Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    More or less dead to me, since seasonal play is the same wash/rinse/repeat thing each time, no matter how many various limited-time-only rewards they offer. I always stopped after I would "complete" a build and fart around with it for a bit; once I hit that point of "I just need better versions of what I already have"...zzz. This only got worse with the introduction of ancient tier legendaries..."All I need now is ancient this-and-that".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Diablo 2 has SO MANY more things you can do compared to D3.

1. Level to 99.
    2. Make a level 90+ enchantress and help ungeared players by creating games and buffing them.
    3. Hellforge rushes for runes
    4. Farm keys.
    5. Farm annihilus.
    6. Farm lower kurast for runes.
    7. Do speedruns
    8. PvP
    9. Farm nightmare flayer jungle for grand charms, then farm gems and use the gems to reroll the grand charms for +1 skill charms.
    10. crafting
    11. ironman runs

In D3, you just do greater rifts. The end.
    Now that's an extremely unbiased and factually correct post.
    10/10 for the effort.

Sometimes I wonder how people manage to press the "Post quick reply" button after writing a text like that without asking theselves "Wait, what I just typed actually makes no sense at all and insults everybodies intelligence".
    Last edited by Dangg; 2017-04-05 at 08:51 PM.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    He also cherry picked non relevant stuff for D2 that he didn't include for D3. A more accurate representation of that list would be: "1. Baal runs""In D3, you just do greater rifts. The end."
    D2 had a very active pvp scene. If anything keeps people playing - its pvp.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Love posts like this.

"D2 had so much more to do! Like farm stuff, and also farm stuff, and you could even farm stuff! In D3 you just farm stuff!"
    yeh it's called a fucking variety, D3 is just GR simulator, if you're doing something else you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    "There was variety! You farmed stuff before you farmed stuff and then you farmed stuff! In D3 you just farm stuff and then you farm stuff! It's totally different!"

there was shitposting and shitposting, you just keep up that shitposting dude, tell us when there's more shitposting, i guess i'll know when my notifications says 1 you'll have done some meaningless shitposting!

Stop this right now.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    D2 pvp scene was shite.

Even during periods when I'm not heavily into d3, I can log in and mess around to kill half an hour. Basically the same way I play hearthstone at this point.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    D2 pvp scene was shite.
    Depends entirely on whether you were committed to it or not. You had to specialize, you had to be rich and you especially had to be an asshole 110% of the time if you really wanted to get the most out of it and, if you die, you talk mad shit about how you'll bring your level 99 character, log out and never come back...

... unless you played classic and pissed off a player who actually had a level 99 Barbarian which, at the time, was a big deal. Whoops. Sorry SwordMasterIII.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the game is quite alive.
    Last night I went into a public bounties run and there where 216 T13 players on my shard alone. Jump in/out all the time.
    Rifts/Grifts can be done in groups too but like with any other game pushing the high end stuff is better with friends.
    Personally I don't have many friends that play D3 and consider myself more of a solo player pushing grifts (for personal achievement, not competitive leaderboards) but whenever I need materials or bounties done I never ever ran into the problem of not finding any groups. I sometimes try grifts in public groups but most of the time you end up in a grift 80 speedrun group, at least that is most of my personal experience. I wouldn't count on public games to take you towards grift 100+ with 3 other random players.

The Necro probably lured a lot of old players back in too so I'd say no, the game is far from dead and in my opinion pretty popular.

Also, if you're shy on people to play with, the reddit subs /r/Diablo and /r/Diablo3 will get you people to play with pretty quick. There's a lot of people willing to help you there.