Poll: Old Raid Into New 5 Man

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

New Old Raid into New 5 man

So with release new Karazhan i was thinking - what old raid you would like to see blizzard remake into 5 man like Karazhan?

In poll section i added only the most notable raids. Sorry if someone didn't found his fave raid.

I also excluded some raids what already have 5 man equivalent like Trial of Crusader and AQ/MSV.

I'd love to see ICC done like this as a "Trial of the new Lich King" type deal with Bolvar "testing" heroes.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would like to see Naxxramax. Its one of the most biggest raids with cool lore and bosses. The second option for me was Black Temple - it could really fit Legion story well.

Black Temple....its old enough for people not to remember it that well and its designed well enough to fit a 5 man. Ulduar is too massive for a 5 man dungeon imo. Wouldn't feel right as a 5 man unless they re-design it completely.

15+ Year Old Account
    There aren't many that would fit in the 5man role. With that said the only real one I can think of right now is Tempest Keep because its' size make sense to make a 5man. Maybe we go to Outland and take the spaceships (all four of the Tempest Keeps, Botanica, Alcatraz, Mechanaar and The Eye) to fly to Argus, as well as the Exodar.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Ulduar please
    No, I want it to be nostalgic. I don't want them to do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    Black Temple....its old enough for people not to remember it that well and its designed well enough to fit a 5 man. Ulduar is too massive for a 5 man dungeon imo. Wouldn't feel right as a 5 man unless they re-design it completely.
    That's actually good idea, BT.
    Maybe Cavern of Time - Black Temple?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm scared of them doing Ulduar and failing. A good, possibly the best, raid coupled with a bad dungeon? Brr..

Deleted
    Ulduar!!! pls blizz

Struggling to think of the pre-WotLK ones which one wouldnt have mechanics designed around 25 or more players being outright gutted to feel like a five man boss.

Two of the T11 raids could easily be made into a five man with the odd ones being two council type fights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    I'm scared of them doing Ulduar and failing. A good, possibly the best, raid coupled with a bad dungeon? Brr..
    Personally a good chunk of Ulduars lore and experience would be missed in a go go go environment. Then lets not forget the amount of people who would activate hardmodes and the tuning changes Blizzard would do to anticipate it or outright remove them to deal with griefing.

Deleted
    To answer your question: ICC, not because I find it all that great of a raid, but because I could see it possibly happen. Bolvar is seeming less and less stable everytime we meet him.

But I'd much prefer a entirely new dungeon. Karazhan was good, don't get me wrong, I just don't feel like we need to re-purpose every old raid into a dungeon.

None of them please.

Deleted
    No love for ToC?

Thing is, the raids that translate into dungeons are the ones that were designed for small raid sizes. Karazhan and Zul'aman were 10 man raids, Zul'gurub wasn't much larger. That's all we have for cool small sized raids though, so any more would be different because they all feel much bigger and emptier and crafted for 20-40 people.

Also lorewise few if any make sense to return to.

I tend to think of which ones "a lot" of players in the game now might not have experinced. Then could also be tied into the current flow of the game. Since the Naga seem to be apart of the current arc SSC might make some good sense to go and revist. Fishing artifact might make for some interesting things they could do with lurker. It had an insane DH type that also fits into the puzzle. Over all something that could really work in my opinion with Legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think that very few raids would work as new 5 mans Or rather, that only a few would be an easy transition Blizzard could ofcourse just reduce the boss mechanics down to a 5-man lvl, but i think that many of the bosses in places like Ulduar would lose their touch, if they were to be shortend down to max 2-3 min fights with mechanics max hitting 2-3 persons

But i am looking forward to see Blizzaard make content like Karazhan, where bosses are very hard and there is a huge focus on long boss fights.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

If the next expansion were to be about Azshara, then I could see SSC working well.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    From that list Throne of Thunder is probably the only viable choice, as the others would all feel too "big" if made a 5man (unless Ulduar started after XT).

If you look at all the raids that have become 5man dungeons (ZG/ ZA, UBRS, Kara) they were all small scale, no or few huge boss rooms.

Molten Core - Keep this as it is, we had a special event for l100 as a 40 man, it was hilarious, just bring that back from time to time.

Blackwing Lair - This could be an ideal candidate for a dungeon, but seeing as we've had a few retrofits of that entire mountain, I'd doubt they do it.

Naxxramax - I think this should be left alone, its iconic, but I suppose a 5 man version could be fun, maybe a cycling mode, different quater each week type of thing?

Serpent Shrine Caverns - personally for me no, we cleared this place in TBC, but it was boring as hell frankly

Tempest Keep - Not sure on this one,

Hyjal Summit - this could work, we could have some sort of legion invasion dungeon and actually have to go back there,

Black Temple - This would make sense with legion

Ulduar - wouldn't be my cup of tea

ICC - I thought at first no, but someone said the trials of bolvar, I quite like the sound of that

Firelands - Yes, would like this one

Dragon Soul - I think has has to much stigma attatched to it and LFR to make it happen

Throne of Thunder - This is always a possibility, trolls could of taken refuge there after we finished with the place

Siege of Ogrimmar - No thanks, I like this raid, but its far, far to long, unless we just had a small section in the underground, a room that was unexplored and some sort of garrosh fanatics are starting to rebuild, but the whole thing? NUP

Highmaul - nup, hated this place

HFC - I wouldn't mind this, but not sure what you could do with it, legion second coming for draenor?

Deleted
    None. Not only from the list, just none in general.