Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How to stop criminals, abolish most jails, and more.

I've been reading of late that criminal activity will never be changed regardless of who is President. There's a solution to stopping criminals, the only negatives are that is it is a minor invasion of privacy and may be considered unethical. There's always been a problem with tracking down the criminal which is why they're on the wanted list. There's also sometimes problems with identifying a person or trouble finding their records. Its simple: The UN can begin requiring everyone to go to the hospital and get a microchip inserted into their right wrist or left hand. This microchip will be heavily verstile and can even be used for things such as paying for groceries without a credit card, sending a voice message and learning more about a person.

Say you go to the hospital, the Doctors there can scan where the chip was inserted. A blue or green dot will be tattoo'd over the insertion site. Doctors and other medical officials will have access to your full name. age. gender, and medical records. While a grocery clerk will have limited access to your first name and the -exact- amount that you have to pay with, without seeing your credit card number or anything else. Law Enforcement officials [Required] and family members [Optional] will be able to track your location down on demand. If you go missing, they will be able to find you. If you're trying to escape, they will find you with else. Need to unlock and start your car? Scan it with your microchip and your car is less likely to get stolen. Lost the keys to your house? Use your microchip.

You might say that one could remove this chip. It will be unlikely. The microchip will be made of magnesium and create a very painful electrical shock that is powerful enough to incapacitate you or knock you unconcious if you attempt to remove it without the codes of your keeper [Law Enforcement Official, Doctor, etc..].

Having a microchip can also be customized to fulfill the needs of being under arrest while at your own home. Similar to a home-arrest band around the leg, the microchip will have you "chime" in, in to your Law Enforcement official every few hours. You will be monitored 24/7 until your court date ends and the judge deems you worthy not to go to actual jail or any other harsh sentences such as death or life in prison.

The microchip could also be used as a [limited] vocal communicator, a wallet, and more.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a really bad idea, I doubt you'd find very many people in favour of having a government chip implanted for any reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    Seems like a really bad idea, I doubt you'd find very many people in favour of having a government chip implanted for any reason.
    There are a lot of things people don't like that the government does, but it is in favor for their own well being. What if their child is captured by a pedophile? The pedophile could get incapacitated miles away and the child located and rescued.

abolishing jails wont stop people from comitting crimes, some people are genetically evil and nothing will stop them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Yeah, no thank you, I'd rather take to the woods and wage guerrilla war than get a chip in some Orwellian scheme to monitor and control the population.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Yeah, no thank you, I'd rather take to the woods and wage guerrilla war than get a chip in some Orwellian scheme to monitor and control the population.
    The population won't be "controlled". Just monitored.. Besides.. you are monitored everywhere already. Your phones track and record everything you do and send it to a third party source.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    abolishing jails wont stop people from comitting crimes, some people are genetically evil and nothing will stop them.
    a bullet in the head stops them. also the death penalty. if a person is not going to contribute to society they have no place in it.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    a bullet in the head stops them. also the death penalty. if a person is not going to contribute to society they have no place in it.
    How do you guarantee the person in question is actually guilty?

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    How do you guarantee the person in question is actually guilty?
    I am guessing magic.

The pedophile could get incapacitated miles away
    The population won't be "controlled". Just monitored
    Ummmmmmm......How is that not control?

No, Keep your Orwellian nightmare chip, thanks.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    The population won't be "controlled". Just monitored.. Besides.. you are monitored everywhere already. Your phones track and record everything you do and send it to a third party source.
    And that's precisely how that shit starts.

"The cameras are there for your safety. They're just monitoring you."

"The chip is for your safety, it just monitors you"

"The chip tells us where you are at all times, what you're doing and allows us to incapacitate you at will. For your own safety, of course."

Fuck no.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a lot of things people don't like that the government does, but it is in favor for their own well being. What if their child is captured by a pedophile? The pedophile could get incapacitated miles away and the child located and rescued.
    And what if the government finds a way to use those innocent microchips to send microshocks to your brain in order to subtlety control you? The possible negatives far outweigh any possible advantages. I could think of a lot of crazy stuff the government could end up doing with these in the not so distance future.

So, you are both a conspiracy theorist and encouraging of conspiracy theorist activity... after a long day of work, I think I could get on board with whatever you're on tonight.

This idea feels ripped off from a crappy TBN end times movie

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    Good luck genociding the sick and the jobless then. But what answer does anyone expect from someone who can only post 2 things on this website:

1) Advocating death against anyone he/she does not agree with

2) Spamming half the threads with something about draenei, completely off-topic

Let's start with your head, hugged by a bullet.

infracted - major flaming
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-11-12 at 06:12 AM.

As long as there is corruption in law enforcement and government, I don't want a part of this.
    Corruption will never be stopped - so no thank you.

Otherwise, pretty much new technology brings new crime, for every smart "good guy" there is an equal smart "bad guy" prob not a 1:1 ratio but you get the idea

10+ Year Old Account
    I like that you consider this proposal "a minor invasion of privacy"
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's how you stop criminals. Buy a gun and defend yourself and your property... like the woman in this security system video when 3 invaders broke into her house. If the Left had it their way this woman would have been robbed, assaulted and probably raped because they would have restricted her access to such an effective tool.

At a broad conceptual level, I think the idea is fantastic. There are three significant issues that, until fully resolved, would stop me from actually supporting it:

1) Compromised technology. Whether the chip itself is compromised or a system that it connects, to, the chip becomes a target... if the chips can't be considered trustworthy, they won't accomplish their goal, but if they are, then nobody will believe you when something goes wrong.

2) Malfunctions. Technology never works as nicely as it does in the movies, there will be breakdowns. It can never be a system we rely on, or things will go catastrophically wrong the first time it breaks down on a large scale.

3) Corruption. The system has to be controlled by someone, and the more people involved in running or maintaining it, the more chances there are for it to be abused in one form or another.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    this is the worse idea ever and is utterly impossible.