Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Getting a PS4, need some decent rpg's.

The wife and I are getting a PS4. Just really getting it because she played Uncharted 4 at a friends house and loved it. But I am more of an RPG player, so I am looking for some decent rpg's/jrpg's to play.

I am currently looking into I Am Setsuna, Disgaea 5 and maybe Dragon Quest: Heroes. Any other decent rpg's to check out? I usually game on PC but there are some games I would like to play that I know won't ever come to PC that I can now check out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Get FF15. Whether it comes to PC or not. Really good game. Runs at a smooth 30 on standard PS4 and PS4 Pro is getting a 60 fps patch supposedly.

Some honourable mentions would be Witcher 3, Bloodborne, Dark Souls 3 and Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithfulness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Get FF15. Whether it comes to PC or not. Really good game. Runs at a smooth 30 on standard PS4 and PS4 Pro is getting a 60 fps patch supposedly.

Some honourable mentions would be Witcher 3, Bloodborne, Dark Souls 3 and Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithfulness.
    Witcher 3 and Star Ocean are deff on my radar and FF15 will be purchased soonish but she will probably beat it before me since she's more excited for it than me, unless you can have multiple save files. I havent gamed on console in so long I have no idea if this is even still a thing lol.
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Witcher 3 and Star Ocean are deff on my radar and FF15 will be purchased soonish but she will probably beat it before me since she's more excited for it than me, unless you can have multiple save files. I havent gamed on console in so long I have no idea if this is even still a thing lol.
    You can with FF15. Have been able to since like 4. Get a Pro though if you want the 60 FPS patch. Oh and if you like MMOs I would highly recommend FF14 Online. Is a sub game but you can play it with either Controller or Keyboard and Mouse since PS4 has full KB/Mouse support.

Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithfulness.
    Don't buy this piece of garb. It wouldn't even be worth someone paying you $5 to take it.

Bloodborne, FFXV and WoFF are really it atm for RPGs not on PC. Next year will be Horizon, Ni No Kuni 2, Persona 5.

Since you mentioned Setsuna which is also on PC then I'll suggest Valkyria Chronicles Remastered(non remastered version on steam) as well. Probably the best JRPG from last gen.

Don't buy this piece of garb. It wouldn't even be worth someone paying you $5 to take it.

Bloodborne, FFXV and WoFF are really it atm for RPGs not on PC. Next year will be Horizon, Ni No Kuni 2, Persona 5.
    Honestly soundtrack is kind of good. Combat is a bit meh yeah I admit but I wouldn't say it's awful personally. Also thanks Tech forgot about Horizon and Ni No Kuni 2. <3

10+ Year Old Account
    You can with FF15. Have been able to since like 4. Get a Pro though if you want the 60 FPS patch. Oh and if you like MMOs I would highly recommend FF14 Online. Is a sub game but you can play it with either Controller or Keyboard and Mouse since PS4 has full KB/Mouse support.
    I have FF14 on my PC I play from time to time. If I got it on PS4 would I be able to play the same characters or would my wife be able to play with me on PC if she played it on there?

Not getting a pro, we kinda accidently bought this one. We tried to order one from Gamestop on black friday but our bank card wouldnt work. But like 3-4 days later it charged and shocked us but we just went with it.

I have FF14 on my PC I play from time to time. If I got it on PS4 would I be able to play the same characters or would my wife be able to play with me on PC if she played it on there?

