Page 1 of 3
LastLast

PSA for the elitists out there farming mythics

There is more than one way to speed run a dungeon. Your way is not the only way.

If I, the tank, take off on a different route than you are used to, saying "WAIT NOOB TANK STOP OMFG GG" is not the way to get us back on track. If you didnt want me to take the lead and go the route that I've used to farm over 50 3-chest runs then dont start the timer the second I zone in without saying a word. I don't mind learning new routes, but communication prior to starting the run is nice.

Thanks,

Your friendly neighborhood Firminator

k i guess.
    I'ts not just safe, it's 40% safe.

dang it looks like facebook shitposts have made its way to mmoc

What? Being unnecessarily hostile is not the way to get people to do what you want? Surely you jest...

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Noooo duuuude you just triggered half the forum now.

"You may question their right to yell at a thousand pugs. You will realise that they have no right to let those 'Filthy Casuals' make mistakes."

...But yeah, some people need to chill. Don't worry, the crazy ones are usually the loud, so that's why you may see more of this craziness.

The best part is that if they think I'm moving too slow they start doing the pulling themselves. I usually just let them die, I'd much rather lose a chest or even a whole damn keystone than encourage that kind of behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    The best part is that if they think I'm moving too slow they start doing the pulling themselves. I usually just let them die, I'd much rather lose a chest or even a whole damn keystone than encourage that kind of behavior.
    Good thing nobody pugs shitty tanks. There are ways to 3 chest 7s and 8s way below the timers with carries, so barely 3 chesting a 2 doesn't mean you know what you're doing.

FYI that was being done when they came out in like 850 gear.

Get good. Seriously, dungeon running has always been about the most time efficient way of getting through the content. If you refuse to learn it, you deserve to be shat on.

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    Get good. Seriously, dungeon running has always been about the most time efficient way of getting through the content. If you refuse to learn it, you deserve to be shat on.
    And this is why WoW sucks. It is people like you that are left playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Love how OP thinks he knows shit with 50+ runs and yet I'm here with 300+ runs and I learn basicly every 2nd run something new.
    What's this, the "shit on the OP while feeding my own ego" thread?

Guy is obviously annoyed that people are unreasonable and is letting off steam. Your reply is a sort of "fuck you, I'm so much better than you, lol"... Then you walk away thinking "damn I'm so awesome, that OP what a fucking noob"... Am I getting that right?

Have some emphathy.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post

Have some emphathy.
    Wait... That's a thing?

Get good. Seriously, dungeon running has always been about the most time efficient way of getting through the content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firminator View Post
    There is more than one way to speed run a dungeon. Your way is not the only way.
    You clearly didn't get the message.

This is why I never run with PuG tanks, can pug literally anything else, but not the tank.
    And even though we've run over 200 dungeons, we learn new tips and tricks literally every week.
    We're quick to leave/kick people who throw fits out of nothing though, cba carrying entitled kids with anger issues, there's a proper way to inform if you have info!

Deleted
    don't know who's ego he is feeding when he learns something new every two runs - found pretty efficient routes on the first week and haven't changed them drastically since.

OP needs to know his way is not the only way either and is probably not the most efficient.

I want to ask the wannabe-elitist

if he can back his shit up cause I just had some curry 'n naan and I feel its gonna be a big one

Quote Originally Posted by Firminator View Post

If I, the tank, take off on a different route than you are used to, saying "WAIT NOOB TANK STOP OMFG GG" is not the way to get us back on track. If you didnt want me to take the lead and go the route that I've used to farm over 50 3-chest runs then dont start the timer the second I zone in without saying a word. I don't mind learning new routes, but communication prior to starting the run is nice.

Thanks,

Your friendly neighborhood Firminator
    If someone is crazy enough to take a random tank to a high level m+ 10/whatever- I wouldn't count on them being sane enough to even do a ready check or care what the random tank has to say, sadly.

this happened in a pug of mine a few days ago. went a route that apparently a dps didn't know about and he threw a fit.

even if his way had been faster (it wasn't) it would have only been a very small difference. not worth this kind of behavior.

one of the negatives about mythic+ is that they're on a timer. i know there needs to be some kind of metric, but it encourages toxic behavior from some players.

What an elitist...

Go tank it yourself then. Its not refusing to learn when you refuse to communicate rather then clicking the damn orb at your earliest convenience. Go back to deadmines if you want to pull that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho View Post
    Go tank it yourself then. Its not refusing to learn when you refuse to communicate rather then clicking the damn orb at your earliest convenience. Go back to deadmines if you want to pull that shit.
    ^ this guy, i didnt like the way tanks did shit, so i made my own tank, now its my way or the highway pal

You should take the time to learn what they want to do. I used to feel this way too - I'm the tank, so you follow me.

But now a days, the community knows more than the individual always. If they want to go a specific way, 9/10 times its because they saw some one very serious about the game do it.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV