Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Since republicans now control white house, house, and senate it doesn't matter. They're going to pass everything they want regardless of what democrats say.

They also have 100% of the responsibility for what they will do and for the promises they can't keep.
    And how do people think we got to the point of having the entire government controlled by Republicans now? It's because we've been tired of all the bullshit that the Dems have tried to do (especially Obama) for the past eight years. Regardless of your opinion, you can't deny the fact that there is a large percentage of the population who hated Obama's guts and many of his policies. And no, it had nothing to do with the color of his skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Liftbrul View Post
    Liberals, shocked that being condescending assholes to people you disagree with and demonizing white males, conservatives, republicans and rural Americans doesn't sway them to your way of thinking, are now breaking down like little bitches, unable to control their emotions like grown-ups.

Welcome to the real world. The future is bright as fuck.

Well, maybe not for you.
    Except economists and even former GOP presidents and congressmen have all stated Trump's actual policy ideas are fucking retarded and have no basis in reality.

Trump won on emotion, not policy. People who care about policy are fucking fuming on both sides of the line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

You really think your dad will get his construction job back now ? Well maybe he can mow some lawns

What's with all the shitposting over PC/SJW tears? Doesn't anyone want to talk about how we're gonna build the wall?

Quote Originally Posted by Judgedredd View Post
    I wonder why they call Trump the outside candidate then? (must have something to do with not being content the way things are) Hence the suitable comparison with Caesar, apart from being backstabbed by his own faction. Can't just superimpose Republicans = Optimates and Democrats = Populares over Ancient Roman politics. Those were more of labelled factions than political parties much like Roundheads and Cavaliers of the English Civil War.

If you're going to debate when the Republic ended, by modern standards, the Roman Republic is not anywhere near a democracy. To 'vote' per se, one had to meet property requirements first in addition to being a citizen (usually qualified by military service or being ethnically Roman) of Rome.

Even Classical Athens would not be considered democratic, despite ironically being undone by mob rule.
    People think not a politician=outsider. Somehow they also think that corporations own politicians, but still consider corporate businessmen outsiders.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    I wonder what would have happened if Bernie was put forward instead of Clinton.
    He might have just won and turned the USA into the USSA.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    so i just wake up, and HOLY SHIT!!! MEME MAGIC IS REAL GUYS

Hillary spends her entire life building up to be president, shaping her career, and shes beaten by a guy that runs on a whim.

#fuckinlol

i dont support trump but this is pretty amazing.
    Hillary has to be having the most epic of tantrums right now, smashing everything in her hotel room. Hillary: Not only did I lose to Obama, I got beaten by DONALD TRUMP. DONALD FREAKING TRUMP.

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    For being such an obvious criminal its amazing she isn't in prison after 20+ years of being investigated for stuff. Maybe she isn't in an orange jumpsuit is because all of those things she is accused of are BS? The guy that was just elected however, bragged about committing assault and has had several people corroborate his illegal activities. Then you have the legal but sleazy activities of bullying people out of money he owes them just because he is rich enough to do so. Trump is the real criminal, Hillary just has a public image problem.
    Richard Nixon didn't go to prison either. These people are far too powerful for that to ever happen.

Hillary was never going to be arrested. If Comey hadn't let her go, Obama would have. The only real threat to her was the impact it would have on the election, and -guilty or otherwise- clearly it hit her hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullarkie View Post
    Do we know when Mexico will begin construction on the wall?
    Mexico isn't going to pay for the wall or build it.

Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Or maybe it means I see beyond Hillary's smug. You actually believe what she said? Lmao.
    You think she would drastically change her whole political platform, the one the democrats are supporting, for no reason? I don't think that's possible.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    This is the day IDIOCRACY became a documentary.
    No- this was the day that it was averted. The Clinton mafia is doomed. #HillaryforPrison

People think not a politician=outsider. Somehow they also think that corporations own politicians, but still consider corporate businessmen outsiders.
    well Trump is as part of the Washington elite as a meat dish is at a vegetarian buffet.

Run it however he wants. Almost nothing he campaigned on is feasible or constitutional so it won't happen anyway. Obama didn't get much accomplished because of Republican obstructionism, so I hope the Dem obstructionism is at least as good.
    So please enlighten me what policy and agenda does Trump have that isn't constitutional?
    Building a wall? deporting illegal aliens? restricting immigration? renegotiating trade deals?

Deleted
    Im sure those nukes will make everything bright indeed. The world will have a nice glow to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Bernie would have been a shit president. His nice guy approach and ideals are great and wonderful but he wouldn't be able to pass shit in a congress that stays center to right on the political scale.

Bernie is far better in the senate writing legislature in the HELP or budget committees while Clinton could have been the more centrist force playing hard ball and wrangling the obstructionists.

Bernie likely would have lost anyways.
    Bernie had great ideas.

Honestly, I would blame the loss on the media campaign in focusing on race wars and the vocal minority to rile up what was left of a few crazies. People knew bullshit when they saw it, and it obviously backfired just like the UK media movement did to remove Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by Judgedredd View Post
    well Trump is as part of the Washington elite as a meat dish is at a vegetarian buffet.
    He's been the one gaming the system for years and running for the party that most wants to keep money and corruption in politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    And how do people think we got to the point of having the entire government controlled by Republicans now? It's because we've been tired of all the bullshit that the Dems have tried to do (especially Obama) for the past eight years. Regardless of your opinion, you can't deny the fact that there is a large percentage of the population who hated Obama's guts and many of his policies. And no, it had nothing to do with the color of his skin.
    except we haven't

republicans have successfully obstructed and sabotaged dems on everything following the first few years

Deleted
    Comway should be in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Mexico isn't going to pay for the wall or build it.
    Agreed. A wall is stupid. If anything they should just cut off any all benefits for illegals. With no incentive to come here and no more anchor baby rule for future generations...the flood will dry up. They need to fix the government in their country and then work a deal with President Elect Trump.

Liberals, shocked that being condescending assholes to people you disagree with and demonizing white males, conservatives, republicans and rural Americans doesn't sway them to your way of thinking, are now breaking down like little bitches, unable to control their emotions like grown-ups.

Well, maybe not for you.
    All I could do was laugh at the truth of this

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis