a lot more coordination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Well, yes, but I've seen people say other affixes are easier than that one. For me and my guild at least nothing is easier than that.

As for this week's affixes: yes necrotic id say is much harder than the other +7 affixes. And this week is one of the roughest in pugs.

For guild groups I think it'll depend. While on paper it's very hard, in many/most cases the difficulty is near solely on the tank. Other affixes like bolstering require a lot more coordination.
    Sanquine overflowing tyrannical is on par with that one, it entirely comes down to what dungeon at that stage imo.

Sorry for thinking you meant what you wrote, what was I or anybody else thinking.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by CaptnTorpedo View Post
    Yeah, Necrotic is a pain in the ass on some bosses (fucking spiderboss in Arcway) ".
    you know if you can drop stacks on that boss really easily since it always TPs away

Deleted
    The affix isnt that difficult to deal with its just that kiting for an entire week can become incredibly boring.

Instead of actuely tanking shit youre just running around like a headless chicken.

Necrotic was f'ing awful to deal with this week, in large part because it was paired with Teeming. I get that it means the tank has to kite, and in theory it's doable, but realistically in practice with a Teeming affix it means the stacks ramp up super fast on the tank and they're just spending a lot of time trying to run away. Add to that certain mobs which are not stunnable and it's a mess.

And it's pretty horrible on certain bosses as well. Did VotW 7, and Inquisitor was ugly. While the debuff dropped after each teleport, it restacked so fast with all the adds that the tank was back up at 25+ before the adds died, and that boss runs stupid fast so there's no way the tank was able to kite it. He died with the first set of adds, died with the second set of adds after a brez, and then I healed the ret pally for the last 15% or so of the boss' life. It was fugly.