Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

So, Blizzard just confirmed Artifacts are going away after Legion...

Is anyone else not happy hearing about this so early in?

Lets look at the good artifact weapons brought to the game:

- No stress over getting a weapon, which is always the most important and frustrating upgrade to acquire.
    - Dual wielders not having to farm for two weapons, the artifact daggers/swords/axes/maces/fists coming in pairs was fantastic.
    - World Quests (dailies) have a bigger incentive.
    - Dungeons/Raids you don't need loot from aren't worthless as they still award AP and progress your weapon.
    - Having dps/utility progression on an item, as well as an appearance/mog grind keeps people busy.

Now the downsides:

- Un-friendly towards alts (but they're introducing catch-ups)
    - Stress of going "all-in" on one spec, just for it to be nerfed.

In my eyes, the positives vastly outweigh the negatives. I know Blizz said it might not be permanent, but to hear so early in Legion that they'll be gone for the next expansion is just frustrating to me. All the dungeons my friends want to grind for loot (that I don't need) are going to just feel like a complete waste of time again, since there is no incentive for AP. I can't imagine going back to dailies where all I'm going to get is gold, right now I skip almost all gold WQ and just focus on AP and Order Resources. Not to mention getting one dagger, then having bad RNG for weeks to get the off-hand. I just really don't want to go back to that.

Does anyone else really enjoy the artifact system?

EDIT: I skipped all of WoD, I came back right as Legion launched. I did not know that Blizzard already confirmed last year that these would not be permanent. So save your breath telling me, "they already told us", 20 other people already commented on that.
    Last edited by Laurix; 2016-11-06 at 08:43 PM.

Deleted
    The question is...why they are going and what are gonna happen to the artifacts? Maybe end of the expansion is Nzoth and we need to throw away all the magic from the artifacts to seald him again in the titanic prison?

Dude artifact weapons like time traveling is really stupid for lore questions.

Would rather keep artifacts and just have the systems smoothed out but it's not Blizzard unless they throw everything away once they've learned how it ticks, like classes.

Every fucking expansion; throw everything away for something worse then by the time its fixed it's done again.
    Last edited by Brickwalls; 2016-11-06 at 12:26 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    We have known this for a long time.. Not sure why it's a shock.

is it not obvious?

their power and the pillars are used to destroy Sargeras

oh gee #Spoilers

You know thats what its going to end up being

and it will justify Azshara and N'zoth after Killing a God because we don't have god weapons and the pillars anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    We have known this for a long time.. Not sure why it's a shock.
    I don't recall them saying for sure it'd be going away post-Legion. I could have sworn they were just being vague and say it may not stay.

Regardless, I just feel like them scrapping this and making the decision to do away with artifacts when (IMO) they were a huge success is dumb.

We knew about this before the xpac even dropped.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurix View Post
    I don't recall them saying for sure it'd be going away post-Legion. I could have sworn they were just being vague and say it may not stay.

Regardless, I just feel like them scrapping this and making the decision to do away with artifacts when (IMO) they were a huge success is dumb.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yat...youtu.be&t=516

Deleted
    Our current artifact weapons are going away, but there's no reason why Blizz won't take what they think worked really well with them and using them elsewhere. The whole trait/AP system doesn't really have to be tied to a weapon, it could easily be incorporated into spec advancement or something else. It's too early to say right now what's good and bad about artifacts anyway, it will be interesting to see what everyone thinks about them a year from now.

If they are working well and popular I doubt the ideas will be scrapped completely.

EDIT: Watched the video posted above me. I guess it won't be as important in the future then. But like the garrison was changed to order halls, they could use the ideas in a similar way but with a bit less scope than there is in legion.
    Last edited by mmocca694fa5de; 2016-11-06 at 12:32 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firon View Post
    Our current artifact weapons are going away, but there's no reason why Blizz won't take what they think worked really well with them and using them elsewhere. The whole trait/AP system doesn't really have to be tied to a weapon, it could easily be incorporated into spec advancement or something else. It's too early to say right now what's good and bad about artifacts anyway, it will be interesting to see what everyone thinks about them a year from now.

If they are working well and popular I doubt the ideas will be scrapped completely.
    Path of the Titans huehuehue

Quote Originally Posted by Shockymonkey View Post
    We knew about this before the xpac even dropped.
    Eh, I guess I missed it then. I came back right as Legion launched.

Either way, I don't ever want to go back to farming two weapons as a dual-wielder. It's retarded that 2H users just get to go "WELP GOT MY WEP IM DONE" meanwhile I get one dagger on Rogue, then the next 4 weeks have bad RNG in the raid and have to wait for my off-hand. They need to come in pairs. Multiple other MMO's do it, Blizzard should at the very least take that from the artifact system and let dual-wield weps drop in pairs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurix View Post
    Eh, I guess I missed it then. I came back right as Legion launched.

Either way, I don't ever want to go back to farming two weapons as a dual-wielder. It's retarded that 2H users just get to go "WELP GOT MY WEP IM DONE" meanwhile I get one dagger on Rogue, then the next 4 weeks have bad RNG in the raid and have to wait for my off-hand. They need to come in pairs. Multiple other MMO's do it, Blizzard should at the very least take that from the artifact system and let dual-wield weps drop in pairs.
    You actually bring up one thing I'd like to see going 'forward'. That dual wields are a single drop that equip in both slots.

1H+Offhand(Shield/Tome etc)
    Dual Daggers

etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    You actually bring up one thing I'd like to see going 'forward'. That dual wields are a single drop that equip in both slots.

1H+Offhand(Shield/Tome etc)
    Dual Daggers

etc.
    I disagree.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fairly sure we was told about this pre-legion. Though I can't quite remember. If someone could get the source for me, I'd be grateful
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    TBH, I'm not sure what's about no stress over getting weapon - now it's relics and they are just as important as weapons in past.

As for the rest, they also clearly stated they like the system and they will carry it over in future in one way or another - it may be another artifact item or some other way that will allow you to accomplish all the benefits you mentioned, it does not have to be a weapon to have AP or whatever else points that you use to skill up the whatever thing we will have next.

Artifact system is fine, but I think the whole spec pigeonholing is a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiacRR View Post
    The question is...why they are going and what are gonna happen to the artifacts? Maybe end of the expansion is Nzoth and we need to throw away all the magic from the artifacts to seald him again in the titanic prison?

Dude artifact weapons like time traveling is really stupid for lore questions.
    Gear resets are normal, even with "grinds" on legendaries.
    The problem is you can't do right for both.
    Those with artifact progression, and those without.
    Those with are penalised by removal, and those without are penalised if they are not.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

First of all, they said back when Legion was announced that we were leaving the Artifact weapons after Legion expansion is over, Just like the garrisons in WoD. He even said that on stage now. Geez

10+ Year Old Account
    Each expansion has their "gimmicks" if you want to call it like that. WoD was garrisons, missions & followers on Legion there are leftover from those that took the shape in Class Halls and missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    I disagree.
    Elaborate.

What possible explanation do you have for thinking that'd be a bad thing? My biggest gripe for YEARS of maining Rogue is having to deal with getting two daggers. It's dated, and most MMO's nowadays give dual-wielders both weapons as a pair. How is it fair as a DK/ArmsWarrior/Ret/Hunter/etc you only have to worry about one drop while many more need two?