Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

I don't want to give up the Ashbringer

So that's it, our artifacts are going away with the expansion after Legion. Anybody else thinks this is a huge bum wrap for Paladins? I mean I could be fine if I was a Warrior and the vrykul weapons were going away beacuse who cares about that shit, but the Ashbringer...
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Lol. Enjoy it while it lasts.

As a rogue I couldn't give a fluff honestly.

Reading is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by blizzcon QnA
    Artifacts are just for Legion, but players who've played through Legion will be able to unlock Artifact appearances as permanent transmog for any weapon.

Deleted
    You will get to keep the appearance if you play through legion they said.

So rejoice, you will get to keep your Ashbringer, minus the traits ofc.

I think it will work like any now-unobtainable legendary items (Mists cloak, Draenor ring). You can keep the actual item and put into the bank but characters made after 8.0 won't be able to start the artifact quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    I think it will work like any now-unobtainable legendary items (Mists cloak, Draenor ring). You can keep the actual item and put into the bank but characters made after 8.0 won't be able to start the artifact quests.
    Whiiich is really stupid imo. We are going to put an insane amount of time into these things then bam..And no not the same as replacing any weapon since it is leveled with us and to get everything involves alot of time..It is one reason i am not playing as obsessively as i was. I feel like they dropped the ball and each expansion has a gimmick or something they then just abandon.

Buuut sadly this was not entirely unexpected and i feel it is shit to pull this. Then again i feel blizz are stupid to remove content every release as well.

Just transmog the apppearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    You didn't honestly think that artifact weapons would become a core system for every single expansion, did you? From day one you were told that you needed to acquire a tool of unparalleled power to fend off this recent legion invasion...and considering the fact that WoW's not just going to end abruptly by us losing, we will fend them off. And when the task is done (probably by consolidating our weapons into a massive hand that'll bitchslap Sargeras across the face and delaying his arrival just a bit longer (AHEM DRAGON ASPECTS CONSOLIDATING POWER DRAGON SOUL BLAH BLAH BLAH, EXACTLY LIKE THAT PROBABLY)) our artifacts' purposes will be fulfilled. And they will be gone. And then, 6-12 months later, you can loot a green from a mob 5 levels later and it'll be better than what you've been wielding for a year.

You can just transmog to Ashbringer too after Legion, anyway. It will live on forever, without the multi-hundred thousand AP costs.
    Last edited by MonsieuRoberts; 2016-11-06 at 06:33 AM.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

I wonder if you'll be able to xmog all of the style variants you've unlocked.
    "Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent." -"Borrowed" from Krekko

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Whiiich is really stupid imo. We are going to put an insane amount of time into these things then bam..And no not the same as replacing any weapon since it is leveled with us and to get everything involves alot of time..It is one reason i am not playing as obsessively as i was. I feel like they dropped the ball and each expansion has a gimmick or something they then just abandon.

Buuut sadly this was not entirely unexpected and i feel it is shit to pull this. Then again i feel blizz are stupid to remove content every release as well.
    We don't know what will happen to the artifact system as of now. They might expand it onto other items, bake it into core gameplay, or completely scrap it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kivross View Post
    I wonder if you'll be able to xmog all of the style variants you've unlocked.
    Answer is yes.
    • Artifacts are just for Legion, but players who've played through Legion will be able to unlock Artifact appearances as permanent transmog for any weapon.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...f-Warcraft-Q-A

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    You didn't honestly think that artifact weapons would become a core system for every single expansion, did you? From day one you were told that you needed to acquire a tool of unparalleled power to fend off this recent legion invasion...and considering the fact that WoW's not just going to end abruptly by us losing, we will fend them off. And when the task is done (probably by consolidating our weapons into a massive hand that'll bitchslap Sargeras across the face and delaying his arrival just a bit longer (AHEM DRAGON ASPECTS CONSOLIDATING POWER DRAGON SOUL BLAH BLAH BLAH, EXACTLY LIKE THAT PROBABLY)) our artifacts' purposes will be fulfilled. And they will be gone. And then, 6-12 months later, you can loot a green from a mob 5 levels later and it'll be better than what you've been wielding for a year.

