Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Jesus.
    I can't believe we're at that point as a nation.
    I can, 30 years of both side claiming the other is the reason for their woes and this is the shit you get.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wooters View Post
    campaign of lies...I hear every trump fan say this. no one says what the lies are lol. what are these lies you speak of? and don`t bring the e-mail "scandal". who cares about some irrelevant shit that potentially could have hurt their interests. the whole thing were just laughable. storm in a glass of water

meanwhile trump have been spewing lies with basically every sentence before and during this campaign. its just unbelievable really. the people at the rally and home watching could just google statements he said, and see for themselves the mountain of insanity and lies. but they are too dumb to do that...and I even suspect a fair portion of them like being lied to, and enjoy living a fantasy
    "Don't bring up the emails". Yea right. Nice way to preemptively disregard anything that might put you into cognitive dissonance.
    You know, I love how the Hillary supporters go on calling Trumpers dumb (among other nastier things of course). As if that would retroactively make the voting somehow less valid. But the fact is, people got fucking pissed at political correctness and being called names where it is not appropriate. I could, of course, imagine someone more suitable for the office, but now liberals gotta do with Trump and it's their own fault.

And what do they do? What do you do? Do you accept the democratic result or do you go on calling people dumb like before? The Trumpers won and Hillary lost, so who's dumb now?
    Is it the uneducated, illiterate, racist old white men and rednecks that are celebrating, while proper multicultural college-educated tolerant progressives torch houses and cars in the streets of California?
    Just so we know who's who.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    If you look long term, feminism and women in general have been on a pretty steady upward trajectory for the past 100 years, so as they continue to become better educated, more engaged, and more assertive in the public sphere they should continue to make gains. That Trump won this election is hardly a wholesale rejection of women's empowerment as an idea, and it's not going to lead to an immediate reversion to 1950s morality.
    It's more that the Clinton smear campaign successfully hoodwinked voters into thinking she and Trump were equally bad, because apparently degree is too complex a concept for the US public consciousness. So women were put off the specific candidate. At least, they voted for her no more than they always vote Democrat.

With her out of the way and nothing but Trump in view, and an excited group of alt right morons prowling the internet thinking it's the dawn of the new age of shitposting, feminism is going to get a huge injection of relevance it hasn't had since... the 80s? The 60s? Earlier?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Wow... I didn't know it was so bad. How are they getting away with it legally?

Russia won't ever be #1, come on now. Their regime is barely holding together nowadays.
    They get away with it because it is delegated to the individual states to decide how to set up their districts. It is a despicable move by either party.

Russia won't ever be #1, come on now. Their regime is barely holding together nowadays.
    i think that is China's turn to shine
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Xzan View Post
    "Don't bring up the emails". Yea right. Nice way to preemptively disregard anything that might put you into cognitive dissonance.
    Well the FBI investigated her twice on the emails and came up with nothing.

So are the emails the ONLY thing you think Hillary ever lied about? Nothing else? Would you like to state one specific lie that you know of? Surely that can't be hard. She's the biggest liar ever right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    I can, 30 years of both side claiming the other is the reason for their woes and this is the shit you get.
    Then it's willful ignorance on my part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    It was drawn to delute the Republican vote. Sorry you dont like that.
    Do you not understand how gerrymandering works? You shove as many of your opponent into a single district as you can, effectively meaning anything over 51% is "wasted". The more of your opponent you can shove into a single district, the better. That makes it so that 4 or 5 other districts that would have been dominated by your opponent can now be easily won because you've sucked their presence away from those districts into a single top-heavy district. If you think this hurts republicans then I'm sorry you don't understand gerrymandering.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xzan View Post
    But the fact is, people got fucking pissed at political correctness and being called names where it is not appropriate.
    Stop and read this sentence you wrote. No, seriously.

Dumb is as dumb does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Jesus.
    I can't believe we're at that point as a nation.
    I can.

I've bore witness to many cases where it's celebrated to "beat that crackah senseless" while otherwise decent African American men stand by and cheer as some poor white guy is tag teamed or beaten for being white, instead of doing the right thing and doing something to stop what is and always has amounted to a hate crime. Ironically if I stepped in, I would be called a "Crackah with a tan" and attacked as well for simply taking offense to this act. Sad as this is though, this also happens in black on black cases too. We need African American Culture to undergo a serious reformation.

