Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Would you tell people that where you live is a great place to relocate?

Within about 10 miles or so of where you currently live, would you tell people that it is a great place to relocate to?

I would......

1. low unemployment / high wages ( lots of pharmaceutical companies here )
    2. great schools - most of them
    3. 45 minutes from a big center city
    4. 2 of the biggest shopping centers in the country
    5. Still lots of open land and state parks

The only really negative is a lot of traffic in the general area, and our infrastructure is very old.

No..we don't need more people here.

i think people already know since the immigration to south ontario is crazy

Hell no, I'd warn people to get out and stay away from Central/North Jersey as much and as vocally as I can. Between the absurd rent, insane taxes, god awful schools, and by far the worst thing on earth, New York drivers.

I tell them all to goto canada because canada has tennisace.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Yes, even more Democrats should move to Detroit.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

No, we have too many people here as is.

Yes. San Antonio is awesome. If you are ok with Hispanics and bilinguals. Some people (like my grandpa) hate being around that many brown people speaking weird.

Good food. Private schools are good. Sea world, six flags, river walk. Spurs. 2 hour drive to beach. Hour drive to Austin. And the hill country has a shit load of restaurants/concerts/sights/bars within an hour drive. Got plenty of lakes/rivers for camping/floating close by. The road system is set up there is 15 different ways to get anywhere you want to go and traffic is only really an issue with wrecks or the busiest roads right at 5. Housing prices are good but our property tax is super high (for Texas anyway)
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Some people (like my grandpa) hate being around that many brown people speaking weird.
    Tell him to avoid DOTA2.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who lives in Florida, this question amuses me greatly.

Eindhoven is alright, quite a busy little city.
    If you like design, technology and football (PSV) it is the Dutch place to be.

plz no more

No, a meth-head infested desert where gambling is legalized isn't a place I'd really recommend for people to move.

Quit playing for the foreseeable future.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say "great", but it is okay. The city is quite boring and generic, but the costs of living are some of the lowest in the country, while the university offers incredible salaries, so you end up being "effectively rich", compared to most other places. If you are interested in partying and sightseeing, I wouldn't recommend it, but if you want to just live a peaceful life with good finances, then welcome to South Bend!

Oh, and if you don't work in academy... Don't waste time and choose a nicer place.
    Last edited by May90; 2016-11-03 at 05:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't everybody already wish they lived here?

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Doesn't everybody already wish they lived here?
    A lot of people really dislike LA actually. I lived there for 3 years and miss it though..

I would never recommend anyone move to NYC.. Terrible decision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the people...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I wish no one had told California about Washington State. So many have moved up here, and driven up the prices on buying/renting homes..
    Last edited by Stelio Kontos; 2016-11-03 at 05:24 AM.

Do you like air pollution, drought, hot weather, and people that can't pronounce t's if their life depended on it?

Miami, FL

No
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.