You can just transmog to Ashbringer too after Legion, anyway. It will live on forever, without the multi-hundred thousand AP costs.
    Keep in mind, we'd be killing Sargeras on Argus..meaning if he dies..hes dead.

---Edit---

I feel like this is truly the "Final" war against the legion. At least in its current form.
    "Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent." -"Borrowed" from Krekko

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kivross View Post
    Keep in mind, we'd be killing Sargeras on Argus..meaning if he dies..hes dead.

---Edit---

I feel like this is truly the "Final" war against the legion. At least in its current form.
    Somehow I can't believe it.

Even if we DO go to Argus this expansion, and if we do more than just slap Sargeras across the face, if we bring an end to the invasions or if we actually Kill or wound Sargeras so grievously that he can't go after Azeroth anymore...well, the Legion is still the Legion. Endless, vast, pissy and a convenient enemy for evergreen expansion content. Without Sargeras' command, they'll just go nuts, right? Everywhere and anywhere at full force? There will be "residual legion incursions" for a long-ass time since there are just so MANY members, right?

As I typed that, I remembered the Void Lords. I haven't read Chronicles yet, but could they be the new big bads if we manage to bear down Sargeras and end the legion invasions on Azeroth once and for all?
    [/url]

Deleted
    Yes, the void lords are the biggest lore threats now. They are basically the reason behind why Sargeras made the Legion. Master manipulators and corrupters. Lords of the old Gods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Yes, the void lords are the biggest lore threats now. They are basically the reason behind why Sargeras made the Legion. Master manipulators and corrupters.
    Is there somewhere I can learn about 'em other than the Chronicle, or would that be a disservice to the Chronicle? (Is it REALLY that good to read?)
    [/url]

Deleted
    Is there somewhere I can learn about 'em other than the Chronicle, or would that be a disservice to the Chronicle? (Is it REALLY that good to read?)
    We don't know much about them yet. Just what Chronicle says.

You can watch Nobbel videos on youtube if you don't want to read.

- - - Updated - - -

Here i got the link for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpxyRu1qx4U

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    So that's it, our artifacts are going away with the expansion after Legion. Anybody else thinks this is a huge bum wrap for Paladins? I mean I could be fine if I was a Warrior and the vrykul weapons were going away beacuse who cares about that shit, but the Ashbringer...
    No offense, but they said months ago that Artifacts were a Legion thing that wouldn't carry over to whatever comes next.

I agree completely that it sucks, though.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Somehow I can't believe it.

Even if we DO go to Argus this expansion, and if we do more than just slap Sargeras across the face, if we bring an end to the invasions or if we actually Kill or wound Sargeras so grievously that he can't go after Azeroth anymore...well, the Legion is still the Legion. Endless, vast, pissy and a convenient enemy for evergreen expansion content. Without Sargeras' command, they'll just go nuts, right? Everywhere and anywhere at full force? There will be "residual legion incursions" for a long-ass time since there are just so MANY members, right?

As I typed that, I remembered the Void Lords. I haven't read Chronicles yet, but could they be the new big bads if we manage to bear down Sargeras and end the legion invasions on Azeroth once and for all?
    "Endless, vast, pissy" this made me laugh, hah. I almost wonder if one of two things will happen, another lich king scenario where we place someone in command of them and use them to fight the Void, orrrr the void takes control of them and well...Legion 2.0...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post

so please tell me what massive content and gimmick they added that they removed every expansion?
    bc daily quests and flying? totally gone sure
    wotlk multiple dificulty raids, lfd? yep gone
    cata LFR and newer cooler set bonuses? yep gone
    mop and its farm/scenarios? oh yeah also totally 100% gone, not used for anything ever
    wods garrison and bonus objectives? man yep 100% removed from the game and not used for anything else ever
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-11-06 at 07:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Endless, vast, pissy and a convenient enemy for evergreen expansion content. Without Sargeras' command, they'll just go nuts, right? Everywhere and anywhere at full force? There will be "residual legion incursions" for a long-ass time since there are just so MANY members, right?
    Nah, someone will just pick up Sargeras helm and command the Legion. Though they'll go into an ice stasis first, because there must always be a Sargeras :P