Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dbudd424 View Post
    So I looked at your links in google. Looks more like the left throwing a hissy fit because they lost. Also let me be honest I don't trust the left to be truthful. How many stories do we hear that ends up being false or they faked it them self.

You get stuff like this.

An 18-year-old woman of Middle Eastern descent in Louisiana said she made up a story that she was beaten by two white men who were yelling racial obscenities, according to the Acadania Advocate. She had told city police, according to a statement, that she was repeatedly struck in the back near the University of Louisiana Lafayette by the males, who she said also took her hijab and wallet and fled. Lafayette police confirmed the woman retracted her story to NBC.

Source: 'Rash of Hate Crimes' Reported Day After Trump's Election | NBC New York http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/natio...#ixzz4PhpNbRqH

Now people are assholes and will do mean shit when their side wins. We will see a good amount of that from the right but I don't believe people are being dragged through the streets because of the color of their skin and lynched and unless you can give me real proof like an arrest or news for it instead of google links with no real proof other then protest and random shit racist stuff painted on walls that could of been put their by the left.
    Those links *are* to news sites. Some reports will be false but it is pure denial to claim that all of them are. This already happened in Britain post Brexit and it's starting to happen in America. That's the reality of the situation. Ignoring people being assaulted because you "don't trust the left" is disgusting. This isn't about party lines anymore this is people's lives on the line.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    As a liberal...the safe spaces, white privilege, mansplaining, and attack of Christians while defending other religions has backfired massively. 90's political correctness died on election night and it is a new age for humanity.

As a liberal it means I am tolerant of everyone even with people I disagree with (eg KKK). Tolerance doesn't mean we let people do anything they want, but it means they are allowed to have a voice. Without a voice people turn to other avenues which are far more dangerous if they do not have an outlet.
    It's grossly unfair to blame this on liberals because their opponents fought against them. There is a culture war going on in the west and this is certainly the result, but the blame for Trump's election lies at the feet of those who voted for him. I can only hope that after four years of Trump, people will really see just how bad things still are and it will push progress even further. It's the poison being sucked out of the wound.

As a liberal...the safe spaces, white privilege, mansplaining, and attack of Christians while defending other religions has backfired massively. 90's political correctness died on election night and it is a new age for humanity.

As a liberal it means I am tolerant of everyone even with people I disagree with (eg KKK). Tolerance doesn't mean we let people do anything they want, but it means they are allowed to have a voice. Without a voice people turn to other avenues which are far more dangerous if they do not have an outlet.
    Political correctness is and always has been a two sided coin, it's just that liberals these days are dumb enough to believe that they're the only ones guilty of it and walking back every single position they hold, while conservatives continue to expand the list of things you're not allowed to say lest you offend their precious sensibilities. Our country is now being led by a guy who couldn't fucking make money selling steaks. Americans love steak, I just fucking ate one and it was glorious. I will continue to buy them regardless of the political positions of whoever is selling them to me. If you can't make that work, what kind of businessman are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    It's grossly unfair to blame this on liberals because their opponents fought against them.
    But we can certainly throw a lot of blame on neoliberals that have infected the Democratic Party. (Speaking of which have any posted here? The ones that have crowed about a Clinton victory and the likelihood of her abandonment of liberal agenda in favor of Wall Street friendly policies...? Because they were part of the big reasons of a Trump victory)

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Why judge? Just skip straight to sentence... by social media.
    Oh, my bad :-)
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

LOL . The wiki page for the 2020 elections actually has Kanye West as a potential candidate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Are you proposing to distribute votes by land area?
    Yes but they are all shoved into giant shoe boxes, and people who live in Philadelphia are totally different people with totally different needs than the rest of the state. Its like trying to say people from London have the same needs as a tribal village in Ethiopia, so yes votes should be weighted based on the amount of land in the voting district (not based on the amount of land owned by an individual) If there is 1 shower in an apartment building, all of the tenants could use it. If there was 1 shower in a cornfield in Bird in Hand PA, maybe one person could use it, since everyone lives a mile apart. So people who live in Bird in Hand, Pa need their own reps to fight the reps in Philadelphia for funds.

