Shingeki no Kyojin plot finally move foward...

Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan, which at least in French is correctly translated as ''L'attaque des Titans'', AKA ''The Titan's attack'') is an anime manga with the simple but efficient premise of ''giant things eating humans''. I think chapter one laid out the quest very well :

''Eren (young hot blooded teenager with gnarly latent powers), return with presumably your adopted sister Mikasa (Japanese girl in a setting where everyone have german names, and adopted sister to allow that traditional incest vibe...) in the basement of our home, in the area that just got invaded by the said gigantic things eating everyone''

85 chapters later, Eren does reach the basement (with a lot of things happening-maybe too much)

What follows will not make any sense for people not following AOT. For the others....

1)It was a damn picture in the basement
    2)That picture triggers a very extensive flashback
    3)The world is not dead beyond the walls.
    4)The walls are set upon an island, ''Paradise''
    5)Beyond the island, the world is free of Titans-and have at least WW1 technology-biplanes and dreadnought.
    6)The denizens of Paradise ruled a global empire, but kudos to the creator to at least acknowledge this, in the''totally not China'' mainland, the future denizens of ''island of the coast exactly in the position of Japan toward China'' committed an heaping of warcrimes using their Titan powers. Big war. Vanquished. Usual stuff.
    7)The people of ''Paradise'' are either now caged on ''Paradise'' island, or in death camps on the mainland
    8)I have to admit that I lost the plot there, but Eren parents are either Mandchurian (pun intended) agents of the mainland power, or resistant to the mainland power, or ''B while pretending to be A''-the French scanlations are horrible
    9)Paradise is akin to a North Korea regime, with the rulers threatening to unleash WMDs (Titan-the thousands of titans inside the walls) if anyone lands on Paradise island, the last bastion of their power. That security system strike me as very crummy, mind you, but...

That's nice, but maybe he could have just told him
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2016-11-04 at 12:59 AM.

I swear this anime is fucking mindblowing. Full of action and mystery. hard to come by. Any anime lower still hasn't watched this committing a sacrilege.

This series needs more cute girls. Suffering is boring.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay

1. Hi Sarah
    2@sett

3. Anyone else think Ymir is either Ymir fritz or a direct descendent of hers?

OP what you said is what doesn't make sense. It's simple:

>Some lady gets power of a titan, becomes ruler.
    >She spreads power to a few of her descendants.
    >Descendants run shit.
    >Shift of power.
    >Main family goes to island, builds titan wall around it and has titans roam around as attack dogs.
    >Some family left behind. They become the outcasts of society.

>Outcasted people want to fight back. Especially Eren's Dad because his sister died.
    >Have son. beast Titan. Supposed to do shit to bring them back to power.
    >betrays them.

???????

>Eren's Dad gets inside the walls.
    >Fucks some new woman, has Eren.
    >Plot in motion for ??? reasons.

Idk if I got the whole background correct, the chapter was released weeks ago, but the gist of it is pretty simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    3. Anyone else think Ymir is either Ymir fritz or a direct descendent of hers?
    Her Titan form is like the weakest and puniest among all the Shifters so far. Idk how much of a coincidence it is that they have the same name though.

Dude I'm like at 83 or 84 but yeah Attack on Titan is getting seriously fucking good. I was shocked at the shit that happened between 81 to 83. Big twists and sad faces ...

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    OP what you said is what doesn't make sense. It's simple:

>Some lady gets power of a titan, becomes ruler.
    >She spreads power to a few of her descendants.
    >Descendants run shit.
    >Shift of power.
    >Main family goes to island, builds titan wall around it and has titans roam around as attack dogs.
    >Some family left behind. They become the outcasts of society.

>Outcasted people want to fight back. Especially Eren's Dad because his sister died.
    >Have son. beast Titan. Supposed to do shit to bring them back to power.
    >betrays them.

???????

>Eren's Dad gets inside the walls.
    >Fucks some new woman, has Eren.
    >Plot in motion for ??? reasons.

Idk if I got the whole background correct, the chapter was released weeks ago, but the gist of it is pretty simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Her Titan form is like the weakest and puniest among all the Shifters so far. Idk how much of a coincidence it is that they have the same name though.
    The plot advancing are the Titan soldiers from that war program. They wanted the coordinate (which i'm assuming is one of the big 9 power). It was originally in the hands of Krista's family before Grisha ate Kristia's sister and gave it to Erin in response to Wall Maria's breach.

This is me filling the gaps, BTW. Not confirmed, but it makes sense.

Just reread the chapter. Some things I missed the first time (well I didn't pay attention too) are:

1. Eren's Dad's first wife was a descendant of the original titans. Which means she's a royal.

2. That makes Zeke (Beast Titan) a royal. The Marley government said they would give the 7 titans (that they killed, out of 9) to soldiers so maybe he got that power? Or maybe the plan was for him to take one of the other 2. Either way, Zeke seems to be able to control other titans. Maybe, if he got the coordinate, he could remember the History that no one else (Eren) can't but Historia and the rest of the family can.

3. All the titans roaming outside the wall aren't guard dogs like I said, they seem to be the people who got left behind. I guess they got injected and left to die. That almost certainly makes Ymir not a royal.

Going forward in the future, I think a partnership with Zeke has to happen, but it's hard since he killed Erwin and Levi is supposed to kill him. (Funny how our allegiance has to shift away from Levi and Hange to the Shifters.)

Wait, what is happening, are there more episodes finally?

Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    Wait, what is happening, are there more episodes finally?
    Manga chapters.

Interesting twist that Dina turned out to be the Smiling Titan.

not the kind of thing that immediately springs to mind when you think of a jealous ex-wife killing her husband's new one

Quote Originally Posted by Peppered View Post
    Interesting twist that Dina turned out to be the Smiling Titan.

not the kind of thing that immediately springs to mind when you think of a jealous ex-wife killing her husband's new one
    What a cruel twist of fate.