Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    If people didn't care what you called them then this particular argument about the left getting it's just deserts for over using the charge of racism would be meaningless. After all people don't care.
    It's really not hard to follow the train of the sentence. People don't care anymore because people are too angry for being demonized for an opinion that is not racist at all. Hence why they voted trump. The amount of ammo levied at trump for his immigration policies instantly turned thousands of voters towards him.

It is surprising to see the amount of Americans that do not know their own laws of Immigration. Illegals gotta go :^)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by badzerath View Post
    "That's racist" with no supporting arguments is not an argument in itself. It's a cheap ploy to dismiss someone's views/ideas/opinions.

And lol at the bold. Prove I'm not a racist. You are so far gone.
    The cheap ploy is the argument that the free exchange of ideas will be enhanced by decrying anyone who uses the charge of racism because well you get triggered by it. Have to be super careful not to point out how bigoted and racist this person is cause if you do well he might get triggered. You people are the sjw for the right.

Christ you people need a safe space. I suspect that it's gonna get to a point in the country where we wont be able to call people out for being racists when they actually are racists. If you aren't a racists then you have nothing to fear. This argument is so fucking galling coming from people who argue against sjw, safe spaces and hurt feelings.
    Bro, did you just counter this argument, with the point of the argument?

You may need to take a debate class in how not to prove the opposition right.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    I find it telling how roles have been reversed how when Obama won and us republicans rooted for him to fail you chastised us now that a republican won your rooting him to fail
    I can't wait for you to start praising Trump for everything you roasted Obama for. It's going to be glorious watching the hypocrisy in action. It already happened with Hannity. He's the one who started the whole thing about Obama using teleprompters and put up huge criticism of that, and then he was praising Trump for his use of a teleprompter to "stay on message".
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Isn't the point. You can argue definitions, you can argue proofs, you can argue all that you like but the suggestion is that Racism as a charge will now be invalid and somehow this ACTUALLY IS AN IMPROVEMENT IN THE FREE EXCHANGE OF IDEAS is ludicrous. It is inherintely a less free exchange if I can't argue my opponents ideas are bigoted, offensive, racist and negative.
    Stop being racist.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Yeah it is. I didn't say "in general" because I thought we all understood that.
    The idea that suffering somehow caused people to vote for Trump but not Hillary is ridiculous. People voted for him because of his ideas and positions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Regarding women presidents, people looked at Germany and saw how it led to ruin, they don't want the same in America.
    They failed in Brazil, Germany, and now in the US. Soon they'll fail in the UK as well.
    Because all women are the same, and men have never failed their countries ever in the past

This has to be the single most pathetic anti-Clinton rhetoric I've seen this election, and that's saying a lot.

given the amount of harm that's about to be done to the country, i don't think dems winning in 2020 will be an issue

Deleted
    Maybe Sanders can try again in 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    if labeling an entire ethnicity rapists and murders isn't racist then what is?
    See this is the problem you state this as a fact as something that actually happened when it did not happen:

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. Their rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

Quote Originally Posted by badzerath View Post
    Yes, because wanting a society where the free exchange of ideas doesn't result in someone being shouted down as a buzzword to promote healthy debate makes me akin to those that want to create "safe spaces" and echo chambers to shelter themselves from competing ideas.

You have lost the plot or don't care to find it. Your characterization is dishonest and epitomizes our points. Thank you.
    Oh pluase... no one used more buzzwords and personal attacks than Trump.

Lying Ted. Lying Ted. Lying Ted. He was like a child.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    You don't think Warren has the credentials to be president?
    She has the credentials but I don't see her bringing the fire the next time around.

The Dems need to adopt a strong liberal worker's rights platform to win back and secure support of the working class that Sanders was proving could be a strong and realistic demographic to snatch. You need someone charismatic and can bring the fire and energy to policy discussion to get people on board. Sanders was a blueprint of what the party arguably should be forming themselves and molding their platform and attitude around for upcoming years in hard hitting close to home pissed off policy debate and worker/union rights.

I also think Warren's stock will drop among Dem voters while she's forced to shovel shit in her mouth for the next few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Stop being racist.
    Stop being a caricature.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor View Post
    Yes I agree, what you are missing is Batman's long posting history of intellectual condescension and Im glad he and liked minded others got trounced by the American people.
    Hillary won the popular vote.....
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    The point i'm making is, how can we honestly tell other countries that democracy and voting is the best method when the candidate with the most votes loses?

How is that ever going to make an ounce of sense to someone that's been taught democracy isn't the best form of government?

If we tried to argue this to a chinese communist party member they'd be justified to laugh in our face.
    because most of the time using the word democracy is misused
    because a true democracy is a bad thing because it causes a tyrannical majority and an oppressed minority

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So basically everything we already knew:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/09/us...xit-polls.html

Interesting how the biggest piece of feedback is how disgusted they are with the candidates, and more are disgusted with Trump than Hillary. Also more said they'd be scared if Trump were elected than Clinton, and he still won.

I think this goes back to the old maxim that when people are cynical about politics Republicans benefit from it, even if they're the reason they're cynical in the first place.
    Hillary did win the popular vote, after all. But I'm not going to complain that the EC is rigged, like the Trumpers were when it was looking like Hillary was going to win the EC but lose the popular.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Stop being a caricature.
    Says the salty loser after election day caricature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    It's closer to accusing them of some combination of hypocrisy and a suspect notion of free speech.
    That's exactly what it is. I can't charge them with racism or bigotry because they feel it's been overused in the media regardless of my right to free exchange of ideas and freedom of speech. It's gross hypocrisy. What's more is that if you are able to accuse them of it they will deconstruct the meaning of the word until it's essentially vacuous of meaning. It's ironically enough a very leftist pomo trick.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2016-11-09 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Oh pluase... no one used more buzzwords and personal attacks than Trump.
    You create an environment where any exchange of opinions on any topic of any relevance is who can shout the loudest, while closing his ears to not hear the opponent. At the same time trying to enforce rules and laws that will ban or punish those opinions that you don't like.

And then some time later you are surprised that in this environment the election is won by the piece of shit with the loudest mouth, that is physically incapable of hearing anyone but himself.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Let me be very clear. In my view, Democrats will not retain the White House, will not regain the Senate, will not gain the House and will not be successful in dozens of governor’s races unless we run a campaign which generates excitement and momentum and which produces a huge voter turnout.

We need a political movement which is prepared to take on the billionaire class and create a government which represents all Americans, and not just corporate America and wealthy campaign donors.

In other words, we need a movement which takes on the economic and political establishment, not one which is part of it."
    Bernie Sanders, Aug. 2015.

Oh how wise he was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.