Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Ignore AP. Do whatever it is you were going to be doing anyways and the AP will come.

Do not grind AP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Ignore AP. Do whatever it is you were going to be doing anyways and the AP will come.

Do not grind AP.
    Yeah, that's what I do. I just play the game and the AP happens when it happens. People obsess over stuff and lose sight of why they should be playing games in the first place. Games should be fun. If this or any other game isn't fun then find another. There's plenty around. Or, better yet, play lots of different games. Variety is good.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    I was hoping when we get 34 traits grind will be over, to have more time for alts or other spec artifacts.
    Until I max my artifact, I just dont feel my char is complete.

What do you think?
    Agree with you. However I also enjoy that progression on my main
    But yeah, I have only leveled one alt to 102, as there are so much to do to progress on my main
    Currently im "only playing 1-2 hours a day" .. As im married, have two kids and a job to take care of.

I don't feel I got time for alts when my artifact isn't complete- but then again, it is fine. I will get there sooner or later currently it is at 29, so im feeling that im doing alright

Deleted
    I think that there's no surprise here

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    I'm at 27 or 28, I kinda wanna get 34 to unlock the skin before more traits get added though.
    You're probably fine, we are two months in. I'd guess ~6 more until 7.2 to give Nighthold a few months to breathe. That's a lot of AP and AK.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    We will be at 24,900% artifact knowledge by the time 7.2 is out. This will only be a problem for alts or people who quit the game.
    By the time Nighthold is out, even. That's 250k AP per mythic7 so getting rank 35 (completed artifact and +5% dmg from first rank of bonus trait) will be very easy.
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2016-11-05 at 09:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Glad to see they're going to expand on artifacts. Frankly I think they should avoid people actually hitting 100% cap until very, very late Legion. AP is very central to what gives nearly everything in Legion that extra bit of reward, and there would indeed be a bit psychological change if you found yourself realizing that bosses that don't drop loot didn't give you anything. Or quests that rewards AP items are useless to you. Daily dungeon, etc.

Always having another trait rank to strive towards will benefit the game and players the most.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted

Do not grind AP.
    Well, if I am fully casual, that would be way to go.
    But, in current setup, I just feel my char didnt finish leveling and that bothers me.
    All I want is to develop other 2 artifact wep, but seems there wont be time/AP to do that. And develop alt or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Anything you feel "forced" to do is all based on how you want to play the game. Blizzard isn't holding a gun to your head that you need to keep AP grinding and only playing your main.
    Yes they are. If you are a mythic raider you HAVE to grind these.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Yes they are. If you are a mythic raider you HAVE to grind these.
    Actually you Dont!
    The only reason you HAVE to Grind this is, if you want a good Performance , top the Meters , the Rest Can be achieved without Grinding .

15+ Year Old Account
    lol at people who grind out as much AP day and night since launch. There is so little difference in power gain between grinding as much as you can and just casually obaining it through playing, other than the time you waste grinding. I never do more than 4 WQ a day, 10 Mythic dungeons a week, A Handful of high end M+ runs and 0 raids, and I have 3 golden traits + all important traits in my main spec weapon, 3/3 golden traits in my offspec weapon, and 2/3 traits for my off-offspec

Artifact knowledge makes things like grinding and hoarding obsolete. Also, we've come to a point where we only have "meh" traits left in our main weapons at insane costs (400-500k per trait). You can literally get most, if not all good traits in your offspec weapon for that cost, and you'll get your meh traits next week regardless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    The most nerfed class in WoW is <my class>. <my class> seems to get nerfed every damn patch, unlike those <other class> that get buffed and still want more!

Deleted

Do not grind AP.
    There are changes coming to AK system as well so chill out...

I anxiously await a third gold trait for Affliction that will only proc when you kill things. Wonder what the utility will be though. And how fast they'll gut it (hello heal on Gateway). And what will happen to the 20 point trait after you get the 34 basic ones? Can you still level it after just getting 34 or will it be postponed till you upgrade all normal traits to level 4 and get new traits? Oh, and the fact that current traits will be upgraded to 4 points baseline while the new ones will be 3 points will bother me too much than it should whenever I open the trait window <.<
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-11-05 at 10:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Artifact power is supposed to last the whole expansion. Not be a throwaway gimmick that is completed in a few months.
    Besides, if you hate grinds. Why the Hell are you playing an MMO?
    You can have fun without it being a grind....

