Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    The media and social media. The internet has allowed a generation of people to say waht ever they want with out facing any real backlash.
    Yea, it seems internet culture is seeping into reality, and the victims don't understand the consequences, or at least don't understand that it isn't reality. Even the media. They all forgot rural United States existed somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    This seems like the issue that will finally bring him to his knees and chastise all those deplorables who would dare to raise their voice and vote for him.
    WTF are you talking about?

I was simply pointing out the hypocrisy of the candidate and the deplorables that suckled at his racist teat.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Deleted
    Regarding the topic of is Trump racist; I found, by sheer coincidence, a small list on the matter - https://www.reddit.com/r/EnoughTrump..._why_trump_is/

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Yea, it seems internet culture is seeping into reality, and the victims don't understand the consequences, or at least don't understand that it isn't reality. Even the media. They all forgot rural United States existed somehow.
    IMO what we are seeing from the left is some new type of McCarthyism, where pretty much they accuse anyone who disagrees with them of being racist, and because the term has negative connotations that aren't easy to disprove, they gained a lot of ground and got some new found power along the way. It ultimately cost them pretty big though with this election, but instead of acknowledging it they will probably just go back to saying "racist!" once more lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Regarding the topic of is Trump racist; I found, by sheer coincidence, a small list on the matter - https://www.reddit.com/r/EnoughTrump..._why_trump_is/
    Do you believe Obama is a homophobe?

Or that Hillary is racist?

10+ Year Old Account
    apparently Trump and Obama had a decent meeting today. and what was suppose to be a meet and greet turned into policy talks.

might of been Media talk but Trump said Obama is a great man
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    One man's government tyranny is another's government salvation.
    That's not really how it works though. Tyranny is tyranny whether it personally benefits you or not, and while I can understand prioritizing your own interests over some abstract ideal of good government, at least try to keep your hypocrisy quiet.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Public Policy Polling polls Trump supporters and discovers:

60% Support banning Muslims from entering the United States
    50% Support the Confederate flag hanging on the capital grounds
    30% Support shutting down all mosques in the United States
    30% Wish the South won the civil war
    25% Islam should be illegal in the United States
    25% Support the policy of Japanese Internment
    20% Support banning homosexuals from entering the United States
    10% Say Whites are a superior race"

Lol, what the hell?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    IMO what we are seeing from the left is some new type of McCarthyism, where pretty much they accuse anyone who disagrees with them of being racist, and because the term has negative connotations that aren't easy to disprove, they gained a lot of ground and got some new found power along the way. It ultimately cost them pretty big though with this election, but instead of acknowledging it they will probably just go back to saying "racist!" once more lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you believe Obama is a homophobe?

Or that Hillary is racist?

Gay marriage was passed under Obama whatever he said before. If Trump becomes a champion for minority rights over the next four years then I'll forgive him and consider him a changed man. But right now that's not the trump we're dealing with.

As for Hillary, I've always had great reservations about Hillary, maybe brushed off more shady things I'd heard about her than I should have. Her main selling point to me was that she was not Trump, because that is the degree to which I feel Trump threatens democracy and the lives of his citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    If people chose that for themselves, that is their choice, yes. But a lot of these polices, for instance Pence's, was instead of funding for HIV/AIDS treatment, he wanted to put money into gay conversion therapy. A lot of the clientele are kids, not adults, whose parents force them to go.

As for religious conversion, I am going to have to call BS on that. It's like saying you can change your hair color by wishing it was a different color.

If you want to find out more about it, you can read of a person's experience here:

I went undercover at a gay Christian conversion camp
    http://www.dailydot.com/via/undercov...nversion-camp/

Or watch a documentary on it:

That article is disturbing, but anecdotal. I agree that the government shouldn't be funding this. Is Pence for having kids subjected to this practice? If not, then it seems like there is no weight to the accusations surrounding him.
    Humans are instrinsically valuable by virtue of the kind of thing that we are, a human. We are not valuable because of our size, our stage of development, our degree of dependency, our location, or a function we can immediately perform.

