Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Varian - Melee Warrior/Assassin - Warcraft Hero

Stuff is coming here soon. Feel free to discuss!

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...nts-abilities/

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by Nerraw; 2016-11-14 at 06:06 PM.

So much damn content to watch, catching up on the esports and then I'll write up the talents.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    So much damn content to watch, catching up on the esports and then I'll write up the talents.
    Thank you. <3 Still recovering from solo-running the show last night. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Thank you. <3 Still recovering from solo-running the show last night. xD
    You did real good
    I am the lucid dream

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I don't get how they call him, "The first multi-class hero". Does Kharazim not exist anymore? Was that not his big gimmick at announcement, too?
    Rexxar comes to mind with the whole multi class thing as well.
    Gaming & Tech related discussion with occasional poo flinging!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNS...PDOAsdXS7I029g
    https://twitter.com/Aztech_Zero

I don't get how they call him, "The first multi-class hero". Does Kharazim not exist anymore? Was that not his big gimmick at announcement, too?
    I think the distinction is that he literally counts as both, as in quests for warrior and assassin will both progress when using him - he's being designed to actually work as either without it feeling like a gimmick.

They mentioned Kharazim later referencing just what you said and how they fell short of the the damage component; they showed a few talent and trait updates they're bringing to him to help him fill that melee damage role more effectively.
    I am the lucid dream

They specifically mentioned Kharazim and how his damage build wasn't really good enough to make him a proper "bruiser", and that there's going to be a Khara makeover soon. His trait selection now summons a different Mystic Ally (they had those to show so I suspect the rebuild isn't too far off).

So like, first official multi-class hero. That works :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do we know how you swap classes with him? Or is it purely a talent thing?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Do we know how you swap classes with him? Or is it purely a talent thing?
    Purely talent. You choose to go more offense or defense at 4 (only two talent choices), and then you branch out at level 10 with a choice of three heroics; One for tanking, one for bruiser'ing, and one for damaging. Think of it as warriors from WoW. The tank option is prot, the bruiser option is arms, and the damage option is fury. and then you can combine it with the level 4 option for variations of that. Think the old Gladiator talent if you go offense at 4 but tank at 10.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds good. So basically you're a hybrid until 10, when you pick an ult that either makes you a Tank, a Bruiser, or a straight up Assassin.

That's a surprisingly refreshing concept.
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2016-11-07 at 07:22 PM.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I am very happy with how he looks on paper and absolutely looking forward to slaying people with him!

Deleted
    Feel sorry for shield teams (Tass/Artanis comps etc) with Varian, he's gonna be a machine in the right hands. Though torn between Smash and dual wield though.

With healing 1% health with dual, you can solo camps and BOSSES. But 2x charges with smash and vulnerable, so good. Fun hero for sure

10+ Year Old Account
    Very nice! Love the variation on the heriocs. Should add a lot to the replay value.

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on Varian.

15+ Year Old Account
    His Second Wind talent is so ridiculous with DW, even without attackspeed buffs. He just heals for so god-damn much
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    His Second Wind talent is so ridiculous with DW, even without attackspeed buffs. He just heals for so god-damn much
    Yeah, Varian is broken.

He is Illidan (Fury), Kerrigan (Arms) or decent tank in one package. I hate it, I was thinking he is going to be "jack of all trades, master of none", but Blizzard overtuned new Hero once again.

I think I am going back to buying Heroes once they are down 10k gold and balanced already. I don't like investing time into Hero that is going to change a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is just me, or third color tint for Varian classic skin is inspired by Paladin set from Warlords Of Draenor? Also he choose... "Spec" On LVL 10?

He's going to be strooooooong.

At least I won't have to face his ridiculousness in ranked queue, since I'm done with it this season after getting Master rank. Really relieved about not having to face Varians, or having to ban both him & Samuro.

15+ Year Old Account
    Varians charge talent is way too strong, it seriously needs to be nerfed. Not only it stuns but it also reduces the cooldown? What the hell?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    I already hate people picking him.

Everyone in draft assumes he will be a Warrior and won't pick another one just to find out inside game the retard went with Fury or Arms build.