Thread: Random Wishes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    My wish is pretty simple... I really want there to be cures for all the major illnesses. All forms of cancer, AIDS, Type 1 Diabetes... etc.

As a Type 1 Diabetic myself. I honestly can't imagine my life without taking my insulin. If I was suddenly cured of it... I'd probably still take my blood sugar habitually just because it's been ingrained in me since I was 8. 20 years of it... every single damn day... it's a long time to live with something. In the last 20 years... with an average of 3 injections a day. I've stabbed myself at least 29,000 times :P That's not including blood sugar tests... which I do about 4-8 times a day. That's a lot of needles, and blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post
    It's disturbing the way people are so openly anti-life and anti-human that statements like "I wish there were 4 billion less people in existence" passes as reasonable.

OT: I wish for a world in which every person had education in the humanities, particularly philosophy and theology, to prevent insanity like the above from passing as well-intentioned and utopian.
    It is reasonable because it is sustainable. We have overpopulation (not in terms of not having enough land - everyone could fit a small island even) - it drains our resources and pretty much creates potential issues. Imagine the crises we could have from a climate catastrophe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    My wish is pretty simple... I really want there to be cures for all the major illnesses. All forms of cancer, AIDS, Type 1 Diabetes... etc.

As a Type 1 Diabetic myself. I honestly can't imagine my life without taking my insulin. If I was suddenly cured of it... I'd probably still take my blood sugar habitually just because it's been ingrained in me since I was 8. 20 years of it... every single damn day... it's a long time to live with something. In the last 20 years... with an average of 3 injections a day. I've stabbed myself at least 29,000 times :P That's not including blood sugar tests... which I do about 4-8 times a day. That's a lot of needles, and blood.
    Yes, some illnesses I wish would go away, but I think hardship in life is a good thing. We need contrast in life, really.

Sorry to hear. I hate needles. I used to almost faint when I got them years ago, but last few months I've gotten accustomed to blood tests.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Those really thick plastic anti theft packages? The ones you can barely open? I wish they would go away.

Here's a picture of someone cutting such a package open with cutters.
    I can open them with my bare hands and I have arthritis, the key is get so angry you hulk out, though sometimes when the pack rips the contents go flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Those really thick plastic anti theft packages? The ones you can barely open? I wish they would go away.

Here's a picture of someone cutting such a package open with cutters.
    I use a razor blade and it's out in a jiff.

Deleted
    I wish I were Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirkzat View Post
    Do you have any random wishes? Things you would love to be real in an ideal world.

Here are some of mine:

1. Europe being a separate landmass from Asia with the same shape and islands as now. This magical continent of ours would have saved many of our ancestors and possibly even many of our descendants in the future.

2. World population of about 2-3 billion or less than that. This overcrowding is absolutely depressing; people are sheep and stupid.

3. Complete destruction of modern architecture in Europe, and prohibition of the same. I would love to be the lead of such a glorious project. Imagine the technological progress we'd make by inventing weapons specifically targeting and pulverizing such buildings in a fast and effective way...
    Mine is
    1. Wishing people weren't racist
    2. People not believing the world is over populated myth

We get student wages here, which you can live off of. You can also work but not much at all to supplement.
    Did you say student wages?
    *burns canadian flag, runs to Scandinavia*

10+ Year Old Account
    that i could realize my dream of baking a potato.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Did you say student wages?
    *burns canadian flag, runs to Scandinavia*
    Absolutely. Free university and you get money on a monthly basis. That absolutely rocks!

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    I wish we were in a post-work era. People make art and music and study because they want to, not because they need to get a good job to not go homeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post

2. World population of about 2-3 billion or less than that. This overcrowding is absolutely depressing; people are sheep and stupid.
    See this is why Jojo the Genie isn't answering any of our wishes. We're contradicting each other. Get rid of all illnesses, the population is just going to swell even more and cause new problems.

Unless we get rid of the illnesses, but replace them with something worse, like dinosaurs with jetpacks.

Well I've found my wish.

http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/20p20/
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I wish there was no superstition, religion or capitalism. Only half wishing for no capitalism because I am a hypocrite and love supermarkets at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I wish women would stop dyeing their hair that awful maroon color.
    The realest. The motherfucking realest.