Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Can anyone please explain this email thing to me in a non partisan way

Title says it all. I am Canadian, and I think both your candidates are right-wing. It's like you are choosing between Stephen Harper and the editor of The Rebel. (Right wing, and right wing extremist). Now, that aside:

Hillary Clinton is the most qualified candidate to be president in decades. She has seen the office up close as the first lady, has done decades of public service and has oodles of experience (arguably, this works against her in some circles). Now, she might be corrupt (I haven't seen any proof for or against that) but no one can claim she has no experience.

So, why are people so hung up on this email thing? So she had a private server, she was lazy and not tech savvy, and she admittedly fucked up. I just don't understand what the big deal is anyway? From a purely security standpoint, government servers or not arguably more secure then the private one she used. Hackers are going to get in either way, look at the DNC emails that are being leaked. I just don't understand how this is a big deal.

Can someone enlighten me?

Well it is a pretty major crime to have secret and top secret emails on a private person account to start with and the content of those emails have been... less then savory.

She fucked up is the best way to sum it up and it pits her ability to lead into question if she can't even be trusted to use a email account properly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakoth View Post
    I am Canadian, and I think both your candidates are right-wing.
    Yeah, unlike Bernie Sanders, Hillary is only progressive in speech. In practice she would empower the corporate establishment and won't address inequality after she gets the votes needed to win.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-11-06 at 08:54 PM.

In short: Clinton mishandled her email while Secretary of State. FBI investigated. FBI concluded that there were no charges to press, but if Clinton was still working for the state she'd face administrative or security sanctions. Then FBI found emails that were from her to her aid on Weiner's computer. FBI investigated those as well to see if they were new emails. They weren't. FBI ended with the same conclusion as the first time.

10+ Year Old Account
    - Clinton ran a private email server against the advice of the State Department.
    - Said private email server received about a dozen classified documents that we know of (some of which were classified after having been sent).
    - Clinton herself never transmitted classified information from said server, fully utilizing the actual secured system specifically for classified information.
    - With regard to the 'that we know of' above, Clinton deleted 33,000 emails from the server before turning it over to the FBI claiming they were personal in nature and government rules say she has no obligation to turn over personal emails. This is where most of the controversy stems from. Those emails are forever gone (unless someone out there has them), so whether or not they contained anything classified is unknown.
    - The FBI determined Clinton was careless in her use of the private server, but there was no malice or intent to break the law, thus no case to be had.

With regard to the 33,000 emails having classified information:
    Those on the left say they don't because there is no proof they did.
    Those on the right say they did because Hillary Clinton is literally a demon and wants to destroy the Earth.

Deleted
    the FBI have now said hillary doesnt have a case to answer for & have stopped their investigations.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    the FBI have now said hillary doesnt have a case to answer for & have stopped their investigations.
    The WH directed the SD to withhold a bunch of evidence, thats probably where the most obvious examples of her criminality exist - not to mention possibly Obama's since he lied and said he had no idea baout the server yet its been proven the WH added HRC's new email addys to the WH whitelist 6 different times so they knew it wasn't on the official whitelist of gov addys ie outside non-gov server.

Plus its not that there is no case, because there is she broke 5 laws, its that nobody in power wants to prosecute her.

Her "I didn't intend" and "I dont reca'l" response to every question was good enough for them because they have invested interest in making her President.

A Dem President works with a Dem head of the DOJ who influences the Dem friendly head of the FBI all while being supported by the evidence blocking Dem SD?

They were so blatant with their corruption that Lynch felt it was perfectly ok to have a public meeting with B.Clinton on the tarmac while H.Clinton is being investigated by her office.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Well it is a pretty major crime to have secret and top secret emails on a private person account to start with and the content of those emails have been... less then savory.

She fucked up is the best way to sum it up and it pits her ability to lead into question if she can't even be trusted to use a email account properly.

Colin Powell and Condy Rice did the exact same when they where sec of state. But quickly the right wingers forget about it and make it the non issue it really is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    The WH directed the SD to withhold a bunch of evidence, thats probably where the most obvious examples of her criminality exist - not to mention possibly Obama's since he lied and said he had no idea baout the server yet its been proven the WH added HRC's new email addys to the WH whitelist 6 different times so they knew it wasn't on the official whitelist of gov addys ie outside non-gov server.

Plus its not that there is no case, because there is she broke 5 laws, its that nobody in power wants to prosecute her.

Her "I didn't intend" and "I dont reca'l" response to every question was good enough for them because they have invested interest in making her President.

A Dem President works with a Dem head of the DOJ who influences the Dem friendly head of the FBI all while being supported by the evidence blocking Dem SD?

They were so blatant with their corruption that Lynch felt it was perfectly ok to have a public meeting with B.Clinton on the tarmac while H.Clinton is being investigated by her office.
    You can postulate about criminal intent all you want; the inquiries into it found nothing.

To the OP: Basically the matter is legally settled and nothing was brought against clinton. The republicans knew their only way to have a snowball's chance in hell was to continue throwing mud at the wall, like they did with Benghazi (which also led nowhere) in an attempt to defame her.

That's why you're hearing about it now.