People who dont live in Philadelphia are sick of seeing 75% of their tax money going to Philadelphia to pay for stupid cultural shit like rehabbing the Art Museum, building Sports Stadiums (Phillies and Eagle both got subsidized new stadiums in the last 10 years), manicuring the cityscape, propping up the zoo, and we are tired of propping up SEPTA because if they charged the actual cost of a ride on the city busses and trolleys, nobody would ride and it would collapse and the big bad union wont stand for that so they bribe the legislatures for funds.

Perhaps we should make them do what most poor people do when they need money and sell some shit. They could get at least 2 million dollars for that stupid rocky statue.
    Last edited by Orlong; 2016-11-11 at 04:08 PM.

So, I read that, theoretically, the Electoral Collage could... overrule...? the vote, and Hillary could still become president? IS that true? Didn't find anything to support this claim...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Yeah, got some bad news: if you handed out votes based on population, Philly would still choose for you. They don't have all those votes because of their cityness, but because of all them people living there.
    I mean based on population per county. Like Philadelphia county gets 10 EC votes since they have over 1 million people. Counties with 5000 - 999,999 people get 5 votes, counties with 250,000 - 499,999 get 3 votes, counties with 100,000 - 249,999 people get 2 votes and counties with less than 100,000 get 1 vote

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    So, I read that, theoretically, the Electoral Collage could... overrule...? the vote, and Hillary could still become president? IS that true? Didn't find anything to support this claim...
    That would be true except that 48 states have passed their own law requiring the state to vote the way the people voted when the electoral college commences. And the other 2 proportion their electoral votes based on district

Yeah, that's what the EC was created for, to override the masses if it had to. But that's not going to happen in this case.

Here's an article on Vox

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politi...-clinton-trump

In the past, I have warned of the risk that rogue electors could throw the outcome of a presidential election to a losing candidate. But there are many reasons why it’s not going to happen this year.

1) The Trump state electors are Republican Party stalwarts or activists chosen during state party deliberations — check out this excellent Politico feature “The People Who Pick the President” to see who some of them are. Almost always, the parties do a good enough job of vetting their respective electoral slates to ensure that they will indeed loyally back their party’s presidential nominee.

The Republican Party clearly ended up falling behind Trump, and any Republican elector who abandons him would be defying the will of not only their state’s voters but also the party generally. And while there actually are some Trump skeptics who are electors, they’ve pretty much all said they’d affirm the results in their states.

2) Trump now looks likely to end up with 306 electors to Clinton’s 232. So it’s not as if one or two electors could make the difference. Thirty-seven electors would have to desert Trump to deprive him of his majority. That’s a lot.

3) These electors wouldn’t just have to desert Trump. Simply depriving Trump of 270 votes without giving Clinton herself 270 would throw the election to the GOP-controlled House of Representatives, which is certain to award the presidency to Trump. To prevent Trump’s election, they’d all have to affirmatively back Clinton.

Keep in mind that hardly any of even Trump’s strongest critics in the GOP went so far as to actually endorse Hillary Clinton over him. Mitt Romney, Jeb Bush, John Kasich, Lindsey Graham, John McCain, and George W. Bush all refused to go so far, saying instead they’d vote for no one or write in somebody else.

4) Any large-scale defections from Trump would surely be disputed by his supporters in those states, who may well just send in a conflicting set of electoral votes. And an 1887 law holds that if states send in multiple conflicting sets of electoral college votes, Congress gets to vote on which ones to recognize. The Republican-controlled Congress would obviously not go along with an attempt by electors to steal the presidency for Hillary Clinton.

5) Hillary Clinton has conceded the election and recognized Donald Trump as the winner. There is no sign that she would go along with or participate in this endeavor.

6) Most importantly, there are democratic norms. The broader reason we’ve only had nine faithless electors in the past 80 years or so, despite the enormous power they seem to have, is that it’s widely believed that picking the president isn’t their job anymore. Their job is to affirm the results in their states.

In summary, what people are talking about is getting 37 Republican Party activists expected to vote for Trump to essentially steal the election for Hillary Clinton in defiance of the will of the people in their states and the widely recognized rules of the presidential contest, even though Clinton herself doesn’t want them to. Not going to happen.

