Page 48 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowleyXIV View Post
    Is there a big group of people who cares about world first race? In that relation is there a really alot people who would quit?
    The 48 pages of discussion this topic has generated in less than a week over a raid with only 3 bosses should indicate that yes, people do actually care a bit about the WF race. As for people quitting if it's "too easy," I doubt anybody would do that. And I think Blizzard is cognizant of this anyway and tries to keep raid dungeons appropriately difficult to prevent this from happening.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    The 48 pages of discussion this topic has generated in less than a week over a raid with only 3 bosses should indicate that yes, people do actually care a bit about the WF race. As for people quitting if it's "too easy," I doubt anybody would do that. And I think Blizzard is cognizant of this anyway and tries to keep raid dungeons appropriately difficult to prevent this from happening.
    I'm sure some ppl will quit if its to easy, on the other hand, i reckon more ppl will quit if its actually tuned to hard to a level that the top guilds have a really hard time, and then the lesser guilds hit brickwalls until nerfs come, especially if Blizz keep going the way of (as it seems now in ToV) to tune bosses quite close to the ilvl they drop, in earlier expansions the top guilds came to end bosses relatively "undergeared" (Heroic drops mostly, with a few Mythic pieces from the bosses they cleared), now they come geared to the teeth in a avg ilvl thats around the ilvl that a boss actually drops, which means that lower guilds will have less wiggle room to overcome the tuning by just getting more gear then that the top guilds had at their disposal they killed it, which in my opinion might lead to more ppl quitting in lower ranked guids.

As for interest in the WF race, surely there is interest, i would however be very surprised if more then 1-2% of the total amount of WoW players (excluding the players that compete in the WF race, who are ofc very interested in it) are actually very interested in it. They might pickup the news somewhere about who killed what first, but the number of players that actually follow the race quite close seems to be quite small.
    Last edited by chronia; 2016-11-20 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    I'm sure some ppl will quit if its to easy, on the other hand, i reckon more ppl will quit if its actually tuned to hard to a level that the top guilds have a really hard time, and then the lesser guilds hit brickwalls until nerfs come, especially if Blizz keep going the way of (as it seems now in ToV) to tune bosses quite close to the ilvl they drop, in earlier expansions the top guilds came to end bosses relatively "undergeared" (Heroic drops mostly, with a few Mythic pieces from the bosses they cleared), now they come geared to the teeth in a avg ilvl thats around the ilvl that a boss actually drops, which means that lower guilds will have less wiggle room to overcome the tuning by just getting more gear then that the top guilds had at their disposal they killed it, which in my opinion might lead to more ppl quitting in lower ranked guids.
    That's one of the fundamental challenges of creating a balanced raid instances. Blizzard has to make sure the encounters are tuned to be difficult enough that the best guilds can't just faceroll them (see: Xavius) but also not so punishingly difficult as to dissuade players from ever trying to step foot in the instance (see: SWP).

I think for the most part Blizzard has been doing a pretty good job and I always enjoy participating in the WF banter threads that pop up at the beginning of every tier.

And we have a 4th! French squad at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grats to them. Well done, and that after the bans. See they didnt need that, and hoped they learned their lesson. GZ again.

Deleted
    makes you wonder if they would have gotten the WF without Bans

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbarea View Post
    what if guldan will die in 1 day?
    Probably will

Still no US first.... LUL

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Still no US first.... LUL

3/3

Seems now we do have a US First with Limit Downing Helya, which is also the 5th kill, so movies might get released now.

Nice work Limit. from 10th in EN to 5th in ToV. GZ!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowleyXIV View Post
    Is there a big group of people who cares about world first race? In that relation is there a really alot people who would quit?
    Just treat them as two separate groups. The former certainly wouldn't quit, mostly because World First guild are on entirely separate level from 99% of population. Even going past Top 10, there's already a gap in dedication, so if content is "trivial" to those people, it certainly isn't for vast majority. Then you get various bugfixes, changes to make bosses behave like "intended" (ranging from blatant exploits, to Il'gynoth like "it shouldn't be possible to do X"), inability to stack FotM classes and so on. Such people think "Well, it was trivial for Method, but for us it will still take few months".

The second group, however... Those are the people who rush to forums after every single nerf. Even after a mere rumor, they are out there, waiting to blame casuals for the inevitable downfall of raiding world. Doesn't matter if they didn't even see boss pre-nerf - it's a slap to the face and they will totally quit over that. Sure they said that ten times before, but this time they totally mean it.

For a significant group to drop the game over it being too easy, it would have to be a massive change. Say, total removal of Mythic difficulty or something. Which obviously isn't happening anytime soon.

US guild in top10 is this real ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mohoots View Post
    Then ill probably quit this game like most people would.... Its not worth being a progression raider when tiers last 5 days.... I mean shit we cleared EN week 1 in 27 hours of raid time.... as a 4 day guild who added 1 1/2 raid days once we saw how joke EN was.....

Tiers should take the 24/7 raid guilds 2 weeks and 4 day raid guilds like us 3-4 weeks..
    Says who?
    That is your opinion.

I think tiers are fine as they are now and i've been in the run for realm and world ranks in WOTLK, game has changed for the better now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Says who?
    That is your opinion.

I think tiers are fine as they are now and i've been in the run for realm and world ranks in WOTLK, game has changed for the better now.
    Heroic Rag, Mimeron, Lich King, Those were real fights..

Xavius 25 pull LOL was not. Helya is a step in the right direction back to making Raiding great again.... but We don't need more Xavius lol bosses.

Helya is a step in the right direction back to making Raiding great again.... but We don't need more Xavius lol bosses.
    Xavius was an outlier, raiding has been getting consistently better and harder, lol @ people still living in the "glory days".

Quote Originally Posted by EruptorNZ View Post
    Xavius was an outlier, raiding has been getting consistently better and harder, lol @ people still living in the "glory days".
    Not living in the past just wished they would stick to what they had going for them with bosses like Heroic Rag.. I liked the way they did Blackhand and Archimonde where they were initially tuned Brutally then nerfed 4-5 weeks in. So cutting edge guilds got a chance to face the real deal before the floodgates opened post nerf. Or even a system like ICC where you gained a buff every week to a brutally tuned boss.

Not living in the past just wished they would stick to what they had going for them with bosses like Heroic Rag.. I liked the way they did Blackhand and Archimonde where they were initially tuned Brutally then nerfed 4-5 weeks in. So cutting edge guilds got a chance to face the real deal before the floodgates opened post nerf. Or even a system like ICC where you gained a buff every week to a brutally tuned boss.
    Helya works exactly like this. The 'nerf' will be when people get Nighthold gear. Progress didn't last long because we`re already near the gearcap. 5~ ilevel below max, compared to the usual 10-15~. It was still very challenging.
    Last edited by Justwait; 2016-11-21 at 12:42 PM.

US top 5 on 3 boss raid, so we just need 1 boss raid and US might get world first?