10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    That's exactly what I've been arguing for this whole time.
    Well then I doubt it very much. I don't want to say this is a naive view but it strikes me that this sort of thing has a tendency to get out of hand. I very much doubt itll be case where the same amount of people are stopped but it's just that a higher percentage of them will be Muslims.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    I think that people are recognising that. It is just a shock because Trump's platform is so hateful, that it was hard to envision anyone losing to him. Even Hillary. Now millions of women, racial minorities and LGBTQIA members are finding themselves in an America where it seems that one in every two members of the voting public hates them. That's how it seems to a lot of people and it's hard to digest.
    This exactly. It's hard waking up, knowing that all this progress we made in recent years could be reversed. Even worse, people know about it and don't even care.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Well then I doubt it very much. I don't want to say this is a naieve view but it strikes me that this sort of thing has a tendency to get out of hand. I very much doubt itll be case where the same amount of people are stopped but it's just that a higher percentage of them will be Muslims.
    We can have extreme punishments for that kind of thing, if you like. I don't see why a flat amount more of people would be stopped simply by changing the profiling method.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    What does it matter? You don't get to discriminate against a whole group of people, based on what a negligible minority of it did. Not to mention that what you called "leftist nonsense" is actually a fact:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/non-mus...merica/5333619

In terms of the number of kills, they seem pretty close, if you throw out the 9/11 outlier, which wasn't even committed by American Muslims.
    See we can admit that those views probably come from a person who has not been oppressed or profiled.

The solution to the problem of profiling an entire group for a small fraction is what causes problems. For black population, the mistrust in police. In Muslim communities if you marginalize them more. You will surely radicalize more.

You are missing the point. He has built a platform on racism and that has legitimised people with even more extreme views than him. People are committing hate crimes in his name. Even if he does not approve he has still given rise to this and if he wants people to not associate him with these crimes he needs to join us in actively fighting against them.
    No, you are missing the point. If you are going to blame anybody for these crimes, I recommend blaming the criminal.

I don't have any more time to answer your hysterics. I hope you and your friends calm down soon.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    We can have extreme punishments for that kind of thing, if you like. I don't see why a flat amount more of people would be stopped simply by changing the profiling method.
    Because now you've got en entire ethnic group you can profile with impunity. It need not stop at a dozen muslims or whatever figure they have. In total it may very well be more. To be clear i'm not arguing we shouldn't stop people. It's just we have to be very very careful about how and why we do it. This is true for muslims as it is for any group. The devil is in the details.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    No, you are missing the point. If you are going to blame anybody for these crimes, I recommend blaming the criminal.

I don't have any more time to answer your hysterics. I hope you and your friends calm down soon.
    Obviously first and foremost. But who emboldened that criminal. When people are spraying trump graffiti on crime scenes you have to accept that Trump gave rise to what is happening.

Didn't stop and frisk disproportional effect blacks? Why would this be any different. I might go look up police interactions by race later before and after stop and risk but playing video games at the moment.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2016-11-11 at 09:09 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I mostly have a hard time understanding how people can actually think Hillary is worse than Trump.
    I know that you have a hard time understanding that. 515 pages of people have a hard time understanding that. I had a hard time understanding Comey's congressional testimony when he said that she was factually guilty of mishandling classified information, and in the same breath said he just wasn't going to prosecute her for it.

Both candidates should have been so galling as to never appear at a debate let alone be made the nominee(s). I didn't support Trump, but I sure as hell understand the average American's motivation to actively undermine Hillary Clinton. The entirety of this situation is laughable and hopefully ushers in a new age of high quality Nixon-era National Lampoonery.