If this actually happened, it would almost surely end in disaster
    Many progressives and liberals are clearly unhappy with the outcome of this election and fearful of a Trump presidency, and understandably so.
    Last edited by Independent voter; 2016-11-11 at 04:13 PM.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Not after the fact they cant, but they could have. The EC could have completely ignored the voters if they wanted to and gave their EC count to Harambe.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Not after the fact they cant, but they could have. The EC could have completely ignored the voters if they wanted to and gave their EC count to Harambe.
    A dead monkey would lead this country better than the candidates we had to choose from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post

That would be true except that 48 states have passed their own law requiring the state to vote the way the people voted when the electoral college commences. And the other 2 proportion their electoral votes based on district
    True and false. The EC could still defy state law and go their own way. They wouldnt if they are smart and like living on this planet, but they still could and the states would have to take it to court, and by then, the EC choice would have been in office for a couple of years already.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Attacking Christianity while defending other religions makes sense though, as attacking Christianity is about putting it back in its place as a personal thing that shouldn't get a special say in government, while defending other religions is about keeping them from being trampled underfoot by an almost entirely Christian population.
    That is hypocrisy because other religions are getting a special say in government while Christianity is not. Imagine if Christianity was getting special say in the ME countries or Israel. How would the local people feel?

Democracies are made up of majorities and if a religion is a majority or a significant minority then it can not be blasted every step of the way. Or else people will vote with their wallets, feet or the ballot box.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    It's grossly unfair to blame this on liberals because their opponents fought against them. There is a culture war going on in the west and this is certainly the result, but the blame for Trump's election lies at the feet of those who voted for him. I can only hope that after four years of Trump, people will really see just how bad things still are and it will push progress even further. It's the poison being sucked out of the wound.
    The world is not about fairness. There is no such thing as a "culture war". Liberals proclaim to have "won" it, but historically what happens is that cultural norms swing around like a pendulum. Liberals took the cultural war and 90's political correctness too far while ignoring REAL problems.

FDR would be rolling his grave seeing liberals attack unions left and right by supporting mega free trade deals.

That is hypocrisy because other religions are getting a special say in government while Christianity is not. Imagine if Christianity was getting special say in the ME countries or Israel. How would the local people feel?

Democracies are made up of majorities and if a religion is a majority or a significant minority then it can not be blasted every step of the way. Or else people will vote with their wallets, feet or the ballot box.
    How are other religions getting a special say?

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Political correctness is and always has been a two sided coin, it's just that liberals these days are dumb enough to believe that they're the only ones guilty of it and walking back every single position they hold, while conservatives continue to expand the list of things you're not allowed to say lest you offend their precious sensibilities. Our country is now being led by a guy who couldn't fucking make money selling steaks. Americans love steak, I just fucking ate one and it was glorious. I will continue to buy them regardless of the political positions of whoever is selling them to me. If you can't make that work, what kind of businessman are you?
    First, political correctness is fueled by the concept of original sin which is from the same Christianity many liberals ironically show contempt for.

Ditch the idea of blame game, and labeling people and start arguing real issues like green energy, poverty, meat consumption, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Other religions should not be getting a special say in government either, but I don't see where that is happening in the US (and if it's happening elsewhere, that's an entirely different topic). They have virtually no influence in this country of any kind. People just fall all over themselves complaining about Muslims getting privileged because they're told to stop calling them terrorists or acting like the worst of the Middle East is representative of all of Islam when we have perfectly nice, peaceful, wonderful Muslims living in this country right next door to us.
    Minority religions in the US qualify for special protections and provisions. On one hand that is in the spirit of American ideals to protect the oppressed and the minority. But on the other hand special treatment for anyone causes resentment.

That is why affirmative action has been so divisive in this country.

Protecting minorities is important to America, but at the same time you can not ignore the majority. Democracies MUST cater to the majority to survive. Period.

Ignoring the say of the majority implies you no longer have a democracy.

10+ Year Old Account

Every time someone makes an argument like this, and I ask for an example, it always turns out that it's not those other religions getting any "special say", it's just that Christian groups are being denied a special privilege they had no right to get in the first place, like mandating that courts not have religious messaging that favors a particular religion on their property.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    How are other religions getting a special say?
    They are giving top priority when emigrating to the U.S. compared to Christians from the same regions or from Christian dominated countries.