I don't go out of my way to do WQs or dungeons for AP. I'm nearly at 27 traits, also have mythic nyth down.... I play the game for fun, not to spend hours on end attempting to get that 1% dps increase.

Deleted
    it's always nice to have something to work on on your character SeemsGood

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I can only imagine that the only people who say this don't raid mythic. Theres limited spots. If you don't put out, you don't get taken.

Does Blizzard put a gun to our heads? Not directly, but they do if you want to raid mythic and you don't have tons of free time.
    Hello, 4/7 mythic here so decently progressed. Nobody is asked to farm AP. Nobody is required to do anything at this point honestly. We've all gotten pretty well geared by now and most of us have our three gold traits. Nobody really cares. We're all just getting it naturally. Some of us like to farm Mythic plus dungeons for legendary items and so they have more AP than others but I know nobody who is actively trying to farm AP for the AP. Nobody does Mythic plus for the AP they do it for the gear.

Deleted
    Said it before, will say it again. There is no need to grind AP, due to AK, you will keep up as long as you do emissaries and maybe a few extra heavy AP WQ.

Hell, I'm at 27, started a week late and I only do random shit each day from pvp battlegrounds to heroic dungeons and LFR. Since my schedule is very flexible for work.

I was hoping they would remove the retarded 20 traits after the main 34 entirely, why do we need a constant reminder that our offspecs are doomed to be fucked and miles behind our mainspec for the entire expansion? It'd be nice to reach a point where I'm not gimping myself. More traits is not exciting, it's just another bloody grind fest we're forced to do to be competitive with our pidgeonholed spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerloin View Post
    lol at people who grind out as much AP day and night since launch. There is so little difference in power gain between grinding as much as you can and just casually obaining it through playing, other than the time you waste grinding. I never do more than 4 WQ a day, 10 Mythic dungeons a week, A Handful of high end M+ runs and 0 raids, and I have 3 golden traits + all important traits in my main spec weapon, 3/3 golden traits in my offspec weapon, and 2/3 traits for my off-offspec

Artifact knowledge makes things like grinding and hoarding obsolete. Also, we've come to a point where we only have "meh" traits left in our main weapons at insane costs (400-500k per trait). You can literally get most, if not all good traits in your offspec weapon for that cost, and you'll get your meh traits next week regardless.
    What the hell are you on about, you know there are people with millions of AP farmed already right? Yes you can be a relative slacker, you've probably farmed less than half of what the tryhards have done, and that means they have an advantage in game over you, and advantage that is combat effectiveness/power gains.

That's the whole point, by your logic you might as well say "why bother getting gear now, a year down the line you can get better gear for a fraction of the effort". I have 29/24/20 on my weapons as a slacker like you, non slackers are at 34 on their main weapon.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-11-05 at 11:13 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Hello, 4/7 mythic here so decently progressed. Nobody is asked to farm AP. Nobody is required to do anything at this point honestly. We've all gotten pretty well geared by now and most of us have our three gold traits. Nobody really cares. We're all just getting it naturally. Some of us like to farm Mythic plus dungeons for legendary items and so they have more AP than others but I know nobody who is actively trying to farm AP for the AP. Nobody does Mythic plus for the AP they do it for the gear.
    Hmm.. not every guild is like yours, but i don't know how their selection progress is done. I'm pretty sure that if you are regularly in the bottom of the list, you are a candidate for replacement. Besides, you are already doing it by the sounds of it. The act of grinding legendaries is the same as grinding AP.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2016-11-05 at 11:42 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Artifact power is supposed to last the whole expansion. Not be a throwaway gimmick that is completed in a few months.
    Besides, if you hate grinds. Why the Hell are you playing an MMO?
    How on earth did you conclude I hate grind?
    Actually, I like it, its just I dont have time for anything else like offspec or alts. Nothing else.
    And I have much more time than average people....
    Not to mention how many sources of AP there is - WQs, lfr, normal, heroic, M+
    I hope this is not very hard to understand.