Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snootylol View Post
    rarely will use them in mythic + either.. i have yet to think damn i really could have used a frost trap at all this expansion...
    Frost trap would be a fantastic tool this week in mythic+ (US servers)... What the hell are you talking about???

Thank god, I missed traps on my hunter so much. Now if we can only get camo baseline again.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agallion View Post
    meh traps are mostly worthless outside of pvp

Traps would be SUPER good in mythic+, just like... flat out. An AoE slow or a CC, great stuff.

Raids? In the past they were useful, and hell, off the top of my head on ilganoth they'd be useful for kiting slides before you burn them.

Camouflage feels very Survival to me. Would be surprised if that became baseline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Carni View Post
    The reason I say it is based on the fact that is happening. The only thing that fits logically to me for blizzard to make this change is the amount of people who want the change greatly or decently outweigh those that don't. I don't pretend to have numbers and blizzard might not be but at this point I don't think you do either I just based it off of what information I had. At this point we can devolve pointless arguments or agree that are assumptions be made on both sides. Simply put... I like that traps are coming back, I'm sorry that you don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Instant cast aimed shots seems a bit extreme. Letting us cast them while moving again would be nice though.
    Actually I very much like that traps are coming back to BM/MM, I've always felt their removal was silly. Give Surv the best, sure (much like how BM has the strongest pets, MM the strongest ranged weapon damage, etc) but don't remove them from the other specs entirely.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    One can hope. Not that I abandoned the class when I lost traps, but anything which makes it less likely for raid leaders to want melee hunters over ranged ones is a good thing in my book!
    Why? Why is it a good thing to deny people who enjoy Survival from being in raid groups? And what's wrong with Hunter having a melee spec? you have 2 other specs that are ranged, and melee hunter does fit with lore, and with how hunters work in general; so what's the big deal? It's only 1/3. And it's a "Hunter" not "Archer". That entails it to actually have more than just range.

I just picked up my hunter for the first time in years because of this. While I never minded shooting arrows at things, I just enjoy other ranged classes more. But saying that you want me to never be able to play competitively ever is just stupid just because you don't like it. What does it matter? You don't play it, and survival still isn't close to MM or BM damage-wise, and survival is almost non-existent in Mythic raiding so why do you care?

I hate paladins more than anything else in any game ever, but that doesn't mean that they shouldn't be able to play.

I just made a big 'ol pile of Get-over-it pie and it's cooling in the corner. I implore you to have a piece.
    Last edited by Aherooffools; 2016-11-05 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Fixing traps is clearly not enough. All specs need a full overhaul.
    This.

/10char
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Very good news to hear MM and BM getting traps back. Tar Trap and Freezing Trap are desperately needed as they are required for proper kiting. It only took a year-long dialogue telling Blizzard that removing traps for the ranged specs was a bad idea back in alpha and beta.

Next they can work towards refining and fixing hunters as a whole.

Deleted
    Zero hype. Unless it gives competitive advantages in arena, other than that pve bots really don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    but it does kinda disturb the fantasy difference between the specs.
    - - - Updated - - -
    What the fuck are you talking about for the better part of 12 years all hunter specs have had traps.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Hope so. I stopped playing my Marksman hunter, and went mage, because questing in it was AWFUL. I'd nearly die to mobs, even 1 on 1 sometimes if things didn't die before getting to my squishy butt. It just wasn't enjoyable comparatively, to have to stop and eat so often.
    I really don't know what to say here.....Marksman is one of the best questing specs in the game, and no class has to stop to eat ever thanks to fighter chow food buff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    there's Surv hunters that're upset traps are about to go back to the other 2 specs.
    There are hardly any survival hunters to begin with so these wierdos are a tiny portion of a tiny portion and their feelings are irrelevant.

but it does kinda disturb the fantasy difference between the specs.
    This attitude is killing class design quality. There is no class identity anymore, only specs which get mutilated in attempts to make them as different as possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Carni View Post
    I feel like taking traps from MM and BM hunters disrupted my class fantasy, to the point where I'm not playing my hunter atm. I think lots of hunters feel that way. Sorry if this is disruptive to what you've got going on but I kind of feel like changing something that has existed since WoW was a game was mistake on blizzard's part and no class fantasy idealism is going to change that for me.
    This is sig-worthy. They talk up this wishy-washy concept of "class fantasy" all the time and their acolytes on the forums are largely eating it all up, but in the case of Hunters all they did was prune BM and MM to shit in order to benefit a new Survival model that no one likes, which itself replaced an old Survival model that was once one of the most popular DPS specs in the game.

So, again all the hunters have traps? well, give Survival more survivaling and more damage please. Marksman and Beast Master are range, do more dps and has more survivaling than Survival, and now they have the traps...

I'm a survival hunter, so I already have my traps. I guess it is cool for MM and BM, but it does kinda disturb the fantasy difference between the specs.

- - - Updated - - -

Frost is Tar now BTW.
    How about the fantasy of hunters being a ranged spec? Survival hunter being melee is a mistake and it doesnt matter what buffs they get, 9/10 hunters will not roll melee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I get my old skills and abilities back that they forced into PvP only and talents? Things like The Beast Within, Master's Call, Go For The Throat, Intimidation (should be baseline for BM atleast), Viper/Wyvern/Scorpid Sting, Camo, Stampede (the old one), Aspects (real ones not the CD ones), list goes on.....

Not sure how they are going to fix BM class fantasy it went from "Master of Beasts" to "Zookeeper With Lightning Dyson" yeah, because lightning, mecha-gnomes, and guns all scream "I'm good with animals".

I'm glad they are giving all Hunter specs back their traps, but I would like my old class/spec back please.

Oh and Eyes of the Beast, I want that back too.......

Hope so. I stopped playing my Marksman hunter, and went mage, because questing in it was AWFUL. I'd nearly die to mobs, even 1 on 1 sometimes if things didn't die before getting to my squishy butt. It just wasn't enjoyable comparatively, to have to stop and eat so often.
    You do realise you don't HAVE to use the cookie cutter spec outside of dungeons and raids, right? World PvE doesn't call for min/maxing, so use a pet and take Black Arrow. Problem solved.

mm hunter = best open world/quest spec ingame.

As long as I get back my AoE slow trap I'm fine.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whats the issue of only survival having traps? Jesus, people QQ about anything.

This is the worst thing they've announced in this Blizzcon. Sure, it was weird the first few hours of Legion pre-patch, playing my BM without traps but at the same time it made me switch to survival to try it out and I loved the spec.

Having survival being the only spec that uses traps makes the best sense lorewise. Doesn't make any freaking kind of sense marksman having traps LUL like if you're the best at shooting at range, why do you need traps? Suposedly the enemy will die before it reaches you, and you're not a stealth assassin like Robin Hood that drops traps and waits in the bushes to pew pew the oponent down. Same as Beast master. Survival on the other hand makes total sense, I'm melee, so I'm the stealth assassin, I hide in the bushes with my bear, oponent gets caught up on my traps and then I apear out of nowhere to smack the crap out of him.

Once again, blizzard caters to the whiny population and shits on the Lore just for the sake of gameplay lol