.xls password remover?

I have an old excel spreadsheet thats an .xls file and theres a password on it. Is there a site that can remove / crack it for free? I can't open it or anything, right away it asks for the password.

Please help.

Deleted
    Google it?

if its protected its for a reason...

this is not a place to ask for illegal stuff

Deleted
    Why would it be illegal? In what juristiction?

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    if its protected its for a reason...

this is not a place to ask for illegal stuff

Maybe it is his and he forgot the password? Lol

Anyway, you could crack it with some free tools if you search around, would prob run it in a VM and let it rip for a while. It depends on the version of excel, the strength of your computer, and how many characters long the password is to really tell you if its reasonable to do or not

10+ Year Old Account
    Last time I did it I used a method almost exactly like the one linked, though it was a different site:

http://www.instructables.com/id/VBA-...d-Excel-Sheet/

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Why would it be illegal? In what juristiction?
    If he copyed the file from anywhere and didn't make it himself its in fact illegal to open it. That is invasion of privacy and depending on the contents of the file could be a few other things.

If he had permission to open it then he wouldn't be here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RuneeBH View Post
    Maybe it is his and he forgot the password? Lol

Anyway, you could crack it with some free tools if you search around, would prob run it in a VM and let it rip for a while. It depends on the version of excel, the strength of your computer, and how many characters long the password is to really tell you if its reasonable to do or not
    The fact he didn't say he forgot the password right off the bat tell's me that it isn't his.

- - - Updated - - -

A thread OP made in September....
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-investigating

So ya I'm calling bullshit on this.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If he copyed the file from anywhere and didn't make it himself its in fact illegal to open it. That is invasion of privacy and depending on the contents of the file could be a few other things.

If he had permission to open it then he wouldn't be here.

- - - Updated - - -

The fact he didn't say he forgot the password right off the bat tell's me that it isn't his.

- - - Updated - - -

A thread OP made in September....
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-investigating

So ya I'm calling bullshit on this.

Lol, well yeh, that post is pretty unusual.

We do not allow password removal discussion on the forums, I am closing the thread.