Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Skittish is stronger imho. Necrotic can atleast be countered by playing correctly. While Skittish is a big "fuck you for playing melee" punch in your face.

Next week is easymode though. Sanguine + Overflowing and Tyrannical. <3

But the week after is like a even bigger "fuck you for playing melee" combo. TEEMING + SKITTISH + FORTIFIED (YOU SERIOUS BLIZZ?)
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2016-11-07 at 08:06 PM.

Bring more eleshamans 2 ele shaman dps to drop earthquakes and a strong single target like a kitty and you'll breeze through it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Skittish is stronger imho. Necrotic can atleast be countered by playing correctly. While Skittish is a big "fuck you for playing melee" punch in your face.

Next week is easymode though. Sanguine + Overflowing and Tyrannical. <3

But the week after is like a even bigger "fuck you for playing melee" combo. TEEMING + SKITTISH + FORTIFIED (YOU SERIOUS BLIZZ?)
    Im personally just going to complete a +10 when the teeming + skittish arrives, and be done for the week. No reward is worth the pain that week imo.

Deleted
    I dont mind the difficulty, but i do mind the major alteration of gameplay. I didnt roll a tank to kite mobs, i didnt gear my tank with the best armor and stam item to kite, i didnt pick the right talent for optimal dps or survivability to end up only using blink. Its not fun

Deleted
    necrotic is the most time consuming affix. This is the worst you can get for mass pulling packs. this is why the good pugs are avoiding this affix as well. Even bolstering is easier to handle with mass pulling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

In reality most tanks are 100% reliant on their group to help support them and keep their stacks low/reset when needed.
    Oh noes team member relying on each others to progress. What a fucking nonsense isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolian View Post
    Necrotic was f'ing awful to deal with this week, in large part because it was paired with Teeming. I get that it means the tank has to kite, and in theory it's doable, but realistically in practice with a Teeming affix it means the stacks ramp up super fast on the tank and they're just spending a lot of time trying to run away. Add to that certain mobs which are not stunnable and it's a mess.

And it's pretty horrible on certain bosses as well. Did VotW 7, and Inquisitor was ugly. While the debuff dropped after each teleport, it restacked so fast with all the adds that the tank was back up at 25+ before the adds died, and that boss runs stupid fast so there's no way the tank was able to kite it. He died with the first set of adds, died with the second set of adds after a brez, and then I healed the ret pally for the last 15% or so of the boss' life. It was fugly.
    You could just stand near the door and win.
    My FC is 1177 - 6552 - 9842 PM with yours if you add.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    i also find kiting half of the trash in higher m+ not really that enganging
    Engaging... as in keeps you engaged? How could it not be?

Necrotic + Teeming is probably the toughest combination currently possible, but I found it a good challenge. Led me to re-spec and use some talents I normally don't. Really challenged me to work on pacing. I missed one timer by pulling too fast, another by pulling too slow. Two-chested a +8 toward the end of the week and felt really good about it. Got rave compliments from the rogue who had the key afterwards. The bigger the challenge, the more satisfying the success.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gilthresa View Post
    Yes! Tanking him at the door works wonders in that fight! Takes it from out-of-control to EZ mode.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vindro View Post
    I dont mind the difficulty, but i do mind the major alteration of gameplay. I didnt roll a tank to kite mobs, i didnt gear my tank with the best armor and stam item to kite, i didnt pick the right talent for optimal dps or survivability to end up only using blink. Its not fun
    ???? Kiting is part of your toolkit. I find it quite fun and an interesting challenge.

"I demand to be able to stand still and focus on my rotation!" ~ is just another way to limit yourself. Even for a pocket passer, scrambling is part of a QBs job.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gilthresa View Post
    That's what we try to do, but a) frequently the caster mobs get to the top of the stairs and stop and b) the Mogu rock thrower guys ignore little things like line of sight and just chain tag you through the walls with their ranged ability so you have to go down to them every time he chooses that quadrant.

Tried +10 EoA last night...all 3 dps around 320k on last boss two minutes into fight and still couldn't kill it.

