Ursoc Mythic - Assassination DPS

Hello,

Yesterday we had our first kill on Ursoc Mythic and I was disappointed by my DPS result on that fight.

See here the log for reference:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

I used the comparison feature of warcraftlogs to determine possible improvements (74% match rate with this player)
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

I was only able to determine so far that he has more crit than me (I run 50% with 90% mastery). I'm not counting Insignia of Ravenholdt - I have the boots.
    The rest looked ok to me (99% uptime Rupture for both) about same casts (1-2 difference) on rest of abilites.

Buff uptimes are
    Elaborate Planning : Me 82% / Shadytricks 75%
    Evenom: Me 65% / Shadytricks 57%
    Kingsbane: 7 casts each
    Vendetta: 4 casts each

Overall (excluding Ravenholdt Insignia) he did 10% more raw damage in this fight and outside crit rating I am unable to see what I am doing incorrectly.
    Gear wise I could switch to a set with higher mastery 98% and less crit 45%. Got the Ursoc trinket now as well so this might be also a source of the difference.

Any help on improvement is highly appreciated. Battle.net: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Hárkonnen/advanced
    Last edited by Sardaukars; 2016-11-07 at 08:23 AM.

you forgot to vanish 3rd time, at 4:10 u can see how much more dps he is doing

also you have lower crit and mastery rating, while your haste is high and his trinkets are also better than yours

Things I noticed:

1. You don't Kingsbane after 6 CP vanish/rupture. Instead you Envenom before you Kingsbane, imo there is no reason to do this because you will lose more casts inside the duration of Kingsbane. You will normally get 3 Envenoms, 4 Muts, and 1 garrote. In your case you get 4 Muts, 1 Garrote, and 2 Envenoms. That first Envenom you casted before Kingsbane could have applied a poison to increase the damage dealt. Another reason is the last tick of your Kingsbane will not get buffed by Vendetta because you are delaying Kingsbane for mut > mut > envenom. You also seem to delay Kingsbane a few times to get Envenoms off first. That step is unnecessary because you will be doing it in the duration of Kingsbane anyway.

2. I believe you are using Envenom early just to keep higher uptime on it and Elaborated Planning. Higher uptime is a nice damage increase but, if you are rushing it then you can't cast your spells because you are starved of energy then the buff becomes useless. You should always pool energy to about ~80 then use your CP spenders. If you pool you will always get off 2 Muts and 1 Envenom (if you have 5-6 CP from the 2 Muts crit) within the EP buff. The only time this will not work is if you have to garrote.

The ring is also OP but I think you are doing quite well. Just pool before you use CP spenders to get the most out of EP rather than just trying to get as close to 100% uptime as possible.

Thank you for the very valuable feedback from both of you. Appreciate it.