Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Classic bait-and-switch; actively make something worthless and then remove it claiming nobody's doing it. I can definitely see that happening in the future.
    It certainly does feel worthless. My point is mainly that normal mode raids have become so easy that they feel as if they are where LFR originally was. It sort of seems like Normal mode could already fill the "gap" (for lack of a better term) that LFR was originally intended to, and with a quick UI swap the LFR tool could be easily swapped to a "join normal raid" tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    If LFR was removed today I guarantee you that more than half of the players who only play LFR would consider moving to a casual 15-20 man flex normal mode guild.
    I completely disagree with this notion. Yeah you might get some to move up, but half? No way in hell. Statistics in every MMO that exists has shown us that the vast majority of MMO players simply don't want to raid. They do LFR because they can queue up, get it done, and move on. You remove LFR and the vast majority will just quit doing it all together.

I've played with these type of players in my guild for well over a decade now, and on games prior to this one. I can tell you that if they want to do normal they will, if they want to do LFR they will, if they want to step up to heroic they will. However, no amount of encouragement or forcing is going to get this group of players to do it if they don't want to. They will play the content that is available to them and either be happy with that or bail.

I'm not sure what it will take to get people to understand that those that run LFR only, aren't going to move up to " real raiding ". Most are either people who have already done it and don't want to deal with it anymore, or just have zero desire to do it anyways. I understand it's hard for some people to wrap their brains around, but over the years I've had people actually bail on the guild because we started raiding. They don't want to raid, and never will. It's just not something that interests them, and without LFR they simply won't do it at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    It certainly does feel worthless. My point is mainly that normal mode raids have become so easy that they feel as if they are where LFR originally was. It sort of seems like Normal mode could already fill the "gap" (for lack of a better term) that LFR was originally intended to, and with a quick UI swap the LFR tool could be easily swapped to a "join normal raid" tool.
    Now my comment to the other poster changes if you add a queable version of normal mode. Then you probably could get a much larger portion of the LFR crowd to give it a go, but as long as they can't hit the queue button and join a group, most of the LFR group aren't going to fool with Normal, even if LFR goes away.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's to gear up my alts

Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    Yeah, I have no idea why we apparently need four difficulty modes for everything. You could just as easily combine LFR and Normal raiding, as you could get rid of Mythic dungeons and then rename Mythic Plus to Mythic.

That gives us a queueable mode for people like me, a challenging mode for the majority of raiders and a bleeding-edge mode for the best. Hell, you could even cut it down to two if you replaced the modes with a soloable Story mode with NPCs and a single escalating Challenge mode that scaled your gear down to a specific level and had each boss get exponentially more difficult, so that it started out at Normal raiding levels and ended up as difficult as Mythic bosses.

That way, raiding wouldn't even need to reward gear, which would help prevent the ludicrous iLevel inflation we've been seeing for the past few expansions.
    Last edited by Blayze; 2016-11-13 at 12:27 PM.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    yet bads like you want to hijack the entire game to bring everyone down to your level.
    Oh please do tell how I want to hijack the game. Also love ur childish insult at calling me bad.

It isn't hijacking the game when all you want is your far share of content. There is a easy mode of raiding for those who wish to do it and then there is a hard mode for those who wish to do it.

Bottom line is this, LFR has been in WoW for half its life and clearly won't be removed anytime soon.

So get the fuck over it already, The only ones being entitled is the ones who wish for it to be removed or nerfed. How would you like it if your endgame got removed or nerfed.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Oh please do tell how I want to hijack the game. Also love ur childish insult at calling me bad.

It isn't hijacking the game when all you want is your far share of content. There is a easy mode of raiding for those who wish to do it and then there is a hard mode for those who wish to do it.

Bottom line is this, LFR has been in WoW for half its life and clearly won't be removed anytime soon.

So get the fuck over it already, The only ones being entitled is the ones who wish for it to be removed or nerfed. How would you like it if your endgame got removed or nerfed.
    In every objective sense, you are not a good player. You spend (by your own admission) hours playing the game and cannot progress into harder difficulties.

There is nothing wrong with that. I've never said there's anything wrong with that.

But LFR was not created for bad players. It was created for players who cannot spend large amounts of time playing the game. It lets them see the story without having to commit entire nights to raiding. As I've stated before, this is a good goal to have and Blizzard has this part done correctly.

I will type this very slowly for your benefit, as you seem to enjoy trimming out parts of my posts to suit your twisted narrative: I do not think LFR should be removed or changed from its current implementation (with the exception of Nighthold loot, which should be buffed to be 15ilvls under Normal as per Emerald Nightmare, and the removal of Defiled Runes from the drop table).

People like you keep whining about not being able to get cosmetic rewards (Balance of Power) without going into higher levels of difficulty and try to bring the game down for everyone. People like you are a big part of why there is a toxic divide between LFR and organised raiding.

Stop trying to perpetuate this narrative of "us" vs. "them" when it comes to the game, because all you do is feed the toxicity that you claim to hate.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

In every objective sense, you are not a good player. You spend (by your own admission) hours playing the game and cannot progress into harder difficulties.
    I never said I can't progress into harder difficulties. I said I don't care too and there is a massive difference.

I give zero fucks about doing HC or Mythic Raiding. I have cleared NM and done Mythic+ Dungeons. Not waiting to do a setting does not equal to being bad at the game.

