The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Pyretic Incantation, how much of a DPS increase and how to use it?

Hey guys,

After completely fucking up and taking the AoE Phoenix Reborn first, I am finally two traits away from Pyretic Incantation. How excited should I be for this, at the moment in 840 gear at 55% crit I'm struggling to keep 200k single target but I really think that Pyretic Incantation could help, I'm just curious how to use it? Is it as fire-and-forget as I think it is or should I be cancelling it before I go into Combustion?

Thanks!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You didn't really mess up. Going for either of the two traits is basically worth the same amount of a dps increase, so don't kick yourself too hard. As far as how to use it, it's a passive bonus that stacks everytime you crit in a row, starting with your first crit. It's a monumental dps increase during your opener, because out of the 6-7 pyros you'll use during combustion, the last 3-4 will have a 25% dps increase. You should absolutely never cancel it, as there's 0 reason whatsoever to do so
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

if you use cinderstorm you do this:

cast cinderstorm, while its mid air COMBUSTION that motherfucker for instant 5 stacks and now your whole combustion rotation is increased by 25%.

other than that pyrectic is a passive and passives do passive things.