10+ Year Old Account

Prolonged Power vs Deadly Grace on Pull

Has anyone done the math, for me it seems like Deadly grace on pull doesnt do that good damage for shadow priests. I was thinking that it might be more DPS to Prolonged Power just before the pull and then pop deadly grace at high stacks during S2M.

Can anyone confirm?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillistrar View Post
    Also, I love your short-temper. Did you know that people like you are the most fun to mess with? Not that I'm doing it. Yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazoric View Post
    Interception...
    Is that a like a charge within a charge? :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arioc View Post
    Has anyone done the math, for me it seems like Deadly grace on pull doesnt do that good damage for shadow priests. I was thinking that it might be more DPS to Prolonged Power just before the pull and then pop deadly grace at high stacks during S2M.

Can anyone confirm?

From the sticked thread, Deadly Grace on pull, prolonged during high STM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geroaergaroe View Post
    From the sticked thread, Deadly Grace on pull, prolonged during high STM.
    Alright to me Deadly grace seems really bad on pull considering our damage takes a while to ramp up, not even comparable to for example the damage Mages get with the pot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillistrar View Post
    Also, I love your short-temper. Did you know that people like you are the most fun to mess with? Not that I'm doing it. Yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazoric View Post
    Interception...
    Is that a like a charge within a charge? :P

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alright to me Deadly grace seems really bad on pull considering our damage takes a while to ramp up, not even comparable to for example the damage Mages get with the pot.
    Mages get more damage from Deadly Grace because they have a 50% damage modifier from Rune of Power and 100% crit from Combustion. Given that Deadly Grace does static damage, having ramp-up in your opener is an argument for using it over Prolonged Power, not the other way around.

I've gotten quite some prepull PoDG doing around 1M damage recently, which is very low. Need a bigger sample first, but I'm considering switching to double PoPP (if I can ever remember to use the 2nd one before the last 10 sec of the fight....).

Deleted
    DG is just a third trinket. PP improve our damage on pull, which we as you said don't have anyway.

However, if I recall correctly, the difference between a DG prepot and a PP prepot is, at worst, 1k dps. So feel free to be a cheap bastard if the boss isn't a dps check.