Gathering in Northrend bugged?

So been a while since I played but I read you can gather anything starting from a skill of 1 to make leveling it up faster by not restricting you to lowbie zones. Before my DK went off to Northrend at level 68 I picked up Herbalism and Mining to make some easy gold harvesting stuff I come across. I just hit level 71 and my combined skills of Herbalism and Mining is FIVE, thats 5 points. Yes the obvious has been done and I am tracking both of them. So why dont I see any nodes when Im out questing? When I first leveled through Northrend back when it went live I remember tripping over nodes there were so many of them. Im flying around places I know they should be and not even seeing them on the ground. In contrast, when I was leveling through Outlands I saw Nodes everywhere. However, that was before I had the skills.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    If you fly too fast, the nodes won't appear in your minimap or appear rather late, after moving forward. Nothing wrong with Northrend.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    If you fly too fast, the nodes won't appear in your minimap or appear rather late, after moving forward. Nothing wrong with Northrend.
    since when? i remember doing laps around Sholazar Basin on a 310% and nodes always appeared.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Since years. The issue appeared with the introduction of ultra-fast flying. Try the ground way, maybe you see more.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    I don't believe this, I have gatherers that I use all the time in every continent and I've never encountered this issue.

Are you sure you don't have your minimap zoomed in? That was you're not going to see much at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    since when? i remember doing laps around Sholazar Basin on a 310% and nodes always appeared.
    Latency is a big deal where nodes and turbo flying are concerned. But maybe it's something Blizzard is doing to torment you specifically.

Deleted
    Everything fine for me, just been to Sholazar.