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    apparently Trump and Obama had a decent meeting today. and what was suppose to be a meet and greet turned into policy talks.

might of been Media talk but Trump said Obama is a great man
    What Obama said recently about meeting with Trump is probably the first thing he has said in 8 years I truly appreciate.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    they have been better because of AWG fella, and the effects, if not tackled now, will be much worse in the long term. and i mean "tens of millions of deaths more" levels of bad.
    right now, if the paris agreement still stands, we'll reach a 2 degrees celcius increase, and that's bad. if its voided by the donald (and if he destroys the EPA and make coal mining a thing again, for reasons) we'll go to 4-6 degrees celcius increase. that will trigger a mass extintion event, in the levels of the great dying. we'll go down the toilet if Your president is as stupid as it looks
    ..... You are joking right? Just stop. Good lord.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    What Obama said recently about meeting with Trump is probably the first thing he has said in 8 years I truly appreciate.
    was hard to hear him over all the shutter sounds form the Cams lol
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    That's not really how it works though. Tyranny is tyranny whether it personally benefits you or not, and while I can understand prioritizing your own interests over some abstract ideal of good government, at least try to keep your hypocrisy quiet.
    One man's good government is another's bad government.
    There is no hypocrisy in my statement at all.

Source for trans* suicide rates going up after reassignment. AFAIK it's simply that the rates don't go down. Given how discriminated trans* people are in society it's pretty much impossible to establish a correlation. Could well be that reassignment just isn't enough to counteract the discrimination trans* people face.
    As with any small group, it's hard to get good statistics, but here is an article from the Health section of the Guardian:

Sex changes are not effective, say researchers

"For example, in a five-year study of 727 post-operative transsexuals published last year, 495 people dropped out for unknown reasons. Dr Hyde said the high drop out rate could reflect high levels of dissatisfaction or even suicide among post-operative transsexuals. He called for the causes of their deaths to be tracked to provide more evidence."

"A 1998 review by the Research and Development Directorate of the NHS Executive found attempted suicide rates of up to 18% noted in some medical studies of gender reassignment."

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...h.mentalhealth

A 2003 study:
    Persons with transsexualism, after sex reassignment, have considerably higher risks for mortality, suicidal behaviour, and psychiatric morbidity [diseased state] than the general population. Our findings suggest that sex reassignment, although alleviating gender dysphoria, may not suffice as treatment for transsexualism.
    Humans are instrinsically valuable by virtue of the kind of thing that we are, a human. We are not valuable because of our size, our stage of development, our degree of dependency, our location, or a function we can immediately perform.

Quote Originally Posted by Dire View Post
    ..... You are joking right? Just stop. Good lord.
    An increase in temperature of 6 degrees Celsius would be an extinction level event, but if we do literally nothing about it it'll happen around 2100, give or take a decade. There will be many many more presidents between now and then.

Gay marriage was passed under Obama whatever he said before. If Trump becomes a champion for minority rights over the next four years then I'll forgive him and consider him a changed man. But right now that's not the trump we're dealing with.

As for Hillary, I've always had great reservations about Hillary, maybe brushed off more shady things I'd heard about her than I should have. Her main selling point to me was that she was not Trump, because that is the degree to which I feel Trump threatens democracy and the lives of his citizens.
    I do want to add much of that list has already been discredited. I'm not about to spend an hour going over each point but for example the KKK supporting Donald Trump does not mean that Trump is a racist in the same way that a gang member voting for Obama doesn't mean Obama supports gangs. Likewise that quote:

“I’ve got black accountants at Trump Castle and Trump Plaza. Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day… . I think the guy is lazy. And it’s probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is, I believe that. It’s not anything they can control.“

Came from a disgruntled former Trump employee. It's easy to believe if you dislike Trump, but keep in mind almost anyone can say they heard someone saying something negative in a private conversation.

