Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Second option.

Wilders already had his image with "Make the Netherlands Great Again."
    He should have done some research. Most people in our country absolutely hate Trump and cannot understand why the US chose him.
    His party is losing votes because he is supportive of Trump.
    If you didn't learn the lesson from Brexit, learn from our mistake - don't ever underestimate these populist lunatics.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    If you didn't learn the lesson from Brexit, learn from our mistake - don't ever underestimate these populist lunatics.
    Good thing we don't have a single vote that changes the direction of our country.

UNless our leaders do something stupid and have a referendum for staying in the EU (Like the UK) or not the Netherlands has a parliamentary system that prevents having a single idiot with a bad haircut gain absolute power.

We have had a center right wing government since 2002 or something, people want the good old days back but they forget that it was a center left government that made got the results.

Right wing leaders screw things up, left has to clean it up.

Fingers crossed that Trump and co doesn't invade iran

Deleted
    Good thing.

He did say he will try to repair relations with Russia, so number of circlejerking fearmongering assholes that NATO is full will be smaller than it would have been with Hillary. Russia is not a threat to anyone, only uneducated people and complete morons believe otherwise. They are my neighbor, sanctions reduced our export big time, now country has nowhere to export food, which is a really bad thing in long term. EU increased handouts to counter that and to increase our reliance on EU, so if EU goes down, we'd be royally fucked. Sanctions and fearmongering need to go for everyone's sake.

Another issue is overabundance of SJW. With Hillary they would be more active than ever, feminazis and pro-refugee people could have made EU crisis even worse. They are too stupid to understand that vast majority of refugees aren't actually refugees, but lazy uneducated crowd that came for free handouts. But with Trump there is a chance more right wing parties would get popularity in EU and would stop all this madness.

If NATO goes bust, it would also be good for entire world. Massive military mob telling everyone what to do with nobody to counter it might lead to WW3, especially with SJW lunatics in charge like Merkel and Hillary. NATO has turned from defensive alliance to offensive bombing-into-democracy mob. If Trump dismantles that monstrosity, it would make world more peaceful.

Why is this thread not locked Endus?
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Good thing.

He did say he will try to repair relations with Russia, so number of circlejerking fearmongering assholes that NATO is full will be smaller than it would have been with Hillary. Russia is not a threat to anyone, only uneducated people and complete morons believe otherwise. They are my neighbor, sanctions reduced our export big time, now country has nowhere to export food, which is a really bad thing in long term. EU increased handouts to counter that and to increase our reliance on EU, so if EU goes down, we'd be royally fucked. Sanctions and fearmongering need to go for everyone's sake.

Another issue is overabundance of SJW. With Hillary they would be more active than ever, feminazis and pro-refugee people could have made EU crisis even worse. They are too stupid to understand that vast majority of refugees aren't actually refugees, but lazy uneducated crowd that came for free handouts. But with Trump there is a chance more right wing parties would get popularity in EU and would stop all this madness.

If NATO goes bust, it would also be good for entire world. Massive military mob telling everyone what to do with nobody to counter it might lead to WW3, especially with SJW lunatics in charge like Merkel and Hillary. NATO has turned from defensive alliance to offensive bombing-into-democracy mob. If Trump dismantles that monstrosity, it would make world more peaceful.
    >SJW lunatics like Merkel

Not even goingg to bother.

7+ Year Old Account
    He dislikes NATO and approves of Russia.

The man is a disaster.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Thats the perfect world...But nope, we've seen what happened with Ukraine and how Russia acts.
    I may be more red than Donald Trumps tie but i do not think the perfect world is reducing the danish military spending to the cost of planes without the money for pilots to fly them :P

Reminds me.. am i the only one thinking a guy with that red a tie must be a social democrat? Is donald trump a secret left winger? :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I don't.

Brexit won because people didn't vote for a Brexit, they voted against whatever the government supported.
    Trump won because people voted against Clinton, not for him.
    That's what you get when there are two options.
    That is why we had a referendum against a treaty with the Ukraine.

But in our election you don't have to vote for the populist party.
    There are a dozen parties that are against our current government.
    Let me add something; One of the reasons both Trump and Brexit happened was because of low turnout from young voters.

So what Macaquerie says is absolutely applicable - young people seem to vastly underestimate populists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Let me add something; One of the reasons both Trump and Brexit happened was because of low turnout from young voters.

So what Macaquerie says is absolutely applicable - young people seem to vastly underestimate populists.
    No 'lesser evil' bullshit to lower turnout here though. I mean, 75% in 2012 compared to the 95% turnout in the 50s is a big drop, but far from worrisome.

Deleted
    We pay more money if we want the same "safety". Last time we had to NATO it was on 9/11. So maybe... negotiate with Trump. He isn't smart enough to beat our elitist bureaucrats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Unless they've adjusted the numbers now a few days in.. That's actually not fully correct.
    The young voter group was larger by numbers than in 2012.
    By percentage your claim is correct, according to Pew.

On that note. The voter turnout total was 56.8% as reported..
    That makes it the second highest since 1968 (60.7%).
    Only 2008 had more in that timeline with 57.1%.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently for the UK it means brown nosing Trumps orange arsehole because we're desperate to make a success out of Brexit and have no choice.

What a time to be alive.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think Trump is a good thing. We need people like him and Putin in charge. People who will look out for THEIR country and THEIR people, rather than allowing non citizens more rights than citizens. That's why Brexit succeeded, the common man saying " fuck you" to the government.