10+ Year Old Account

Auchenai Soulpriest + Hozen Healer combo

With this combo you can target another minion to kill it. Seems a bit strong, if the minion is already at full HP it's not restoring anything so it shouldn't do any damage. It should only damage the minion by the difference from full HP. Eg. If the targeted minion is damaged by 3 HP then 3 damage should be done or was it not implemented that way because it's too hard for players to figure out?

Again this is another one of those combos you can only figure out by experience or from when it gets done to you and if it ever gets changed you find out the hard way. Auchenai + Reno or Tree of Life works the same way.

How does it work on divine shielded minions?

I don't think it's that strong.

8 Mana combo that requires two cards just to kill one enemy minion, sure if it hits something like a 10/10 it's pretty great, but usually those high HP minions require hard removal anyway.

On top of that, both cards don't exactly have awesome bodies once you hit turn 8, Auchenai is solely dangerous due it's effect but dealing with a 5 Health minion is not a huge problem unless you're extremely behind and lack any spells / weapons in hand.

Against a Priest, i don't expect any high attack / health minion to stay on board anyway, Priest has enough ways to deal with big minions, be it Entomb, SW:P or SW: D.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2016-12-19 at 04:44 PM.

Blizzard is infamous for not having the rules of their card mechanics not being consistent so I'm not surprised that it doesn't just damage according to the damaged minions damage. I also don't think it is that strong, the priest is using 2 cards cards to kill one in the late game & also needs to delay or completely forego AP + CoH combo to do this one in many cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Again this is another one of those combos you can only figure out by experience or from when it gets done to you and if it ever gets changed you find out the hard way. Auchenai + Reno or Tree of Life works the same way.
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by this.

Auchenai clearly says "Cards and powers that restore health now deal damage instead", and Hozen Healer says "Restore a minion to full Health".

It's not something you need to see happen, you just need to read the cards. Also, it's an 8 mana assassinate that relies on two cards, and priest already has tons of control that's far better than this, like Shadow Words and Entomb.

It should do nothing to divine shield minions though, since the shield absorbs the first damage the minion takes, no matter what. If you have 10 mana though, you can hero power to bop off the shield first.

EDIT- Re-read it, it appears you mean the fact that it "heals" for the amount of health the minion has, rather than the missing amount. But like you pointed out, all "full health" cards have worked like this from the start, like Ancestral Healing.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-12-19 at 07:43 PM.

The example worth comparing this with is Auchenai Soulpriest->Tree of Life. I'm heavily inclined to say the combo would work the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Against a Priest, i don't expect any high attack / health minion to stay on board anyway, Priest has enough ways to deal with big minions, be it Entomb, SW:P or SW: D.
    Entomb being cycled out of Standard is basically the only reason I think this combo is worth a damn. Even then this combo is not really high on the relevance list as it's not Priest's trouble area; pooping out combos to deal with lategame threats is a non-issue for effective Priest builds, but solving early game threats/curvestone threats is. With that in mind, the main way I can think this would actually be relevant would be if priests start relying on building big taunts to survive Pirate decks.
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2016-12-21 at 07:16 AM.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.