Page 1 of 2
LastLast

"Solo" tanking mythic cenarius

So we've been doing the zerg strat on cenarius and i decided to one tank cenarius and have the other tank go to drakes, pretty happy with the outcome just wanted to post it here. i havent seen any other logs of people using 1 tank only for cenarius. We had our feral taunt for one of the spears in p2 then i continued to tank the rest by myself. just wanted to share!

warcraftlogs.com/reports/2bYZFGN1HgjJRLzT#type=summary&fight=12

Just go with 3 tanking, there is no reason not to do so, the dps check isn't hard to hit anymore for it to work. Your having your feral kill himself which is a dps loss, atleast a tank will stay alive and do 200-280k dps.

Also get that damn hunter to play MM, no reason AT ALL to play BM.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

uh i just bubbled him he took 0 dmg... feral didnt kill himself

Deleted
    I find that a quite interesting log. Thanks for that one.

Don't let that destructive post above hold yourself from sharing things like that.

Deleted
    Dare I say you've impressed me? I'm still progressing through m cenarius, can you give some insight on how to solo soak nightmare blasts and spears?

absolutely! i just want to point out that i gained valuable information from a previous post in this forum about how the nightmare blast stacks effect spear of nightmare which effected my rotation.

Nightmare Blasts
    First : Sotr
    Second : Sotr
    Third : Sotr
    Fourth : Sotr + Eye of Tyr (could use sotr + some healer CD also)
    Fifth: Ardent Defender (as we progressed we didnt reach the fifth nightmare blast so i had this CD available in p2)

The spears is where it got tricky, i had to bubble the first spear due to the fact that i had 4-5 nightmare blasts stacks. just remember that you MUST cast bubble while cenarius is already casting spear of nightmare on you. i would pick the boss back up for a few short seconds, then our amazing feral druid ( you can use any player which has a taunt ability, but i asked the druid because ive played with him for years and hes fucking amazing) would taunt the boss, i would cast Blessing of protection on him while cenarius was mid cast of spear of nightmare, and he would either run into my previous nightmare spear pool or get close to it. To take the third spear i just used SOTR + Eye of tyr + ardent defender( if not available ask for an external CD). Then for the fourth would be GOTK + Sotr + any other external CD available. Just to be noted that this only works for up to the fourth spear of nightmare and if you would get a fifth the whole room would fill up with shit and everyone would have a slow death.
    Last edited by LittleLai; 2016-11-11 at 08:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLai View Post
    absolutely! i just want to point out that i gained valuable information from a previous post in this thread about how the nightmare blast stacks effect spear of nightmare which effected my rotation.

Nightmare Blasts
    Fifth: Ardent Defender (as we progressed we didnt reach the fifth nightmare blast so i had this CD available in p2)

The spears is where it got tricky, i had to bubble the first spear due to the fact that i had 4-5 nightmare blasts stacks. just remember that you MUST cast bubble while cenarius is already casting spear of nightmare on you. i would pick the boss back up for a few short seconds, then our amazing feral druid ( you can use any player which has a taunt ability, but i asked the druid because ive played with him for years and hes fucking amazing) would taunt the boss, i would cast Blessing of protection on him while cenarius was mid cast of spear of nightmare, and he would either run into my previous nightmare blast pool or get close to it. To take the third spear i just used SOTR + Eye of tyr + ardent defender( if not available ask for an external CD). Then for the fourth would be GOTK + Sotr + any other external CD available. Just to be noted that this only works for up to the fourth spear of nightmare and if you would get a fifth the whole room would fill up with shit and everyone would have a slow death.
    thanks, just wanted to be sure, nightmare blasts stacks increase spear of nightmare damage or am I reading you incorrectly?

i dont believe it increases the damage but someone posted that if you have nightmare blast stacks and you get nightmare speared it will increase the size of the pool regaurdless of what mitagation you use, so you have to bubble it.

Good stuff! My team is just getting started on mythics, so I appreciate the tips and I'm taking notes!

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

@LittleLai

Great stuff, thank you! Also sent you PM if you got two minutes

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLai View Post
    absolutely! i just want to point out that i gained valuable information from a previous post in this forum about how the nightmare blast stacks effect spear of nightmare which effected my rotation.

Nightmare Blasts

The spears is where it got tricky, i had to bubble the first spear due to the fact that i had 4-5 nightmare blasts stacks. just remember that you MUST cast bubble while cenarius is already casting spear of nightmare on you. i would pick the boss back up for a few short seconds, then our amazing feral druid ( you can use any player which has a taunt ability, but i asked the druid because ive played with him for years and hes fucking amazing) would taunt the boss, i would cast Blessing of protection on him while cenarius was mid cast of spear of nightmare, and he would either run into my previous nightmare spear pool or get close to it. To take the third spear i just used SOTR + Eye of tyr + ardent defender( if not available ask for an external CD). Then for the fourth would be GOTK + Sotr + any other external CD available. Just to be noted that this only works for up to the fourth spear of nightmare and if you would get a fifth the whole room would fill up with shit and everyone would have a slow death.
    If you have other paladins in the raid, those can also do BoP on a melee who taunts, and taunt+bubble
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

you are 100% correct, unfortunately we only had one other pally that was designated to healing the tank on the drakes, i didnt want to have him run over and bop someone in the 2 second cast and accidently miss it. ill just state it again to make sure if you do decide to bubble someone who has a taunt make sure its in the middle of the nightmare spear cast because the spear is a fixated target.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wenoxar View Post
    @LittleLai

Great stuff, thank you! Also sent you PM if you got two minutes
    i just saw your message but i dont even have enough posts to replay yet!

Hey do you have a link to the previous post in your initial link. Also with you getting to 4 or 5 stacks of nightmare blast how is that not too much damage for the healers to heal through. Were getting ready to start Mythic Cenarius this week and we have a DK/Pally so if the Pally can solo tank and us not take our top dps away by him going prot war thatd be huge. Any other info would be much appreciated.

heres the link https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...2&type=summary

i usually just heal through all of it myself, i always make sure i have my hand of the protector up before the nightmare blast goes out so i can instantly heal back a lot of my HP. i also dont run seraphim so that makes it way easier to heal myself and anyone else that is about to die. i listed a few posts back what CD's i use for each nightmare blast also not sure if you might have overlooked it.

LittleLai, buddy, we started our mythic progression 2d ago. So far we've got ~40 wipes and best try was 36%. FUCKING BRAMBLES am I right

Doing the 2 tanks strat, we gotta improve some things, but overall it seems really good

im glad its working for you! make sure everyones alive in p2 we were only able to do up to 4 spears, on the 5th the room will fill with shit unless you have mroe pallys in the group that can do the bubble on someone

Yee we gonna immune 3 out of 5 spears :P And possibly adding 4th spear to immune as well!

if you get it message me the logs id love to look at them, im happy other people like this strat and are trying it out!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Killed it, using your tactic with few improvements.

Thank you for an overall idea. My suggestion for guilds out there that are progressing/haven't started progressing cenarius yet: if you have prot pala tank and retri pala or holy pala (not dragon healer), don't go with 3 tanks, as long as you've got enough dps.

The dps check isn't big!

Trying to convince my guild to let me do this. I have one question though. How do you handle the wisps with no mass grip?