Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Outcry over supposed 14k+ votes for Harambe

So I just read that there are rumors going around that over 14.000 people voted for Harambe through write-in votes and that people are going apeshit because of that (sorry for the pun)

But why? Some say shit like "Those could've gone to Clinton..." etc etc but guess what? They could've also gone to Jill Stein. Or Trump. Or whoever the other 3rd party guy is.

Because those votes would surely have put Hillary over the top.

10+ Year Old Account
    Votes are votes. They go to whoever the individual feels they belong to. Saying "These votes could have gone to XX Candidate" is pretty silly. No one is entitled to tell anyone who they are supposed to vote for.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    my dick was out for harambe, and will remain so.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Votes are votes. They go to whoever the individual feels they belong to. Saying "These votes could have gone to XX Candidate" is pretty silly. No one is entitled to tell anyone who they are supposed to vote for.
    Pretty much.

I mean, if it wasn't obvious, I was firmly against Trump to the point of voting Hillary, but I'm not going to shun those who voted for 3rd party or a write in. That's their choice, and in this case 14k is like a grain of sand on the beach.

I mean, my mom claims to have wrote herself in, who knows if that's true or not though.

Voting for fucking Harambe, seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    He's a better candidate than the one the two big parties put forward, I can't blame them.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    If you only get shitty choices, you migth as well.

Kenya for president 2020.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    Well they voted... :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering fucking 100 million potential voters in the US neglected to use that right, 14k for Harambe is nothing to go cray cray over.
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    This is key.

By all means attempt to persuade other people to vote but do so in a mature, logical manner. People are far more likely to shift their political opinions if they're given a compromise or are made to feel like their opinions and thoughts both matter and have weight to them. They often do - but it's easier for people to kick, scream and brand people 'bigots' or 'racists' for daring to be against complicated issues like illegal/poorly controlled immigration.

So if people protest vote or vote for a different candidate...they're free to. It's up to those who lost to consider why they lost and work out what they can do better next time around. If they continue pushing the same selfish agenda and play the blame game, though, nothing is likely to change.

Deleted
    is there any state that would have been tipped in Hillarys favor with 14k votes?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post

Kenya for president 2020.
    like.. the whole country?

14k votes would not matter that much when Clinton already won the popular vote yet still lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Elgefar View Post
    Considering fucking 100 million potential voters in the US neglected to use that right, 14k for Harambe is nothing to go cray cray over.
    Id say at least the 14k did their duty, for Harambe, so its still the higher road than not voting at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Harambe is such a biblical figure here in Murica' - you can't blame Him for Killery losing. If anything, you would blame Publicans for actually going out and voting.. I mean ffs's people, we have 250,000,000 people that can vote.. only HALF voted.. gtfo. Stop blaming my bwoy Harambe, and start looking in the mother fucking mirror!

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Harambe is such a biblical figure here in Murica' - you can't blame Him for Killery losing. If anything, you would blame Publicans for actually going out and voting.. I mean ffs's people, we have 250,000,000 people that can vote.. only HALF voted.. gtfo. Stop blaming my bwoy Harambe, and start looking in the mother fucking mirror!
    But what if the 100 millions left had voted for Harambe as well? Could he have been your independant president from the heavens?

As hilarious as that is, it seems 15,000 may be a made up number:

http://www.snopes.com/harambe-15000-votes/

I'm sure plenty of people actually did write in Harambe though.

dont forget deeznutz got some votes too

This was the year for Vermin Supreme. All you fucks let him down. For shame!