- - - Updated - - -

Minority religions need special protections because the one non-minority religion is filled with people who keep trying to trample them underfoot. Despite what people may say, I don't think most people are terribly interested in trying to force Christian churches to perform same-sex marriages or Christian women to get abortions, but by the same token, whether it's legally allowed or not, it's improper for them to take their religious beliefs to deny nonbelievers those things. However, when you try to tell them that last part, they start complaining about being persecuted because the United States is moving away from a de facto Christian nation to a more modern and secular one. We can absolutely make a nation that protects their beliefs while protecting the nonbeliefs of others, but that's not good enough for them. They want everyone to live under what is for all intents and purposes Christian rule, according to the popular interpretation of Christianity in the United States.

Having said that, there are certainly Christians out there not engaging in such shenanigans. I know plenty myself. It just doesn't change the behavior of the rest of them.
    The U.S. and European Christians don't actively try to trample on other religious groups. As vocal and as stupid as Fundemental Christians are in the U.S. they do not engage in a level of disruption to minorities seen 99% of the world.

In fact, the most conservative of Christian groups are actually pro active and supportive in different means (eg Mormons).

Not all Christians are brimstone, fire and detruction end off days Baptists. And most Baptists are of closer to Lutheran/Protestant teaching anyways.

Do you know of any Christian group in the US pushing the idea of Calivnism to trample on not only religious minority but anyone that is poor?

Catholics are the most political of all Christian groups, but that wasn't always the case until they were forced their by government (eg birth control). Evangelicals in the US were the most politically active, but again they tend to be a loose coalition of Christian groups and they do not agree on anything.

Orthodox Christian and Seventh Day Adevntists are more insular and private but don't openly trample minorities either.
    Last edited by Mafic; 2016-11-11 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Absolutely a loaded question, much in the same way the article you posted lists "the KKK voting for Trump" as a reason why Trump is racist. And the idea of having to condemn the KKK every time they are mentioned is silly. You for example, didn't really start making negative references to the KKK until your third sentence in that paragraph lol, does that mean that you don't think they are that bad? Trump has been asked about the KKK a bunch of times and has disavowed them, he doesn't have to give a lengthy diatribe every time he's asked.

It's only built on racism to outsiders. This video breaks down pretty well why he won:
    My die hard liberal friend posted this video, he even knows it true, this is exactly why Trump won. Liberals get into their little groups and think everyone believes the shit they are saying.

Kind of "off" from the current discussion chain but posted this on Reddit.

The problem I have with the whole thing is that the jobs many voted for Trump over won't be coming back at all. If the factory reopens, it would be another one running on a light staff with mostly automation.

I live in rural America. I live in a town that was decimated by local factories and plants closing down. And when you try to talk to these people, they legitimately believe that Trump can come through with his promise of golden ponies for all, can reopen those plants, and that every economist (and there's been an assload) and everyone who says they can't are just corporate shills that are lying and Trump is the only one telling the truth.

This election hit so close to home because of that. I've been alienated from my family because of trying to tell them the truth. They believe Trump can make good on his deals, that he's anti establishment, and discussion about the Supreme Court issue or his possible cabinet result in almost physical assault when they realize they may actually be wrong for even half a second.

All many Trump supporters see is anger. Not always racism or homophobia or xenophobia. But they voted and are blinded by anger at life. Anger that the establishment failed their rural towns. Anger that those glorious union jobs their parents had are gone forever. Trump harnessed that and rolled his way into office.

It doesn't matter how constructively you try to talk to a lot of these people, they don't want to hear it. But if and when it's finally revealed that Trump can't do it, there's going to be an immediate mass turn of heads and sense of dread when they realize they messed up.

I understand why they voted the way they did, but disagreed, and it's a shame that it led to this. The Dems need to tap back into this group and get them back on the right track. They're the first ones who will be so heavily punished when Trump doesn't come through, or worse, does come through on his tax plans and they realize they're the first who will suffer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Every time someone makes an argument like this, and I ask for an example, it always turns out that it's not those other religions getting any "special say", it's just that Christian groups are being denied a special privilege they had no right to get in the first place, like mandating that courts not have religious messaging that favors a particular religion on their property.
    I already cited emigration as an example.

The US is about the separation of church and state. You are not technically allowed to show preferential treatment for any religion or have dominant religion as a head of state. The loophole is the US also wants to protect the oppressed. This is how minority religions gain access to special privileges.

I am arguing the US should be holding dear to the separation of church and state .....no religion whether majority or minority should be given special privileges by the government.
    Last edited by Mafic; 2016-11-11 at 04:56 PM.