Netgear + Windows 10

Sorry if this thread already exists somewhere.

I accidently bought some netgear product over the weekend - a wireless dongle for my GFs computer. I didn't realise that Netgears drivers completely and utterly rape windows 10 into submission. After completely reinstalling windows 10 on the computer after said drivers (quote) "...removed Windows10s ability to detect USB drivers..." and completely fucked over the system as it was I'm left with whenever I turn on the computer instead of a 45-50 second boot up and off we go I have about a 90 second boot up as it has a hissy fit over missing drivers and I have to spend about 3-4 minutes running troubleshooters on my old dongle and reinstalling its drivers every time I boot up (only takes 2-3 minutes but still kinda a pain in the ass seeing as everything worked fine last Friday. Getting a bit fed up with it and was wondering if there was a way to, permanently have a driver ready for this dongle I have or if because of my ill-planned attempt to upgrade her wireless I'm left with essentially a "broken" computer.

I went on the Netgear forums and apparently this is a known issue for a few years now and theres nothing microsoft or netgear are doing about it. Basically top voted replies are people typing in all caps "DO NOT INSTALL DRIVERS FOR THIS DEVICE IF YOU USE WINDOWS 10 OR KISS YOUR COMPUTER GOODBYE" or people saying "Unfortunately I, too, have installed the drivers for this dongle and now my copy of windows 10 is fucked....."

Anyone got any helpful tips that might save me some daily curses for any and all things associated with Netgear or am I doomed to waste 5 minutes every time I boot up the computer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I'm sorry I've never heard of this in my several years now of using Windows 10. What Netgear dongle at you using? I have a Netgear dongle myself, a rather advanced one with dual band support that has been working fine on win 10 stand-alone drivers for quite awhile.

Edit: also, why wouldn't the windows drivers work without needing to download others?