Deleted
    Obviously first and foremost. But who emboldened that criminal. When people are spraying trump graffiti on crime scenes you have to accept that Trump gave rise to what is happening.
    Might want to take an introduction class into false flagging, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    The video went right over your head, the 100 millions that did not vote went over your head. Trump took the opportunity the democrats gave him and thats all there is to it. Same went and is still going over in europe, the right rise on the opportunity they are given. When you walk in your college and are told you catn go in a certain section because you arent X demographic, you are exactly the same thing you pretend to fight. When you work harder and are poorer than what you used to be 20 years ago. This should be addressed reasonably by every single political party, it just happens that the only ones that actually do it are the right that simply use the fear of situations. The left simply gloss over it, because up until recently it was impossible for the world to not stay on its liberal swing. Just like the democrats did not even realize losing was even a possibility, even on the last day. All the corporate media and the "elites" thought it was a sure victory.

Also the "important" issues arent, they are the results of the important issue. The lower the quality of life, the worse it will get. You dont address the issue they have, you tell them they are racist for blaming immigrants and such, but thats all they are always told. One side tells them immigrants causes their problem. Other side just tells them they are all racist deplorable, who are you gona side with?

Give them a non status quo candiate and the left will win again.
    I think it has more to do with the fact that Hillary did not have a large base of enthusiastic voters as Trump did. So she could not fall back on her base as Trump did, when her favorability tanked.

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    Didn't stop and frisk disproportional effect blacks? Why would this be any different.
    That isn't increasing the amount of people stopped, as he was arguing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CantStumpTheTrump View Post
    Might want to take an introduction class into false flagging, lol.
    If you're only argument against something is that it must be false, you're ceding that it is indefensible.

10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't but I imagine if I was Black or Muslim I'd have an objection to it. Their is the risk that such individuals will be persecuted. Again to be clear I don't think that means we shouldn't stop people at air ports but it's a very fine line.

My wife who works for the CDC reminded me today that now the CDC has to answer to an anti-vaxer conspiracy nutjob. GG America, GG.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Doesn't seem like it was as much to keep Clinton out as it was a bunch of the poor buying into Trump's promise to bring jobs to them (16% swing compared to 2012).
    I understand that you need this narrative to be a thing so that the culprits can be "them thar hillbillies". Anecdotally, acquaintances of mine that later became Trump advocates were openly laughing at the idea of his even having a platform, let alone delivering on 1% of these campaign promises. These are just people in their 30's who have spent the majority of their life mired in a country they perceive to be influenced by a Machiavellian/Clintonian political dynasty in the making... or what was, as it were.

In any case, he's the President-elect and soon to be President. What can be said? We should all be hoping he is full of surprises and turns out to be the greatest President history has seen. I'm not interested in having a tantrum because an orange buffoon took office over a career politician with a litany of criminal scandal behind her.

Quote Originally Posted by Calcatrix View Post
    This exactly. It's hard waking up, knowing that all this progress we made in recent years could be reversed. Even worse, people know about it and don't even care.
    Yup, its heartbreaking.

We probably have numbers on stop and frisk those would probably answer the question for both sides. I am pretty sure there have been other implications of stop and frisk like policies and that shit probably documented. Why not post that rather than use conjecture.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2016-11-11 at 09:31 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I mostly have a hard time understanding how people can actually think Hillary is worse than Trump.
    I don't think it's about Hillary being seen as worse per say. I think this election was a demonstration of the fact that much of the American public is un-ideological. Their only care is putting food on the table and Trump was the anti-establishment candidate promising new jobs, so that's who they voted for. White, Christian, Blue Collar workers don't see the fight against bigotry going on, they see their own struggles. Hillary as good as said that she had no interest in changing their situation so they didn't vote for her.

The 2020 democratic candidate needs to promise change, promise jobs and promise to fight discrimination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    See we can admit that those views probably come from a person who has not been oppressed or profiled.

The solution to the problem of profiling an entire group for a small fraction is what causes problems. For black population, the mistrust in police. In Muslim communities if you marginalize them more. You will surely radicalize more.
    Absolutely. I mean, I understand the reasoning of people who favor safety over freedom, but it more often backfires than not. People say, "You are all about feelings, while my position is pragmatic" - but it isn't pragmatic to discriminate against a group of people and expect that it will increase safety. What is pragmatic is to invest in preventing terrorism by more indirect means; such crude solutions as some posters around here propose will only lead to crude outcomes.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.