Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    it's a decent way to get some purples for alts

I think 825 ilvl is ridiculous though to run it, should be 815.

When it was first introduced LFR was the end-game for a certain type of casual player (the kind who do a lot of solo and small scale group play). At this point, even if they aren't rolling Mythics or Mythic+ the warforge/titanforge process combined with the sheer volume of HCs and WQs available to them means that most of these sorts of players will be decked out in gear that easily surpasses what they're likely to see from LFR. I wonder if the participation rates have held up in the face of that change.

Deleted
    Alright I understand people love to bash LFR, even I do it these days, but let me just sum up a few things why it's still around:

-Casual/players with much less time have a method to see the current raids or any lore things that happen
    -Do the cache mission in an easier mode
    -You still have a chance to titanforge an item to really high ilvl
    -You still have a chance to get a legendary here and raid droprates of legendaries are pretty good
    -Practicing some basic mechanics/testing how an ability works during some raid abilities without pissing off your raid leader
    -....Artifact power?
    -ALTS!

There has never been a point to LFR. You could always watch the story/fights on youtube.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bbobert View Post
    An insult already and it's not even been 5 comments yet.

- - - Updated - - -

What data did you use to form the opinion that they do indeed have time or that they are in fact poor players? Can one assume that people who make these kind of comments are a certain type of person? I work all the time...all of the time and can only spare one evening a week to play. I'm lucky to be in a guild that runs on that day. During my last job I only have every other weekend off and no guild I know of raids every other weekend. Stop assuming your opinion is correct because it's your opinion.
    Your Butthurt is confirming it as Fact, thank you.

OP you can't believe how many people cannot complete Normal even in Guilds.

I joined a pug grp 2 weeks ago was saying "Guild" normal run. I was trying to test my balance spec out, maining rdruid with 883ilvl at that time.

So going to Nythendra I was pulling around 310k dps. The rest were having around 80-130k dps. We wiped 2 times around 15% on Nythendra Normal. Remember it was a full guild run + me as a pugger but I was way overqualified and boosting that group. After those 2 wipes their leader told me "you have 880ilvl and you don't even know tactics" ... I was obviously doing mythic spread tactics so I was literally standing at the other end of nythendra etc... didn't even need a heal or anything nor died at all. Well I left because... well they were clueless.

But ye that mademe realise that there are people that just don't know about the game. I mean they don't do that low dps/healing because they are bad. Its just that they never bothered going to a site learning their class, optimize etc. They just play the game and click stuff around. Its fine and thats what games are for when they are not competitive and wow is supposed to be such a game but its not.

And I can't imagine how many guilds are out there that are worse than that guild I mentioned. So LFR serves a purpose.

I'm also pretty sure ghostcrawler says he regretted adding LFR to the game, as he came up with the idea.
    If the creator of something regrets something, you know it's awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    The negative is the fact that you're taking people out of the raiding pool
    Someone should track down a dev statement on that and put it in their sig.

Players have a preferred level of challenge/difficulty, and trying to coerce them out of their comfort zones largely doesn't work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    There has never been a point to LFR. You could always watch the story/fights on youtube.
    Watching the fights on youtube really brings in the sub dollars, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    You need to appease the super casual. If you don't, he will let you know he's not happy with thunderous whinning.
    The vast (and I mean vast) majority of unhappy customers don't whine. They don't say a thing. They just leave.

Whining can be useful as a flag that this real silent response is occurring, but it's just a sideshow.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    The negative is the fact that you're taking people out of the raiding pool and the experience is very very cheapened.
    Your so totally right, I mean hell before LFR over half the playerbase raided and cleared at lease NM.......

Oh wait that's not true at all. If people want to raid NM+ they will and LFR being there doesn't change that. If people don't they won't and that is why before LFR less then 20% ever cleared a dam raid and also why LFR is the most used raid mode in WoW.

Your opinion is wrong based on fact and history.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post

The vast (and I mean vast) majority of unhappy customers don't whine. They don't say a thing. They just leave.

Whining can be useful as a flag that this real silent response is occurring, but it's just a sideshow.

The super casual is a special kind of casual breed, they aren't numerous, they're just very intense individuals

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    Hmmm what one is better for WoW,Blizzard and raiding.

A) Watching videos on youtube and not playing WoW

Or

B) Playing Wow and doing the content you enjoy or want to do. Even if its LFR.

- - - Updated - - -

The super casual is a special kind of casual breed, they aren't numerous, they're just very intense individuals
    So is that the new internet term of the month? Can't keep saying casual got to say super casual. Next month will it be super ultimate mega casual delux?

The names your side keeps trying to come up with to insult part of the playerbase, Is worse then all the names Capcom made for all the versions of Street Fighter IV
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

But if you are just focusing on this tiny minority of vocal supercasuals, why do you say they need to be appeased? Tiny minorities can be safely ignored. What matters is what the bulk of the customer population does -- and they don't do this whining you're, um, "commenting on".
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

But if you are just focusing on this tiny minority of vocal supercasuals, why do you say they need to be appeased? Tiny minorities can be safely ignored. What matters is what the bulk of the customer population does -- and they don't do this whining you're, um, "commenting on".
    Because they bring the illusion of something that doesn't exist. They're the harbingers. Casuals are being represented without their consent by this vocal minority

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

So is that the new internet term of the month? Can't keep saying casual got to say super casual. Next month will it be super ultimate mega casual delux?

The names your side keeps trying to come up with to insult part of the playerbase, Is worse then all the names Capcom made for all the versions of Street Fighter IV
    They exist and I'm not insulting anyone. I'm just describing how they act. They're the most entitled casual ever. Hence super casual

Because they bring the illusion of something that doesn't exist. They're the harbingers. Casuals are being represented without their consent by this vocal minority
    They may be making you unhappy, but so what? Blizzard has actual data and doesn't have to succumb to the same butthurt you are.

Of course what you were really trying to do is tar everyone for whom LFR was appropriate as a whiner, so their legitimate desires as customers could be delegitimized.

Quote Originally Posted by btorz View Post
    it's a decent way to get some purples for alts

I think 825 ilvl is ridiculous though to run it, should be 815.
    LFR needs that buffer thanks to the number of random morons always in the raid. Like when half the group remains in Ilgynoth's tree.

They may be making you unhappy, but so what? Blizzard has actual data and doesn't have to succumb to the same butthurt you are.
    Did I offend you somehow? You seem rather aggressive.

The question whether Blizzard methods in dealing with the data they have is effective or not is another debate.

The super casual exists. And like I told earlier, they make sure be known.

They exist and I'm not insulting anyone. I'm just describing how they act. They're the most entitled casual ever. Hence super casual
    So you got proof that this group exists and your just not trying to brand everyone who wants and likes LFR.

- - - Updated - - -

The super casual exists.
    Please do prove this....

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So you got proof that this group exists and your just not trying to brand everyone who wants and likes LFR.

- - - Updated - - -

Please do prove this....
    They've come out already and shown themselves. I won't point fingers.

Regardless, my original post and a few others explain quite well how the super casual thinks and behaves. The plain and simple description is : a casual player that forgot he doesn't deserve as much rewards as someone who actually plays the fucking game more than 30 minutes a day. They're an entitled breed of the casual player that doesn't understand the effort-reward system games are ruled by. They're dangerous when confronted and LFR is their hunting ground.