Another one about Trump refusing to disavow the KKK endorsement ignores pretty much all of the occasions in the past before the story got big in which Trump did disavow their endorsement, as well as all of the times after that event in which he disavowed it. The irony about that whole situation is the reporter from that one incident tried to imply that David Duke was still in the KKK despite the fact that he had not been in that group for about 25 years.

As for Trump focusing on the rights of minorities, why is that a good idea as opposed to the rights of all? In the case of females, since they are a majority..... should he place less focus on them, for example?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thresh1 View Post
    As with any small group, it's hard to get good statistics, but here is an article from the Health section of the Guardian:

Sex changes are not effective, say researchers

"For example, in a five-year study of 727 post-operative transsexuals published last year, 495 people dropped out for unknown reasons. Dr Hyde said the high drop out rate could reflect high levels of dissatisfaction or even suicide among post-operative transsexuals. He called for the causes of their deaths to be tracked to provide more evidence."

"A 1998 review by the Research and Development Directorate of the NHS Executive found attempted suicide rates of up to 18% noted in some medical studies of gender reassignment."

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...h.mentalhealth

A 2003 study:
    Persons with transsexualism, after sex reassignment, have considerably higher risks for mortality, suicidal behaviour, and psychiatric morbidity [diseased state] than the general population. Our findings suggest that sex reassignment, although alleviating gender dysphoria, may not suffice as treatment for transsexualism.
    Well the second one compares suicide rates to members of the general population. It doesn't mention by how much suicide rates go up post-transition. In any case, most people transition early so if trans* people are more likely to commit suicide and a trans* person spends most of their life post-transition, it is more likely that they will commit suicide post transition. Or perhaps trans* people who undergo the transition are more likely to be depressed, hence their choice to reassign. The point is that this is not a matter where cause and effect can be established. Until trans* people live in a tolerant and accepting society we have control to ascertain the effect of reassignment on depression and suicide rates. This is not comparable to the incredibly high suicide rates of gay conversion therapy victims.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post

I was simply pointing out the hypocrisy of the candidate and the deplorables that suckled at his racist teat.

Speaking of deplorables, Trump's already considering such people for his Cabinet positions as:

- Sarah Palin as the S'ecy of Interior. What a disaster for the environment that would be.

- Rudy Giuliani, who I’ve long regarded as one of the most authoritarian and borderline fascist mainstream figures in American political life, to be the attorney general in charge of the prosecutorial power and the FBI.

- Chris Christie, whose two top aides were just found guilty on all criminal counts around the Bridgegate scandal, in charge of the mechanisms of homeland security.

- John Bolton, one of the most sociopathic warmongers on the planet, in charge of anything.

- Jeff Sessions, hard right wingnut Alabama senator.

- Newt Gingrich for S'ecy of State.

...these are genuinely terrifying prospects.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2016-11-11 at 12:57 AM.

Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Speaking of deplorables, Trump's already considering such people for his Cabinet positions as:

- Sarah Palin as the S'ecy of Interior. What a disaster for the environment that would be.

- Rudy Giuliani, who I’ve long regarded as one of the most authoritarian and borderline fascist mainstream figures in American political life, to be the attorney general in charge of the prosecutorial power and the FBI.

- Chris Christie, whose two top aides were just found guilty on all criminal counts around the Bridgegate scandal, in charge of the mechanisms of homeland security.

- John Bolton, one of the most sociopathic warmongers on the planet, in charge of anything.

- Jeff Sessions, hard right wingnut Alabama senator.

- Newt Gingrich for S'ecy of State.

...these are genuinely terrifying prospects.
    The irony of the supposed anti establishment and anti corruption president picking some of the most establishment friendly and corrupt candidates he can find.

There's going to be some pretty quick buyer's remorse among the fence voters that ultimately handed Trump the election.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation