Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JhonnyQ View Post
    nice

some trashmobs, after bolstering, can have 60-100m hp

some bigger trashmobs have 30-60m anyway (m+10++).

with this affix, its not possible to even play anymore XD
    The mobs health has nothing to do with the affix. It's 20% of your health.

Pure cancer. I don't actually see how it's possible to do some packs with this. Imps in CoS come to mind. You have a very limited time to kill those on Fortified, or you wipe. You pull them, burst AoE, first stun when their casts are almost done, and if they don't die during the stun chain, you instantly wipe unless you have a resto shaman popping all their CDs.

Bursting takes an already unfair mob type and makes it impossible to do cleanly. Even if you were to kill 3 at a time, (a huge burden on the healer) you're waiting 4 seconds for the reset. That is your whole first stun and you still have like 6 more of the fuckers to deal with, and just 2 of them casting Drifting Embers is a wipe with Fortified.

The only comp I can think of that could deal with this is a full immunity comp. Stun, burst AoE, kill all the imps at the same time. Prot paladin bubbles himself and magic bops the healers, dps all pop ice block/bubble/whateverthefuckelse. Anyone that doesn't have an immunity just gets fucked. And don't forget there's two of these groups, so you're going to have to either evade one completely, which means you better pray you get good RNG with Enforcer spawns, or you're going to have to wait 5 minutes before doing the second imp pack.

I already hate this affix more than I hate fucking Necrotic, and I didn't think that was possible.

For a traditional comp that isn't stacked for literally as much cheese as possible, I think the most efficient way to play this is to just take the death. Blow the imp pack up quickly, die, respawn and get going.

Also, this is a level 4 affix. All level 7 affixes apply at all times, and this singles out trash. That means it's a level 4, so it's mutually exclusive with Bolstering and Teeming, thank god.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadohw View Post
    Ok then you tell the dps to outheal the 20% over 4 seconds then. I already said yes its controlled by dps killing adds and swapping properly but at the end of the day that damage taken while other damage is going out especially at higher +levels is gonna be tough to deal with and alot of fun to play as a healer if you like challenging yourself.
    If the DPS gets hit by that shit at M+10 and above then they're horrible players. This isn't something a healer should heal through.

If you pug high mythic + then you have nothing to complain about anyway, as you're making your experience horrible yourself..

There's quite few affixes that healers needs to worry about. Volcanic is one of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Pure cancer. I don't actually see how it's possible to do some packs with this. Imps in CoS come to mind. You have a very limited time to kill those on Fortified, or you wipe. You pull them, burst AoE, first stun when their casts are almost done, and if they don't die during the stun chain, you instantly wipe unless you have a resto shaman popping all their CDs.

Bursting takes an already unfair mob type and makes it impossible to do cleanly. Even if you were to kill 3 at a time, (a huge burden on the healer) you're waiting 4 seconds for the reset. That is your whole first stun and you still have like 6 more of the fuckers to deal with, and just 2 of them casting Drifting Embers is a wipe with Fortified.

The only comp I can think of that could deal with this is a full immunity comp. Stun, burst AoE, kill all the imps at the same time. Prot paladin bubbles himself and magic bops the healers, dps all pop ice block/bubble/whateverthefuckelse. Anyone that doesn't have an immunity just gets fucked. And don't forget there's two of these groups, so you're going to have to either evade one completely, which means you better pray you get good RNG with Enforcer spawns, or you're going to have to wait 5 minutes before doing the second imp pack.

I already hate this affix more than I hate fucking Necrotic, and I didn't think that was possible.

For a traditional comp that isn't stacked for literally as much cheese as possible, I think the most efficient way to play this is to just take the death. Blow the imp pack up quickly, die, respawn and get going.

Also, this is a level 4 affix. All level 7 affixes apply at all times, and this singles out trash. That means it's a level 4, so it's mutually exclusive with Bolstering and Teeming, thank god.
    Necrotic is one of the easiest affixes to deal with though. Why the hate?
    Hi

Deleted
    Is it in a certain range, or does it hit everyone? My melee Guys already complain enough as it is

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    The mobs health has nothing to do with the affix. It's 20% of your health.
    oh thx, than its fine i guess

Sounds just awful to be honest.. I hope it doesn't have a range to favor casters even more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bursting + Teeming + Necrotic. Fun times won't be had.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    Thing is many(most) dps dont realise the pain their screwups cause healers. An affix that punish their dps if they fuck up instead of the healer having to cover for their every mistake would "educate" these to at least interrupt or prio correctly
    There should be an affix that makes mobs spew out ground effect- except instead of damage it silences and disarms you while standing in it and for a short duration after. (Just like Ill'gynoth's big add).

That way they can't blame the healer because they died while standing in fire. That'll teach em
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Necrotic is one of the easiest affixes to deal with though. Why the hate?
    How so?

What do you do with bosses where you can't kite? Did VOW last week Mythic 9, and we couldn't kill her - because necrotic got so high healer couldn't heal the tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this is going to be fun at high levels. But they need to tune it so some mobs are not affected by it. Also it's not an intant explosion, it's like M Il'gynoth dot so it's ok to even kill more than 5 and use a strong cd on pulls where you can't avoid killing all at the same time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reachie10 View Post
    How so?

What do you do with bosses where you can't kite? Did VOW last week Mythic 9, and we couldn't kill her - because necrotic got so high healer couldn't heal the tank.
    How can you wipe? I did VoW 12 this week no problem. I mean necrotic is definitly not the easiest, but it's nto deadly at all. You are gonna just lose time between pulls with necrotic which affect the posibility of do 3 chest on lvls 8-9 as you usually do with let's say overflowing, volcanic, bolstering or teeming.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatahe View Post
    How can you wipe? I did VoW 12 this week no problem. I mean necrotic is definitly not the easiest, but it's nto deadly at all. You are gonna just lose time between pulls with necrotic which affect the posibility of do 3 chest on lvls 8-9 as you usually do with let's say overflowing, volcanic, bolstering or teeming.
    One the second boss - the tank just got to 20+ stacks of necrotic and couldn't get healed, plus we got the adds from one of the portals that melee and it made the stack go up quicker. Perhaps we were handling this all wrong?? How do you deal with the healing debuff stacking up there?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reachie10 View Post
    One the second boss - the tank just got to 20+ stacks of necrotic and couldn't get healed, plus we got the adds from one of the portals that melee and it made the stack go up quicker. Perhaps we were handling this all wrong?? How do you deal with the healing debuff stacking up there?
    Our group comp was prot warrior, resto shaman, fury warrior, MM hunter, fire mage, just FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatahe View Post
    I think this is going to be fun at high levels. But they need to tune it so some mobs are not affected by it. Also it's not an intant explosion, it's like M Il'gynoth dot so it's ok to even kill more than 5 and use a strong cd on pulls where you can't avoid killing all at the same time.

- - - Updated - - -

It also depends on your group comp, my guilds main tank is a DK and doing Necrotic with him is just the absolute worst. No way will we ever be able to beat necrotic on time for more than 1 chest.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd like to see some affixes that dps have to worry about more. I know dps should already worry about what we currently have but that still doesn't change the fact that a lot of them don't because the healers still just power through their screw ups most of the time. I'd like to see some things that make the half afk tunnel vision players who only care about how good they are on the meters start doing more.

Like: Non-boss enemies drop a pool on death that deals damage and silences while players are in it.

or perhaps something like volcanic that reduces the damage players deal by 10% stacking up to 10 every time they get hit by it

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I'd prefer affixes, like M+ raids instead of a flat difficulty increase. It will both benefit the feeling of player power and allow for extra ways of progression.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Doesnt sound too bad if it cant go together with bolstering...

They really need to rebalance the affixes for range / melee balance though. Melees get a huge punch in the face by most affixes while ranges get the move 1 cm to the left treatment lolz. And melees even get targeted by volcanic in some sitations (Helya for example). Why do they punish us melees so hard :/?
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2016-11-07 at 08:15 PM.

It's probably going to be nerfed, else it will make some trash packs incredibly tough. Can't imagine having to kill 5+ mobs 4 seconds apart to not give the healer a cardiac arrest.

Beyond that, I also don't like the design. It's yet another ''healer/tank has to pick up the slash if DPS mindlessly AOEs everything down''. I'd have prefered something else.

I feel like it's going to be a train wreck personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    I'd prefer affixes, like M+ raids instead of a flat difficulty increase. It will both benefit the feeling of player power and allow for extra ways of progression.
    Mythic raids do add new mechanics though, that's sort of the point
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Deleted
    Another affix that is only a problem for a healer...

Deleted
    They are really stupid if they think this affix is fun or will go live with that percentage.

They'll nerf it to 5%, just because of the forum qq you'll have once it's testable.

I holy paladin heal pugs (guild doesn't always feel like doing Mythic+ when I want to and tank isn't always online) and I stay away from +7 and beyond because tanks just think healers can do anything. If there is a wipe then I feel guilty and almost have a panic attack. One time the group wiped and I didn't even realize I got a rez because I was just staring down at my keyboard with my hand in my face. The stress of healing a mythic+ pug is a lot. Not to mention "what is an interrupt" with the fear and healing mobs... DPS can do whatever the fuck they want and it is always the tank/healer that has to pick up the slack and deal with it. I like the idea someone else had where if a cast goes off then DPS lose 20% damage. Seriously, why do healers have to take the brunt of all mechanics and heal your dumb asses?

Lets say I save the group with DPS fucking up everywhere and we make it through, woohoo... I still had to deal with all that bullshit and nearly shit myself while you are watchig a netflix movie sipping OJ and mashing 1,2,1,2,1,2 with your cheetos crusted hands.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2016-11-07 at 11:03 PM.