This is why my location is a riddle (inspired by The Riddler):

What's black and white, and hated by all? Halfbreeds like me. We're too white, or not black enough.

And that's just plain sad.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Look how bad things got in only 8 years of Obama's presidency. I never saw anything like this growing up, and it does not explain the number of white people that voted for him to call it a "White-lash" as some news-anchors have.
    Hmmm, and why do you think ethnic tensions got to an unprecedented level when you had a black president? I wonder.

Although the funny part is, he's half white.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Hmmm, and why do you think ethnic tensions got to an unprecedented level when you had a black president? I wonder.

Although the funny part is, he's half white.
    I know. So am I. Point is he could of at any point condemned all of these things with the power of the Presidency, and become a very, very potent "Healer in Chief" as he was when he accepted Trump as the next President and called for unity. The tragedy is that he had that chance, but did not act on it, and it looks like he did not act on it because he was looking to basically maintain what is called "street cred" or "keeping it real" as some other African-Americans call it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow... I didn't know it was so bad. How are they getting away with it legally?

Dems dropped the ball big time when it came to redistricting in 2010. It's why Dems often win the popular vote in a state but lose the majority of seats... even sometimes as bad as Ohio's 12/16 (75%) seats going to Republicans despite Obama's margin of victory in that state.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    I'm the same guy I always was. I just happen to feel a tremendous relief, which for the first time in eight years isn't tempered by a personal anger and frustration at constantly being attacked for being a conservative or calling for equality for all parties. If you say X and it's offensive or breaks the rules, I don't care if your a Republican or Democrat, you broke X rule and should be punished for it.

I feel like with Trump as President, maybe now we can engage for once in meaningful discourse so I'm trying something new and uhh "Forgiving and forgetting"? I take it you have no complaints with this then. I am not the bogey man, really! ^^
    No complaints from me, though I wish more of the Trump supporters had your view on this. Country needs to heal after such a nasty campaign. I am rather tired of being afraid of and angry at my fellow countrymen and women.

I am in complete agreement with you on partisan bullcrap Anevers. It's pure vitriol, and it's going to give all of us Cancer or at the least Ulcers. For that reason we need to take a deep breath and be adults about it. The reason I did not like / support the ACA was never because I wanted to deny anyone health-care.

No, rather it was because of how it was passed by Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid (who is a snake to put it lightly in my opinion). The way they did it without a single Republican Vote deeply disturbed me, because in that I saw a breakdown of civil dialogue between the parties and what seemed like a power-grab of "Hurry! Pass it before we lose power! Now is the time for our master plan!!"

That was basically a major F-U to 1/2 of the Country and so that was the first issue I had, the second being that it seemed Obama would rubber-stamp anything the Senate sent him like an obedient puppet, rather than weighing it with his conscience as President and signing it or vetoing it with that human element factored in.
    Both sides need to hammer something out when it comes the ACA, we should have access to good and affordable care like they do in many other countries. Instead we are stuck with healthcare that is only good if you can afford it and bad to none if you can't. Perhaps we could have ended up with something better if both sides had tried to work with each other instead of Republicans obstructing everything and Democrats rushing it through as fast as they can.

I lost one of the best jobs I ever had, because of the ACA. For my company, it was easier to cut the job than pay for my Insurance so I had to do my own thing and I claimed hardship. I haven't had Healthcare since the ACA, and my health is starting to change. So we need to replace it assuredly with something, but I think a individual mandate is the wrong way. Demanding as a Government "You will buy THIS!" is a easy way to breed defiance, which I think is part of why some young people do not get Health-Care and paid the fine. The other half of that equation being that to pay the fine was cheaper.
    I feel for ya man on the job loss, it sucks to lose your job because it is easier to cut you than keep you. It hurts in more ways than one. Back on point they really do need to have something that works for all Americans, I'm afraid that what Trump and the Republicans will replace it with will be too little too late. There is no reason why we shouldn't have healthcare on par with other western nations.