Deleted
    any tips for pala kite i remember doing necro a while ago, now i just completely stay out of 7 and higher, missing weekly chest also which i do each week on 10.
    Already have the slow cons talent, and i guess both horsy talents are needed also.
    Skipping low lvl ones too, because why do them when full arti.
    Last edited by mmoca999bf711a; 2016-11-28 at 11:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draainaai View Post
    any tips for pala kite i remember doing necro a while ago, now i just completely stay out of 7 and higher, missing weekly chest also which i do each week on 10.
    Already have the slow cons talent, and i guess both horsy talents are needed also.
    I used the Blessing of Spellwarding as well. It doesn't get rid of your stacks, but they cannot apply any more of them while it is active. Which is pretty useful. But you'll need at least some kind of AoE Slow/Stun in your group. Other than that the Slow-Consecration is not enough (at least it wasn't enough for me).
    The hardest packs were the ones with a lot of small shit hitting you a lot. Like the Spiders/Bats in Black Rook or the small thingies at the start of Neltharion.

What I learned was just one thing with Necrotic pretty early on: It's better to stay save than trying to facetank everything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 420rogue View Post
    Tried +10 EoA last night...all 3 dps around 320k on last boss two minutes into fight and still couldn't kill it.
    Sounds like your group didnt have good enough dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vonNyberg View Post
    Sounds like your group didnt have good enough dps.
    its without tyrannical ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vjnzen View Post
    I used the Blessing of Spellwarding as well. It doesn't get rid of your stacks, but they cannot apply any more of them while it is active. Which is pretty useful. But you'll need at least some kind of AoE Slow/Stun in your group. Other than that the Slow-Consecration is not enough (at least it wasn't enough for me).
    The hardest packs were the ones with a lot of small shit hitting you a lot. Like the Spiders/Bats in Black Rook or the small thingies at the start of Neltharion.

What I learned was just one thing with Necrotic pretty early on: It's better to stay save than trying to facetank everything.
    The 'hardest packs' are what you use spellwarding for. Just pop it on the pull; aoe it down fast, and it's like necrotic doesn't even exist. For the BHR hallway, either skip it all or pull the first 3 down the stairs and kill it away from the bats, then do the last 3 at the boss also away from the bats. The last 3 mobs (and their bats) shouldn't even melee you after you get to the boss, since consecration slow is more than enough to kite them... maybe not forever, but usually until they die, unless your DPS is nonexistant, and even in that case it's more than enough time to reset stacks.

Imo., the best way to deal with necrotic isn't to play safe, but to play even more recklessly than normal. Necrotic is an affix that punishes you for moving slowly; you counter it by moving fast. Well, before fortified anyway. I guess you can do it after +10 as well if your group's dps is really good, but I'm not doing that shit in pugs. You can do all the other reckless stuff in pugs, though. Most DPS these days are able to aoe down a non-fortified pack before you get so many stacks that it kills you, assuming you plan all your cooldown usage appropriately. Honestly, necrotic is really easy to handle as prot pala. It seems way harder on druids or warriors, the usually supreme tanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Necrotic is one of the easier affixes to deal with if the tank knows how to play his class properly.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Necrotic is one of the easier affixes to deal with if the tank knows how to play his class properly.
    That goes for the whole group tbh. As a guardian I have plenty of tools to reset my stacks alone most of the time, but a 4-5 sec mass stun or a vortex from party members means I barely have to do anything. The whole group benefits from it since I don't have to kite and can keep doing damage.

I like most affixes but damn pugging really puts all the extra difficulty on the tank and kinda the healer.

Deleted
    Sanquine overflowing tyrannical is on par with that one, it entirely comes down to what dungeon at that stage imo.
    these are by far the easiest affixes you can get. at these affixes so many pugs were able to do +10-15 in time or even 3chest 10/11/12. Try this with necro or skittish.
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2016-11-29 at 03:37 PM.

Deleted
    I been in MoS 10 last week and it was easy , This week with Necrotic 15 wipes with a similar group , looks way too hard

Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    The thing that is most annoying too is you have elitist that are most likely DPS players that will say "na its ezpz i did +10 first day"
    With current gear it is ezpz, did timed +15 NL 2 days ago, took 3 attempts past first boss.