Not getting a pro, we kinda accidently bought this one. We tried to order one from Gamestop on black friday but our bank card wouldnt work. But like 3-4 days later it charged and shocked us but we just went with it.
    Yes you would be able to play your toons on PS4. You enter the code on your Mogstation account like you did with the PC version. It's cross play with PS3 and PC too. However I'm not sure if it allows the same account to be logged in from different systems. I imagine it wouldn't but don't take my word for it. If your wife has a separate account though sure she can play with you on PS4 from PC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eleccybubb's recommendations are solid. I'd also add Dragon Age Inquisition, Fallout 4, and Divinity: Original Sin to that list. Divinity has great Co Op so you and your wife can enjoy it together as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Eleccybubb's recommendations are solid. I'd also add Dragon Age Inquisition, Fallout 4, and Divinity: Original Sin to that list. Divinity has great Co Op so you and your wife can enjoy it together as well.
    Dude I grew up around RPGS. Mega Drive stuff. Phantasy Star, Sword of Vermillion, Cadash, Shining Force, Beyond Oasis and list goes on.

As for collecting itself part of my collection consists of all the main series FF games each for their original system aka Famicom and Super Famicom.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-12-05 at 01:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes you would be able to play your toons on PS4. You enter the code on your Mogstation account like you did with the PC version. It's cross play with PS3 and PC too. However I'm not sure if it allows the same account to be logged in from different systems. I imagine it wouldn't but don't take my word for it. If your wife has a separate account though sure she can play with you on PS4 from PC.
    That's pretty bad ass. Ill have her try it out on my comp to see if it's her thing to try or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I have heard good things about Dragon Age and Divinity. I already have Fallout 4 on PC, so unless she decides to play it probably wont get that again (keep telling her to try it out lol).

That's pretty bad ass. Ill have her try it out on my comp to see if it's her thing to try or not.

I have heard good things about Dragon Age and Divinity. I already have Fallout 4 on PC, so unless she decides to play it probably wont get that again (keep telling her to try it out lol).
    Yeah FF11 back in the early 2000s was cross play as well. First MMO to do so if I recall between PC and PS2. If Square ever do another FF MMO it will more than likely go to console and be cross play.

10+ Year Old Account
    I Am Setsuna is overpriced and super boring. Don't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Wasn't bad but yeah overpriced. Loved seeing a modern RPG with ATB though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I am planning on it buying just due to the people who made it. I know it's supposed to be a spiritual successor to Chrono Trigger (best game ever) but I don't expect it to be that good. But maybe by the time I can buy it, it will be a bit cheaper.

Yeah FF11 back in the early 2000s was cross play as well. First MMO to do so if I recall between PC and PS2. If Square ever do another FF MMO it will more than likely go to console and be cross play.
    Ya the only version that wasn't Cross-Play was the Xbox360 version of FFXI.

Ontopic: Like some have already said IMO get a Ps4 Pro. The extra HD space is nice and the hardware boost is nice for the games that make use of it. FFXIV is getting a 60fps mode sometime this month.

As for RPG's....

Bloodborne.
    Lords of the Fallen.
    Dark Souls II Remaster.
    Dark Souls III.
    A Insane amount of indie RPG's one being Salt and Sanctuary.
    One Way Hero is a interesting RPG.
    Witcher 3.
    Grand Kingdom.
    A Crap Ton of JRPG's.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-12-05 at 01:47 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ya the only version that wasn't Cross-Play was the Xbox360 version of FFXI.
    No it was actually cross play with all 3. No joke.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/...-playing-game/

From GWR since it holds that record.

No it was actually cross play with all 3. No joke.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/...-playing-game/

From GWR since it holds that record.
    Holy hell didn't know that, I knew it required XBL Gold and figured it wasn't Cross-Platform.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Holy hell didn't know that, I knew it required XBL Gold and figured it wasn't Cross-Platform.
    Nope you can do it with the Silver one.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/9446...a-subscription

Needed to pay the official game sub but never an Xbox sub. Can confirm as well since I had the 360 version at one point.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Crap Ton of JRPG's.
    Care to elaborate? I've considered getting a PS4, but I'm not sure how much I would enjoy it without a lot of games I'd be willing to play. Have little interest in FF15 (sorry), and pretty much all the indie titles are available on PC. Outside of that, World of Final Fantasy is so far the only game I'd want to play (I also don't like the Bloodborne/Dark Souls games, so yeah.).