I want to believe as Americans we all have more in common than the petty differences that we let divide us...and we need to work on this..there is a lot of this to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberal Attack Dog View Post
    The shape does not matter in gerrymandering. It is about grouping people so as to dilute one group's vote to the point that they are a minority in every district they reside, even if they are greater in number.
    You're missing a key point. You can not only gerrymander the way you're talking about (making it so a minority party in a state receives no seats even when they should proportionally win some), but also what's happening recently (and what people are generally talking about) is concentrating most of a voting block in one district and diluting it elsewhere so that even though one party might have more votes in a state, they receive less seats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Do you not understand how gerrymandering works? You shove as many of your opponent into a single district as you can, effectively meaning anything over 51% is "wasted". The more of your opponent you can shove into a single district, the better. That makes it so that 4 or 5 other districts that would have been dominated by your opponent can now be easily won because you've sucked their presence away from those districts into a single top-heavy district. If you think this hurts republicans then I'm sorry you don't understand gerrymandering.
    You mean like creating a district that makes up over 1/2 the state in area and voted 72.5% for the Republican?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It's more that the Clinton smear campaign successfully hoodwinked voters into thinking she and Trump were equally bad, because apparently degree is too complex a concept for the US public consciousness. So women were put off the specific candidate. At least, they voted for her no more than they always vote Democrat.

With her out of the way and nothing but Trump in view, and an excited group of alt right morons prowling the internet thinking it's the dawn of the new age of shitposting, feminism is going to get a huge injection of relevance it hasn't had since... the 80s? The 60s? Earlier?
    Another thing that a lot of people have overlooked is that, just like the American manufacturing industry, feminism has sort of grown lazy and complacent in the absence of any significant opposition. The pushback they've gotten in recent years from Gamergate, Trumpists, and the like really did seem to come as a complete shock to them, and their responses to it, regardless of whether you agree with them or not, has simply not been effective or convincing. They really need to rethink their approach and refine their methods if they want to recover from this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Dems dropped the ball big time when it came to redistricting in 2010. It's why Dems often win the popular vote in a state but lose the majority of seats... even sometimes as bad as Ohio's 12/16 (75%) seats going to Republicans despite Obama's margin of victory in that state.
    Hamilton thought shit like the electoral college would actually prevent a demagogue from taking power. Boy was he ever wrong.

Time for that pointless relic of the past to get the boot. The rest of the democratic world rolls its eyes when the winner doesn't win in America.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    You're missing a key point. You can not only gerrymander the way you're talking about (making it so a minority party in a state receives no seats even when they should proportionally win some), but also what's happening recently (and what people are generally talking about) is concentrating most of a voting block in one district and diluting it elsewhere so that even though one party might have more votes in a state, they receive less seats.
    Yes, this is true. And when democratic districts do it they should also be redistricted. But it has been done to a much greater degree by the republicans in 2010, mostly as a panic to the changing times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    No complaints from me, though I wish more of the Trump supporters had your view on this. Country needs to heal after such a nasty campaign. I am rather tired of being afraid of and angry at my fellow countrymen and women.

Both sides need to hammer something out when it comes the ACA, we should have access to good and affordable care like they do in many other countries. Instead we are stuck with healthcare that is only good if you can afford it and bad to none if you can't. Perhaps we could have ended up with something better if both sides had tried to work with each other instead of Republicans obstructing everything and Democrats rushing it through as fast as they can.

I feel for ya man on the job loss, it sucks to lose your job because it is easier to cut you than keep you. It hurts in more ways than one. Back on point they really do need to have something that works for all Americans, I'm afraid that what Trump and the Republicans will replace it with will be too little too late. There is no reason why we shouldn't have healthcare on par with other western nations.

I want to believe as Americans we all have more in common than the petty differences that we let divide us...and we need to work on this..there is a lot of this to do.
    Yep. Again complete agreement with you on all points man. This is why I'm also so completely against this new Cal-exit, that some Californians are calling for. I live in California and I'll fight such a measure tooth and nail if it ever takes. Don't see why I should leave my home, be demanded to renounce my US Citizenship, or forsake the city my family settled down ages ago because of some Silicon Valley or Political Hack's inability to cope with losing. Hell I know five year olds who accept defeat more graciously.

That said, bed and RL calls so I'll see you guys tomorrow. Cheers.
    Last edited by The Penguin; 2016-11-10 at 05:58 AM.