Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    One thing leads to another, but yea I admit I didn't read it right. Thanks for pointing that out

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    No, they just throw 'pristine' topic as a distraction from 'legacy' to just buy some more time before Legion. Game was in pretty bad shape with no updates in upcoming months, when whole Nolstarius thing blew up. I bet they wouldn't even touch Nolstarius in the first place if they knew how big shitstorm it will create.

Quote Originally Posted by imunreal View Post
    Sounds just like vanilla levelling to me! The time sink and grind was the only thing difficult tho...
    Sounds nothing like it. Just a massive time sink with no difficulty. Vanilla levelling had some form of difficulty and penalised you if you made an error. Today you can make errors while levelling and get away with it. I've done 1-100 without Heirlooms in current WoW and it ain't difficult at all just a pain in the ass time consuming bore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    It saddens me that pristine servers have to be connected to the legacy discussion.
    Blizzard made that connection. They said, that Legacy is very very unlikely to be a project, they would do, but they might be able to do a pristine server with some leveling adjustments.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Sounds nothing like it. Just a massive time sink with no difficulty. Vanilla levelling had some form of difficulty and penalised you if you made an error. Today you can make errors while levelling and get away with it. I've done 1-100 without Heirlooms in current WoW and it ain't difficult at all just a pain in the ass time consuming bore.
    Lol wait, are you saying vanilla wow was difficult to level, as in the gameplay was difficult?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Pristine realms are a terrible idea. Neither the pro or anti legacy realmers get what they want and blizzard wastes their time on a feature that'll probably never be used.

Quote Originally Posted by imunreal View Post
    Lol wait, are you saying vanilla wow was difficult to level, as in the gameplay was difficult?
    If you made a mistake then you felt it. Pulled a couple extra Murlocs in Elwynn? Well shit. I pulled a fuckton in that camp on my retail toon that I did it with and nope they all just hit the floor. My point is if they introduce pristine mob hp and damage will need tuning to provide a difficult levelling experience along with "if you fuck up you are gonna feel it" mentality.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-02 at 04:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure it was mentioned sometime in the last few weeks that nothing related to pristine or legacy servers will be at blizzcon.

Pristine is an utter joke honestly, from what they said originally about the concept is that it's a server where you can't use exp boosts, or heirlooms to level, which you can already do yourself.

The only way i can see them putting out Legacy/Pristine servers, if it had a higher sub cost and the tokens didn't work for it.

I am fairly certain they already regretted talking about pristine servers. They probably still cost quite an effort to implement, they don't really appease the vanilla server crowd, and I hardly believe they will attract casuals nor high end players, apart from the "look I did [whatever] world first".

You don't expect them to actually do it, do you?

I hope not. I wish the entire idea of that would just die.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you (finally) reach "maximum" level without XP buffs. And then what? Resume playing Legion the way it's meant to be played at end-game?
    Nobody's stopping you from not using heirlooms.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Basically current wow with no heirlooms or xp buffs like potions. They mentioned no increase in difficulty of actual levelling so it would just be current WoW with still piss easy levelling it would just take more time. The moment they mentioned the idea it was negatively received.
    You forgot the most important part, the part those legacy zealots find so very important: no crz, no server merging or hopping and no queueable content. This makes it a closeknit community per server. Or at least, that is the idea. Back to classic, because that was so fantastic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    You forgot the most important part, the part those legacy zealots find so very important: no crz, no server merging or hopping and no queueable content. This makes it a closeknit community per server. Or at least, that is the idea. Back to classic, because that was so fantastic.
    Trying to get a group together for 50 minutes only to have someone drop within 2 minutes of getting what would've been your final member. That was hellish tbh. I don't understand why people would want that back at all... Or why the illegal private classic servers were so popular, the game honestly was very unrefined back then with only 1 usable spec per class most of the time.

If you made a mistake then you felt it. Pulled a couple extra Murlocs in Elwynn? Well shit. I pulled a fuckton in that camp on my retail toon that I did it with and nope they all just hit the floor. My point is if they introduce pristine mob hp and damage will need tuning to provide a difficult levelling experience along with "if you fuck up you are gonna feel it" mentality.
    Huh. Guess leveling was difficult for some people, learn something new every day. What you're currently saying is: pulling extra stuff makes you die equals to something being difficult. So with that logic, heroic dungeons are difficult as well because welp, you just accidentally pulled 2 bosses. Damn, this dungeon is hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I very much hope this isn't part of the Blizzcon discussions in any way at all. I don't mind if they toss up some "pristine" servers for those weird people, but there's really nothing important enough to talk about at their biggest advertising event. Let's keep those time slots for relevant coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthoris View Post
    1 usable spec per class most of the time.
    All specs were usable. The game simply had a different modus operandi.

There was 1 RAID DPS spec, one PVP spec, and one LEVELLING spec.

You could even raid as a retardin or enhancement shaman if you had Nightfall or something like Sulfuras.

Of course, you would fail if you tried to use the, e.g. levelling spec to raid. There was nothing wrong with the game, it was the players who failed due to them being dumb (i.e. not understanding the purpose of talent trees). This we now call "n00b", "scrub" and "pleb".
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    All specs were usable. The game simply had a different modus operandi.

There was 1 RAID DPS spec, one PVP spec, and one LEVELLING spec.

You could even raid as a retardin or enhancement shaman if you had Nightfall or something like Sulfuras.

Of course, you would fail if you tried to use the, e.g. levelling spec to raid. There was nothing wrong with the game, it was the players who failed due to them being dumb (i.e. not understanding the purpose of talent trees). This we now call "n00b", "scrub" and "pleb".
    Uhm no. Some specs were fucking worthless. Such as SV hunter because the intent was for it to be a melee spec but they never finished it.

Uhm no. Some specs were fucking worthless. Such as SV hunter because the intent was for it to be a melee spec but they never finished it.
    Survival Hunter was the Hunter PVP spec, and was even usable in raids as soon as a specific number of agility points raid-buffed was reached.

I both PvP'd and raided in Vanilla as a Survival Hunter.

What I am stating is widely known. You are merely trolling, as usual.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.