Haste Cap Demo Locks?

Hello All,

I was just wondering if there is a haste cap for demo locks. It is really killing me passing up on 880 gear because of low haste or no haste and I just want to double tap and make sure that the pawn/stat values listed here are true to word even at higher levels. Thank you for any and all assistance. Trying to do what I can to max my contributions. Thank you for your time!

V/R
    Oinkz

Deleted
    personally i went up to 40% haste, then started looking at the other stats since i cant really get higher than that atm. i try to not drop under 40% at all times though.

Yeah, gcd cap on shadowbolt.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

GCD cap is now .75 of a second. (unless shadowbolt/demonbolt has a seperate GCD cap???) The only way to hit that is at 100% haste, which may happen with chrono shard and heroism/bloodlust/time warp, so unless you are running Chrono Shard, the haste cap would be like 70%. @Oinkz Remember that stat weights are a general guideline, the best answer is to sim your character, either download simcraft or use AskMrRobot. I switched to AskMrRobot as it's more user-friendly. These will give you customized stat weights for your character.

@Wickedevil the point is that there is no haste cap. The entire spec hinges on generating and spending shards as rapidly as possible.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

With the secondary stat rework coming in 7.1.5 or 7.2 i'd just start taking the better gear as a backup. Like others have said, I've gotten to 40% and start trying to up my crit now. Plus i think the go to is even if its a haste decrease if the ilvl increase is 10+ you take it as Int is our 2nd strongest DPS increase.

Crit probably isn't worth it that much as demo, since you already have so much built in crit in your build. 5% default, 15% SB from weapon trait, 35% for imps and 15% for dreadstalkers.

Vers is probably going to be a better stat to get because of the stat on stat multiplication.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Yeah, gcd cap on shadowbolt.
    No. There is no haste cap.

The "haste cap" is 100%, technically. Realistically with how secondary stats scale in Legion there is 100% no way for us to even get close to that, in top end gear we'll probably float around 35-40% haste.

Closed.