I wonder that if this email thing hadn't cropped up what lame-ass excuse the republicans would be using to try and morally degrade her. Would they still be harping on Benghazi? Would they go all the way back to the Bill Clinton scandal? (A laughable notion given Trump's extramarital affairs.) Or would they actually have to have tried to formulate takedowns of her political positions like real politicians instead of the current middle school drama they're currently engaged in?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Colin Powell and Condy Rice did the exact same when they where sec of state. But quickly the right wingers forget about it and make it the non issue it really is.
    And let's not forget when a certain republican president was selling weapons to a certain middle eastern country to help fund a certain coup of drug runners in Central america.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    She received classified information on a private server, something many leaders have done,except she got called out for it. She was dumb for doing it, people sending classified information to private servers are dumb. But nothing malicious took place.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

FBI investigated, FBI recommended no charges.

Partisans lost their minds.

That's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You can postulate about criminal intent all you want; the inquiries into it found nothing.

To the OP: Basically the matter is legally settled and nothing was brought against clinton. The republicans knew their only way to have a snowball's chance in hell was to continue throwing mud at the wall, like they did with Benghazi (which also led nowhere) in an attempt to defame her.

That's why you're hearing about it now.

I wonder that if this email thing hadn't cropped up what lame-ass excuse the republicans would be using to try and morally degrade her. Would they still be harping on Benghazi? Would they go all the way back to the Bill Clinton scandal? (A laughable notion given Trump's extramarital affairs.) Or would they actually have to have tried to formulate takedowns of her political positions like real politicians instead of the current middle school drama they're currently engaged in?

- - - Updated - - -

And let's not forget when a certain republican president was selling weapons to a certain middle eastern country to help fund a certain coup of drug runners in Central america.

exactly. and how the bush white house still have roughly 22 MILLION emails missing from official white house servers. which is a hell of a worse case of email scandal than hillarys will ever become. yet you never hear a peep from the right wing conservatives that are so scared about hillarys emails. just proves it isnt about the emails it is about hillary and how they cant stand her at all cost. and they all know the Benghazi story didnt go anywhere after like 15 investigations. except to finding that the GOP house cut funding to the security details of the state department ( which is the only thing that might have changed the outcome of that attack) but thats republicans fucking it up again so of course they cant be concerned about that we all know how they work.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakoth View Post
    Title says it all. I am Canadian, and I think both your candidates are right-wing. It's like you are choosing between Stephen Harper and the editor of The Rebel. (Right wing, and right wing extremist). Now, that aside:

Hillary Clinton is the most qualified candidate to be president in decades. She has seen the office up close as the first lady, has done decades of public service and has oodles of experience (arguably, this works against her in some circles). Now, she might be corrupt (I haven't seen any proof for or against that) but no one can claim she has no experience.

So, why are people so hung up on this email thing? So she had a private server, she was lazy and not tech savvy, and she admittedly fucked up. I just don't understand what the big deal is anyway? From a purely security standpoint, government servers or not arguably more secure then the private one she used. Hackers are going to get in either way, look at the DNC emails that are being leaked. I just don't understand how this is a big deal.

Can someone enlighten me?
    Sure, Hilary wanted a easy way to trade secrets with people and if was got caught (which she did) should could deny deny deny deny and get away with.. again.

- - - Updated - - -

exactly. and how the bush white house still have roughly 22 MILLION emails missing from official white house servers. which is a hell of a worse case of email scandal than hillarys will ever become. yet you never hear a peep from the right wing conservatives that are so scared about hillarys emails. just proves it isnt about the emails it is about hillary and how they cant stand her at all cost. and they all know the Benghazi story didnt go anywhere after like 15 investigations. except to finding that the GOP house cut funding to the security details of the state department ( which is the only thing that might have changed the outcome of that attack) but thats republicans fucking it up again so of course they cant be concerned about that we all know how they work.
    Lets forgive Hilary for doming something illegal today cause Bush did it 8 years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a lot of people are hung up on it for the same reason they blame her for Benghazi, they are poorly informed about it and just want to see her hang. I've heard people claim she's had 100's (if not 1000's) of emails containing classified information that has been leaked to other countries and other ridiculousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post

That's it.
    After Bill Clinton and Rice talked on a plane for 30 minutes about their gol game and grand kids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    I think a lot of people are hung up on it for the same reason they blame her for Benghazi, they are poorly informed about it and just want to see her hang. I've heard people claim she's had 100's (if not 1000's) of emails containing classified information that has been leaked to other countries and other ridiculousness.
    Yes of course! cause it was all because of an anti-Islam movie right.

Quote Originally Posted by Masoner View Post
    After Bill Clinton and Rice talked on a plane for 30 minutes about their gold game and grand kids.
    Two step guide to Clinton Derangement Syndrome:

Step 1: Check if result is the one you wanted.
    Step 2: If not, insinuate conspiracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess the laws that went in to effect AFTER Powell and Rice that said specifically what needed to be done don't matter, as long as you can point at others and say 'but they did it'... right? how third grade of you.

- - - Updated - - -

You really need to stop the lying... emails found and turned over... unless you had them stolen again.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post

That's it.
    i agree
    Infracted - Trolling
    Last edited by mmoc5013515e38; 2016-11-07 at 11:30 AM.

No, on this forum there's no one that can explain the emails in a nonpartisan way and there's really nothing wrong with that.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Deleted
    the problems isn t the emails the problem is that shes corupt as shit and they got from 1 mill$ to 250 mill in in 16 years and they didn t sell coca cola and they aren t doctors or teachers they sold acces