Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    I don't see how this can make it into live. Would cause riots. It's no longer a matter of "switch spec", we have invested months into our spec now.

Utterly disgusted. Months of HFC, months of shitty MoP, no content, never contemplated quitting, but if this goes Live, I am gone far, far away from WoW.
    Oh stop being a fucking baby and acting like these changes are gigantic and that we're the only ones getting nerfed. Fire Mages won't be as good as they are now, but they won't be terrible this coming patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Oh stop being a fucking baby and acting like these changes are gigantic and that we're the only ones getting nerfed. Fire Mages won't be as good as they are now, but they won't be terrible this coming patch.
    Are we reading the same notes? Those changes just destroyed the spec to nothing. How is nothing is not terrible?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    What are you talking about "as good". They are mid pack and below in each and every fight but Xavius where they pad, and they are shit in ToV HC, and will be even worse in M.

If you're topping DPS in your raids, you are playing with bad players. It is as simple as that. Any properly geared player from like 5-6 specs would easily do better.
    Sick reading comprehension, you analyzed and tried to debunk something that I didn't even say. Nowhere in my post did I say anything about the current state of Fire DPS, I meant they won't as good as they are now as in the number output of the spec will go down compared to live.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hasublade View Post
    Are we reading the same notes? Those changes just destroyed the spec to nothing. How is nothing is not terrible?
    Apparently we aren't reading the same notes.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2016-11-15 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by throwaway-o View Post
    Are you sure? Because it's still listed as an active ability with 45 sec CD.
    It's a passive on the PTR

10+ Year Old Account
    oh and one last note:

THIS SHIT IS ALL SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND PROBABLY WILL BE CHANGED BEFORE THE PATCH LAUNCHES

I don't really care about the edgy opinions where you think that Blizzard has no idea what they're doing and all of those shitty ideas of Blizzard that some of you might have. Large patches that consist of big class changes like these generally have number tuning, removal of balance changes, and even additional changes during the cycle before the patch goes live. Take off the tin foil hats and fedoras and stop acting like the spec is "destroyed."

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently we aren't reading the same notes.
    Marquee Bindings of the Sun King - Nerfed to 200%
    RoP - Nerfed to 40%
    Combustion - Nerfed to 50% Mastery
    Critical Mass - 1.1 multiplier gone
    Ice Flows - Gone
    Flame On - Opener nerf

Those changes are going to gut Fire Mages assuming they don't significantly buff Fireball and Pyroblast to compensate.

The bullshit thing about these changes.... is now deciding whether I should continue to pump AP into fire and pray the changes aren't too bad when they're live (after x amount of iterations) or start learning another spec asap and pumping AP into that spec.

Looking at people in Altered forums, they are reporting up to a 70-100k dps loss with the current changes on dummies.

Anyone know when 7.1.5 is released? If it's not too far off I'm considering withholding AP.
    Last edited by sosaria; 2016-11-15 at 11:22 PM.

I'm just more confused right now than anything. Frost is already doing better than Fire in ToV. I don't have any BiS legendaries for fire (scorch belt, norgannons and the chest). I'm 33 traits and wanted to go hard for 35. But now what? Start dumping AP into Frost? Switch loot specialization for raids this week? I also only have a general idea about how to correctly play frost. A lot of information is conflicting. Struggling to find the motivation whereas a couple days ago I was still playing until my eyes bled. I feel stalled out. Before I get smashed by the "play what you likes" I don't dislike any spec and I like playing the most optimal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post

Flame On - Opener nerf
    Not generally disagreeing with your but Flame On is still extremely strong (3 charges, 4 seconds less CD for a charge to regenerate ... VERY STRONG)

And the 1.1 multiplier is still there

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really care about the edgy opinions where you think that Blizzard has no idea what they're doing and all of those shitty ideas of Blizzard that some of you might have. Large patches that consist of big class changes like these generally have number tuning, removal of balance changes, and even additional changes during the cycle before the patch goes live. Take off the tin foil hats and fedoras and stop acting like the spec is "destroyed."
    Based on the currently available information, it's not hyperbole at all to state the spec is destroyed. Because it totally is. Sure Blizzard is likely going to buff some spells and such to compensate but they are hardly know to be experts at the balancing act, just look at the amount of buffs/nerfed they did to classes after 7.0 went live, and that was after a very lengthy Beta process.

Quote Originally Posted by throwaway-o View Post
    Not generally disagreeing with your but Flame On is still extremely strong (3 charges, 4 seconds less CD for a charge to regenerate ... VERY STRONG)

And the 1.1 multiplier is still there
    2 charges because baseline we only have 1 charge now
    and 3 sec less CD, not 4sec

Reroll time

Fireblast still has 3 charges on the ptr. However, there's a post on altered time saying people have lost up to 90k dps.

Deleted
    Fire will still have its opening burst.................you just need the leg Kil'jaeden trinket to do it..........

Quote Originally Posted by Wenoxar View Post
    2 charges because baseline we only have 1 charge now
    and 3 sec less CD, not 4sec

Reroll time
    Why not actually log on and see that you're wrong? Fire Blast at 110 with zero talents selected has 2 charges on PTR. You gain the second charge at level 48.

Fire is absolutely terrible on PTR right now, there's no way it's going live like this.

(Unless the class fantasy for Fire Mage is supposed to be "dumpster fire" in which case these changes are A+++ quality and ready to to ship next Tuesday.)

whole spec ruined, artifact with 33 level trait worthless, all time spent wasted, i dont think i can take this blizz.

i remember them saying they wont destroy a spec but they just did with 7.1.5

the biggest joke is shadow priest is still left untouched cuz class fantasy hurrrr

Lets take everything that makes fire viable and get rid of it.... BALANCE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hows Arcane looking? Quickening change, RoP nerf, but a 6% buff to both Missiles and Blast, also one hell of a buff to Arcane Orb.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    Marquee Bindings of the Sun King - Nerfed to 200%
    RoP - Nerfed to 40%
    Combustion - Nerfed to 50% Mastery
    Ice Flows - Gone
    Flame On - Opener nerf

Those changes are going to gut Fire Mages assuming they don't significantly buff Fireball and Pyroblast to compensate.
    Combustion and critical mass are pvp only changes. Read more carefully before spreading miss information

10+ Year Old Account
    Arcane has already been getting progressively better and is said to be the best spec once Nighthold comes out, this patch only makes it better.

Deleted
    LOL, Arcane without Ice Flows is completely worthless. That spec already has bad mobility as it is. It's the only spec that constantly receives unjustified nerfs.