Poll: Sephiroth vs Illidan

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Sephiroth vs Illidan Stormrage

Would would win in 1 v 1 battle? My bets on Seph

Sephiroth

VS

Illidan Stormrage

10+ Year Old Account
    Off with his head.

Illidan has fanboi armor.

Sephiroth is not a Prot Warrior so Illidan can end it in mere moments with Shear. GG.

Sephiroth takes it. Mismatch of the century. What's next? Superman vs Batman?

sephiroth would easily crush illidan, with a smile

10+ Year Old Account
    Relevant:

Sephiroth is by far one of the cruelest, most well-established villains in vidya.

Illidan on the other hand seems to have had good motives for his dick moves the entire time, so he doesn't really have what it takes to take down the one-winged angel.

Illidan can't stop this.....

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

aren't final fantasy heroes and villains on universal levels of power?

all that shit with lightning i think her name was, she like killed a god. if sephiroth is comparable to her, then it's not even remotely a challenge. sargeras would likely not win even.

7+ Year Old Account
    When Illidan gains the ability to cleave MASSIVE buildings asunder with a single swing, he MIGHT have a chance. For now though, this is not even close.

Now if you were to pit their blindly loyal fanbases against each other, that might be a much fairer match up.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    aren't final fantasy heroes and villains on universal levels of power?

all that shit with lightning i think her name was, she like killed a god. if sephiroth is comparable to her, then it's not even remotely a challenge. sargeras would likely not win even.
    Sephiroth has died and came back, he also has summoned a meteor and nearly destroyed a planet.

If I had to compare him to someone in wow on power levels, I would say hes at lease as powerful as Deathwing, If not on the scale of a old god.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Sephiroth has died and came back, he also has summoned a meteor and nearly destroyed a planet.

If I had to compare him to someone in wow on power levels, I would say hes at lease as powerful as Deathwing, If not on the scale of a old god.
    Wasn't his "mother" basically an old god?

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

well, that makes it more even. i mean, khadgar, turalyon, and alleria were able to fight deathwing. his attention was focused on gruul though, of course, but illidan's monstrously more powerful than khadgar was at the time. his fel power is such that we have to construct a special soul stone that even with its special nature, it still can't hold him indefinitely.

still think sephiroth wins, but there's now at least a chance of a freak event, being taken by surprise or momentarily overwhelmed by fel, to work in illidan's favor. after his defeats, i don't think illidan will ever again be the type to show hubris in battle and would be the type to strike lethally the first opening he sees.

Judging two fantasy characters from separate universes in terms of power always seems pointless.

So, I'll instead vote on coolness and character depth. I have to go with Sephiroth. I really like Illidan but "chosen one" stories really bother me and he doesn't seem like he has a ton of depth. He definitely ranks high on the cool factor but you can essentially sum up his story with "his brother got his girl, and he decided to use the enemy's forbidden magic against them - exiling him from his own society."

That's a reasonable level of depth for the average fantasy character, but then you take Sephiroth who really goes from this hero to unravelling his own origin and delving into madness. Not to mention just the atmosphere of all of the experiences in FF7 with Sephiroth was just better when compared to Illidan's story.

Sephi kills illy, illy goes back to the nether until he finds his way out. illy kills sephy, sephy is reborn thanks to momma jenova's latent energy. You have 2 characters, one with permanent auto phoenix down, and one with permanent battle rez. My bet is they'd get bored and duke it out in smash brothers melee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alduron View Post
    I was about to say that Jenova is remarkably Old Godish
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sephiroth's Jenova puppet could take Illidan. An actual fight between the two of them would be very one-sided. Anyone in the FFVII world capable of using a Bahamut Materia could do it. Illidan struggles with pitlords, and when you can quad-cast a giant space dragon...its not even a contest.

Quote Originally Posted by alduron View Post
    Yes she would be Old God or Titan level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    well, that makes it more even. i mean, khadgar, turalyon, and alleria were able to fight deathwing. his attention was focused on gruul though, of course, but illidan's monstrously more powerful than khadgar was at the time. his fel power is such that we have to construct a special soul stone that even with its special nature, it still can't hold him indefinitely.

still think sephiroth wins, but there's now at least a chance of a freak event, being taken by surprise or momentarily overwhelmed by fel, to work in illidan's favor. after his defeats, i don't think illidan will ever again be the type to show hubris in battle and would be the type to strike lethally the first opening he sees.
    By as strong as deathwing, I mean Cata version of Deathwing when he was empowered by a Old God. Sephiroth would win on stamina alone.

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Arthas EZ win
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.