Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I just played it through, I recommend everyone to just a vid of it and skip about 95% of to spare yourself some time.
    Its nothing more than the filter&movement you saw on blizzcon and 16"maps"(4x cath, 4x HoA, 4x CorvusPassage, 4x A2Caves) with their monsters.

Its not D1 remade in D3, or anything like that
    nothing but d3 trying to look like d1
    Last edited by Violetti; 2016-11-10 at 04:24 AM.

Yeah, i tried it on PTR too and the feeling just isn't there. Run one time for the xmog and then you can safely ignore it forever.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I saw some youtube videos and no wonder is a event once per year. It look really bad, its just d3 maps with strange movement and thats all. Its nothing like Diablo 1. Seriously its all what diablofans are gonna get??

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    I saw some youtube videos and no wonder is a event once per year. It look really bad, its just d3 maps with strange movement and thats all. Its nothing like Diablo 1. Seriously its all what diablofans are gonna get??
    The devs of diablo only know how to re-use old content to make "updates"
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20362179

So... Uhh... What the hell, Blizzard? Look, I know it's an anniversary and all, but like...must you? I mean... I kind of wanted to enjoy the Diablo 1 stuff for a bit longer than just a single month. I'm sorry, this is just depressing. I don't know why.

Or have I misunderstood something? Is the "16 levels of the Cathedral, Diablo 1 bosses" -stuff they were so much hyping at BlizzCon really just a short-lived one month long event that you will never get to play again?

Way to kill the hype, I guess.
    It took me 2 hours to clear the diablo 1 dungeon and kill diablo. Was nostalgia as all hell too! The only sad part is its just Diablo 3 areas, with a grainy look. No rebuilt tristram, no accurate look to the levels. I was a bit disappointed. Would still really love a D1 / D2 HD remaster.

Who cares? It's not an actual remake of Diablo so who gives a shit if it's there or not?
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette of Seraphim View Post
    Who cares?
    You know who cares. I care. I didn't make this thread because I don't care. But you don't care about who cares, or that I care. You care about us caring that you don't care, and that's what you're actually trying to say; that you don't care, not actually trying to inquire who cares. But the question is, should I care that you don't care? Should we care that you don't care? Should anyone care that you don't care? Do you care that you don't care, or do you just not have a care in the world?

Care to reply?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was never meant to be a remake, it was meant to be a throwback.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Could still be annual. Every January it could happen... You never know.
    Yeah, might be it's an annual event. It just felt to me like a one-time thing, a bit like what they've had in WoW before expansions and during anniversaries and so on, plus when I thought about it, it didn't really make much sense to me only to have it in January in the coming years. Although, now that I think about it again, perhaps it's supposed to be like a birthday of some sorts.

If it's an annual thing, that's definitely better. Hope it is. Maybe they'll clarify it before January.

7+ Year Old Account
    It will be live every January. It's official.

Deleted
    People think its much more content then it really is.

What basicly happened is that the d3 dev team has done pretty much nothing for an entire year. Then when asked what they where presenting at blizzcon they shit their pants.

"OH CRAP WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING?" "Right...so. Ehm... new class(lets make it fast, its ready sometime in 2017 lolz). Also.... fuck it. Make some levels that looks like diablo 1 and put acrappy filter on it. Say we have been working on it for some time and put it out in january.

There you go peeps. Content for 2 years. WE ARE GREAT LOLZ

So... Uhh... What the hell, Blizzard? Look, I know it's an anniversary and all, but like...must you? I mean... I kind of wanted to enjoy the Diablo 1 stuff for a bit longer than just a single month. I'm sorry, this is just depressing. I don't know why.
    I'm pretty sure I heard them imply several times that it would be returning on the anniversary date every year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    It's still content even though it's nothing more than a fancy Rift with unique parameters. Are Rifts not considered content?
    It is content but it's nothing new. Hasn't been for a good 3 seasons now. Nothing in the game is. But worry not. In anoter 3 seasons without even a minor patch we can get a new class...

This video has been getting a lot of attention addressing the whole D1 thing in D3 and I watched it and it's 100% spot on imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB65...ature=youtu.be

worth the watch if you are curious over the frustration of everything diablo right now (even though it's title is diablo rant it's not really a rant)

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    This video has been getting a lot of attention addressing the whole D1 thing in D3 and I watched it and it's 100% spot on imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB65...ature=youtu.be

worth the watch if you are curious over the frustration of everything diablo right now (even though it's title is diablo rant it's not really a rant)
    Yeah, he puts it pretty well. The "labyrinth" is just a 16 floor rift... Run it once for the cosmetics, if you care, since all that drops there are a bunch of useless items. I mean, a gem that stuns you? Really? Oh, got stunned into Arcane Lasers/Molten/Frozen/... and died? Sorry buddy!

I just hope that this was an attempt at keeping the Diablo spark alive and they have something decent planned in the future, when they have a real team again. Not that I hold a lot of hope, Diablo interest somehow managed to take a nosedive even after the biggest content announcement we had since... Blizzcon 2014? :X

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I just watched a PTR video of it and I have to say that I'm about as impressed as I should be when it comes to Diablo 3 development. I thought it would be a more unique experience but it really is just a deeply-structured Rift with Retrovision that you'll do two, maybe three times before it drops off the map like Whimsyshire.

When I saw the portal, I was ready to see Tristram and the townsfolk alive when the streamer went through it. Shoot the shit with Farnham. Nah. Lets just half-ass it and re-use everything to the detriment of the game which we're honoring. I'm not even mad that it's a one-month, re-occurring event anymore because I'll forget about it in less than a week.

Diablo 3 just makes me so salty to the point where I literally re-installed Diablo 2 and am waiting on the ladder reset later this month.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2016-11-12 at 03:24 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20362179

Or have I misunderstood something? Is the "16 levels of the Cathedral, Diablo 1 bosses" -stuff they were so much hyping at BlizzCon really just a short-lived one month long event that you will never get to play again?

Way to kill the hype, I guess.
    I just finished the event on the PTR. There isn't enough there to warrant it being up all the time. I cleared it fairly quickly, without dying. You'll farm it plenty in a month. And then again next year, in January.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    I just finished the event on the PTR. There isn't enough there to warrant it being up all the time. I cleared it fairly quickly, without dying. You'll farm it plenty in a month. And then again next year, in January.
    you don't even need to farm it for a month, you need like 5 hours.

And then you can skip it next year

you don't even need to farm it for a month, you need like 5 hours.

And then you can skip it next year
    This ^

I'll make a lvl1 char just to hunt for the related achievemnets and once i'm done it will be forgotten (and i expect anyone else to do the same until they cannot play it this january).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    wtf do they do at diablo development?
    Nothing, the whole team got forcibly moved to work on Legion.