LFR was created for players who wish to do it and the same can be said about all other content in the game. Don't like LFR don't do it, Go buy ur defiled runes from the AH and avoid LFR.

Yes the artifact quest should be doable in LFR my stance on that hasn't changed. At the time of that post I didn't even know it rewarded a skin and I could care less since I got the skin I want.

It locks a huge chuck of lore behind needing to do NM+ raiding. But its whatever in the end and wanting it in LFR doesn't bring the game down to any level.

Just keep telling yourself what you need to, but learn to accept LFR is here to stay.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-11-13 at 01:00 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    It locks a huge chuck of lore behind needing to do NM+ raiding.
    No it doesn't.

Just keep telling youself what you need to but learn to accept LFR is here to stay.
    Are you intentionally being dense?

I will type this very slowly for your benefit, as you seem to enjoy trimming out parts of my posts to suit your twisted narrative: I do not think LFR should be removed or changed from its current implementation (with the exception of Nighthold loot, which should be buffed to be 15ilvls under Normal as per Emerald Nightmare, and the removal of Defiled Runes from the drop table).
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

No it doesn't.
    Yes it does because it leads into the rest of the Blue Dragon Flight story.

Deleted
    I give zero fucks about doing HC or Mythic Raiding. I have cleared NM and done Mythic+ Dungeons. Not waiting to do a setting does not equal to being bad at the game.
    It's god damn hilarious how at first you gave zero fucks about "NM+ Raiding" but then you managed to do normal and then started giving zero fucks about "doing HC or Mythic".

But of course everyone in these forums knows this has nothing to do with being bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Zackie View Post
    It's god damn hilarious how at first you gave zero fucks about "NM+ Raiding" but then you managed to do normal and then started giving zero fucks about "doing HC or Mythic".

But of course everyone in these forums knows this has nothing to do with being bad.
    I don't give any fuck's about NM+ raiding. I got bored and cleared NM twice and left it at that. I will normally do it once unless there is some item I wish to get. Only time ill go back to EN NM is if my guild asks me to go and I feel like it.

I won't be doing it anymore and won't be doing HC or Mythic at all. No it has nothing to do with being bad and everything to do with me giving no fuck's. Last checked me and you haven't raided together, So you don't know how "Bad" or good I am.

Won't be doing NM+ of Nighthold or ToV at all. As it stands I log in do LFR, My weekly mythic and maybe whatever keystone drops and I am done.

Mite Solo some WOD content for fun, need to get the dam mount off of rukhmar.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-11-13 at 01:21 PM.

Deleted
    I don't give any fuck's about NM+ raiding. I got bored and cleared NM twice and left it at that. I will normally do it once unless there is some item I wish to get. Only time ill go back to EN NM is if my guild asks me to go and I feel like it.

I won't be doing it anymore and won't be doing HC or Mythic at all. No it has nothing to do with being bad and everything to do with me giving no fuck's. Last checked me and you haven't raided together, So you don't know how "Bad" or good I am.

Won't be doing NM+ of Nighthold or ToV at all. As it stands I log in do LFR, My weekly mythic and maybe whatever keystone drops and I am done.

Mite Solo some WOD content for fun, need to get the dam mount off of rukhmar.
    According to your armory you attempted to do it more than twice. Also, all I had to do was type your name in warcraft logs and see how good or bad you are.

Deleted
    So many misconceptions about LFR players. But lol at the people proud that they AFK and get carried by the so-called "bads" in the easiest tier of content.

It's story mode. That's basically it. It lets people who aren't interested in raiding see the inside of raids anyway, which lets them justify chucking original assets & story into raid environments.

It's in a good spot now that it no longer rewards good loot to people who actively participate in mythic dungeons/world quests/etc. For a variety of reasons, LFR never felt good as an "endgame" for people who weren't actively raiding, yet the gear rewards effectively put it in that position. Now the gear is mostly just useful for catchup and alts, which is a much better situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Zackie View Post
    According to your armory you attempted to do it more than twice. Also, all I had to do was type your name in warcraft logs and see how good or bad you are.
    Its almost like I said I cleared it twice. Yes on one boss I got 4 kills another 5 and another 3, Welcome to the world of using LFG.

Please do pull up my logs and show me how well of a player I am
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-11-13 at 01:37 PM.

Yes it does because it leads into the rest of the Blue Dragon Flight story.
    Good. More stuff should be gated behind normal mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Good. More stuff should be gated behind normal mode.
    Lore shouldn't be gated behind doing NM+ raiding. Even more so major parts of it.

What is the point if being an elitist jerk and telling people how they should have fun?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Lore shouldn't be gated behind doing NM+ raiding. Even more so major parts of it.
    Why?

/10chars

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    What is the point if being an elitist jerk and telling people how they should have fun?
    It's the parent's fault if their child develop diabetes. It's not the child's fault.

In this case it's Blizzard's fault if people burnout quickly for lack of progression and difficulty of LFR.
    It's not the players fault that the only queueable content is a steamroll where you can turn off your brain.

Fun fact: All those threads you see of people QQ'ing for lack of content...90% of them never entered a Mythic or Heroic raid.
    In most cases they are LFR/Normal raiders.
    What i mean is that is Blizzard's fault for making "endgame" this brain dead that leads to burnout. LFR is endgame for a lot of people.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2016-11-13 at 03:18 PM.